What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Police to use mark 1 or 2s based off what crims use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter Hill

Hello you GTA RP freaks the server is heading in a good direction i feel this could help with balance of law force. when crims are using mark 1 such as pistols  police should only retailate and use the same type of weaponry  this just adds to balance and big servers like no pixel do this which helps create good and enjoyable RP .

If someone pulls out a pistol in real life, they'd be pretty lucky to have firearms only retaliate with a pistol of their own

Speaking entirely as an individual (not as a member of the dev/staff team)

The Police should ideally be using the NDM (National Decision Making) model combined with a situational risk assessment to determine necessary force. Obviously, extreme use of force or use of force when the situation doesn't require it is a problem, but such issues can normally be dealt with in roleplay either directly by Police command, or via other means such as a complaint raised with the IOPC.

TL:DR - A rule isn't necessary where such situations could be dealt with just fine within roleplay.

Once again, this opinion is my own and not a judgement of the Development or Staff Team.

From a balance perspective the police being overpowered really isn't a problem on the server at the moment, rather the opposite from my experience as a civilian. And as a standard police should not be equal in weaponry to gangs; in very few countries would a gang come out victorious from a firefight with police. If you see the police as a equal force to your gang you need to rethink, as a gang you should be scared and try to avoid the police. 

And from a realism perspective just the general notion of police not being allowed to match a pistol with greater weaponry is completely ridiculous to me. If AFOs respond to a active shooter they will not limit their weaponry to make it a "fair fight", they will use whatever they believe will be most effective at dealing with the threat. 

And like Gordon said, if you have a problem with how police act in game make a in RP complaint to the IOPC either at City Hall or at LS-iopc.com but I can tell you right now that if you are simply upset that police used better weapons than you that's not a problem with Professional Standards or Excessive Force. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay yeah for sure so if your robbing a bank they assess the situation I'm not saying there overpowered I've wiped the pd my fair share just to add a more flow and different scenarios ect 

@Alfred Wilson I wasn't complaining either just a suggestion great server's that are full of streamers use this to improve  people's experience

Last edited by a moderator:
I've wiped the pd my fair share just to add a more flow and different scenarios ect 
collection-of-free-facepalm-transparent-picard-download-on-ui-ex-facepalm-png-240_144.png

I think it’s fairly clear here from the votes that the community doesn’t want this suggestion implemented and as a result it will be rejected. Thanks for taking your time to make a suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back