What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - jay1337 - 09/04/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay1337

Banned
In-game Name
Jay Bishop

Steam ID

The date of your ban.

Member of the team that banned you.
Deleter

Reason given for your ban.
C.6.2

Which server are you banned from?
Teamspeak

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
C.6.2 was awarded to me for swearing and using offensive language in the Teamspeak Join-for-Support channel during a conversation with Deleter and Robbie following a 24hr ban I received for abusing OOC.

Why should we unban you ?
I understand that emotions were high in the chat surrounding the roundabout way the conversation went, because it was a heated debate based over procedure and policy regarding the OOC channel and that it turned into an argument where regrettably I became too annoyed by what I felt (at the time) was a complete disregard to support me by the staff and despite trying to resolve issues that were occuring in-character through OOC methods; however, my offensive language and swearing in the conversation was unacceptable and unsuitable for what the meta of the conversation was which was actually me requesting greater support from the staff. Because of that I deeply apologise to the two admins that showed nothing but patience and understanding with me when I was far too gone to control my approach to the conversation and negative language I used to express myself. You lads don't get paid for what you do, you do it voluntarily and it's extremely admirable and respectable and you don't get enough credit for what you do, let alone deserve any disrespect from me and I am sorry.

Moving forward I've taken some time to reconfigure my position in the server and have chosen to attempt to apply for the PD, for which I know you need to have access to the TS for, and I also want to help the current gang I am a low level senior member of to gain better recognition and engagement with the server and I know we also need to have and participate in our own TS channel to receive staff support in that as well as provide a fair-transparent means of communication with our gang I'd like to be a part of that.

Most importantly, I feel as though Teamspeak is the second greatest asset to the community, after the game itself, where it is a vital lifeline for inter-player communication as well as a means of being in contact with the staff and the police liaison. I understand the disadvantage I have by not being able to use this resource and I feel I am as not useful as an experienced roleplayer in the RPUK community by not being able to be a part of it's network.

I hope my behaviour can be forgiven, or at least forgotten and I can prove myself to be a valid member of this community once more and redeem myself in the eyes of the staff, especially the two staff members I embarrassed myself in front of trying to do good, but in a very bad way.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Firstly thank you for the well written appeal 

You came into JFS to complain about the police prison times etc, I told you my advice of what you should do and how you should suggest it multiple times and every time you rejected my suggests and got more annoyed, I warned you multiple times about your language and yet you continued. 

How can we be sure that you are not going to go in another tantrum when you disagree with someone? How are you going to control yourself when something bad happens to you and you wish to seek advice?

@Robbie thank you for your reply, sorry for the lateness of mine I didn't get your notification or Wilco's until I came back in.

Essentially avoiding any form of conflict in the first place is my number one priority. However, in the unavoidable I have learned that it's a lot better and things can progress a lot smoother and also I've found with a much more positive outcome for all if you just chill, establish the facts and then act properly and calmly on what needs to be addressed. Getting banned from the Teamspeak and having staff members asking to speak to me about various topics and then having to explain myself and why I can't has been pretty embarrassing but mainly debilitating and I feel like I can't enjoy the whole spectrum of being able to engage with the community and I'm seriously missing out.

Regarding emotions and having tantrums, it's not on. Pure and simple. I shouldn't be lashing out at you guys and acting out when I've encountered a situation i don't like because to put it bluntly, it's out of order. You guys don't deserve it and I should be acting a lot better than I do and I do regret and feel pretty childish by what's happened.

In hindsight, there was plenty of opportunity  to de-escalate and take things down the appropriate channels but I chose not to and I was wrong to do so. I promise I'm actively making an effort to reduce the tension and aggravation in other's problems (via my leadership role in Peaky Blinders) as an effort to understand my own and build on what I already know is the best way. Nothing's going to go well for me if I'm acting like that and I can only ask for the chance to prove myself different from what the staff have perceived of me OOC cause it's not a good look. We all deserve better of me and want what's best for me and I know I can do better. Just give me that chance and watch this space.

I'm going to unban you from teamspeak, however let me make this clear speak to any staff members the way you spoke to us the other day, you won't get another chance. 

Can you please pm me your TSUID 

@jay1337 You should be able to connect to teamspeak again now.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back