What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Franklin Dickson - 09/09/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Name
Franklin Dickson

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
09/09/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Robbie

Reason given for your ban.
for rule C2.2 exploiting

Which server are you banned from?
GTA RP

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned for using a exploit that gave me an advantage over the police for a short time.

Why should we unban you ?
I honestly forgot that repairing a car whilst on the inside was against the rules especially when the stakes were high. Given the situation it wasn't like i had time to think about the next move. It all happened so fast that it didn't seem wrong in that moment. Not that that gives me any acception to do it. I now know that it's wrong and if i am unbanned i will make sure to follow the rules 100% of the time so a situation like this never happens again. I hope you choose to unban me because it really is a fun world to play in and to be perma banned like this is not how i wanted the experience to end. You have my full apologies for the misuse of exploit that i used, and i hope you can give me one last chance to prove myself. Nothing like this will ever happen again from me. I know i've done wrong, and i want to make this better!

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Right then, i'm going to get straight to point here. 

I honestly forgot that repairing a car whilst on the inside was against the rules
Did you honestly think little minions would come out of the ground a fix your car for you? It's a serious roleplaying server you are meant to roleplay things out I will reference a rule here (G2.3) Roleplay Everything - You must remain in character at all times, unless a uniformed Admin authorises you to speak out of character. Now onto the conversation that you had with tiktak

c1524c928f663d1291783e62c7d3a016.png

4acfefb4f9fe13bed14a7baea49a139d.png

315d7ff6836e1503a6716b701e1eb131.png

So let's take a few things from what you have said here and then maybe you can shed some light for me.

At what point did you think repairing cars from the inside is actually allowed and makes sense? 

You mention multiple people use this exploit, yet you haven't reported it, why? And do you have names for me?

In your reasoning to the question of "why should we unban you" you say "Given the situation it wasn't like i had time to think about the next move. It all happened so fast that it didn't seem wrong in that moment." When clearly in the above comments with tiktak you state that its happened on multiple occasions.

You state that you did it due to being rushed in the situation. How many times have you actually repaired the car from the inside?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have names for all the people who i have ever seen use this exploit. They didn't use it to gain advantages in any situation. It was just when people were sat at Legion. Minding their own business. As for myself, the same thing. Not while we were doing RP related things just when we were all messing about at legion. This was the only time i actually done it in a RP situation and a short while after doing it i realised it was wrong. I know it doesn't look like i care but i really do. I have read all the rules it was just a stupid mistake I made in the heat of the moment. 

I can assure you that i meant nothing of this, just a lazy lack of RP and i can promise you there won't be another issue related to this. Just give me another chance to prove myself.

- Frankie    

This was the only time i actually done it in a RP situation and a short while after doing it i realised it was wrong
You say that but the messages i have linked above you stated "if we aren't able to do it then why is it an option" if what you said was true why did you say that to Tiktak? when realising it was wrong why did you not report this to the staff / development team that such an exploit was possible?

You say that but the messages i have linked above you stated "if we aren't able to do it then why is it an option" if what you said was true why did you say that to Tiktak? when realising it was wrong why did you not report this to the staff / development team that such an exploit was possible?
I didn't report it because we were still in a conversation during RP. I didn't think it was the right time to leave the RP scenario just to report something like this. I i hadn't had been in that situation for so long i would have 100% reported it. I've said i knew it was completely wrong. Leaving TikTak stand there and wait while i report something instead of actually playing out the events in RP just seems backwards. I know I am in the wrong. Clearly. I really enjoy the involvement from this community and i haven't had one as strong as this from any other server. Like I've said, i understand the mistakes i made. And i am really sorry for my actions.

@Franklin Dickson

It was very clearly an exploit and you know that. If you find something like this again I expect it to be reported to the devs via a bug report on the forums.

I am going to give you another chance but if there anything to do with you and exploiting seen again there will not be another one.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back