What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Active Situations (FiveM)

Louis

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Active Situations (FiveM)

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

When on the FiveM server it has come apparent that people who are not involved in active situations like bank robberies just run around being tolls and idiots not valuing their lives and have no care about the situation that involves armed criminals and armed police.

My suggestion would be that a rule is implemented that would prevent people from involving themselves in a situation/roleplay scenario without a valid roleplay reason.

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

It will allow for better roleplay as there should be no interruptions.

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

I don't think there is any.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

The same or similar to Trolling/Fail RP

100% agree.

Could be worded similar to,

If you are not part of the given scenario, you may not distrupt or force yourself into the situation without being invited or having a STRONG roleplay reason to do so. Wanting a gun from an officer or wanting to rob someone is not considered a STRONG roleplay reason to do so.

This is something I have seen, as a civilian, happen a lot with traffics stops; a officer tries to perform a standard traffic stop for some good RP and its all going fine until 4 random unrelated cars show up and start harassing the cop, doing burnouts etc to get attention.

In terms of prohibiting it through rules it is something I've seen done on a lot of other communities, and whilst some people will still do it, it certainly does help a lot. 

I will +1

But we all need to appreciate. If you want the high Quality RP with no fucking around, idiocy ect. Then the server would need to be whitelisted. Bringing this into effect would only give our glorious @TikTak more people to report. (Jk jk)

If your server is open to the world, well, the world has a lot of idiots so you have to expect it.

Again i doubt this is a solution to "Trolling". I believe whitelisting is, thought i doubt our community would do such a thing.

Biiiiiig +1 

always seeing police having to spend their time at the banks dealing with idiots rather than the people who are meant to be in the middle of the RP

I don't want to go off topic but, I don't think whitelisting is an option at the moment as yes the server is doing ok but, I think we still need more of a solid set of active players before doing whitelisting.

However in the future whitelisting is a very good option.

I thought this was already a rule? Isn't it falling under this?
(C1.7) Common Sense - As a Roleplay game, every situation is different and not everything can be detailed within these rules and so it is important to remember this is an adult community and some things simply come down to common sense.

+1 if it wasn't

I suggested limiting active participants at Bank robberies about 6 weeks ago. It got voted down massively. 

It's ironic that the exact same suggestion is voted up only a short time later due to the very same behaviour. 

I voted it up anyway because I think it is best for the server but I have no idea how you can enforce it. 

I suggested limiting active participants at Bank robberies about 6 weeks ago. It got voted down massively. 

It's ironic that the exact same suggestion is voted up only a short time later due to the very same behaviour. 

I voted it up anyway because I think it is best for the server but I have no idea how you can enforce it. 
I think this suggestion is about people who have nothing to do with the situation but getting involved by rulling past barricades, ramming people, etc

This doesnt make sense to me. Why exclude people from roleplay situations on a roleplay server? If you dont like what people are doing in the situation, do something about it in RP.

If you dont want other people to interrupt why dont you host a private server.

Imagine a new player turning up to a situation to see whats going on and maybe learn a bit about the server only to have a bunch of whiners scream at him YOURE NOT INVOLVED YOURE NOT INVOLVED and then get told off by an admin. 

Getting involved in random situations is how you end up making friends on servers. Why stop that from happening? 

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesnt make sense to me. Why exclude people from roleplay situations on a roleplay server? If you dont like what people are doing in the situation, do something about it in RP.

Imagine a new player turning up to a situation to see whats going on and maybe learn a bit about the server only to have a bunch of whiners scream at him YOURE NOT INVOLVED YOURE NOT INVOLVED and then get told off by an admin. 

Getting involved in random situations is how you end up making friends on servers. Why stop that from happening? 
I can see your point with this however in most situations take a bank robbery for example it is a common issue that people not involved (without any roleplay reason) getting involved to just mess up any experience for the police. half of the time people will run into the bank and say something like im your hostage now or when shots are getting fired people will hang around and act as if nothing has happened. i do see your point and i myself and im sure any other person would see no issue if someone had a roleplay reason to get involved in the situation but as ive mentioned half the time it is just people trolling and causing issues for the sake of doing it.

I can see your point with this however in most situations take a bank robbery for example it is a common issue that people not involved (without any roleplay reason) getting involved to just mess up any experience for the police. half of the time people will run into the bank and say something like im your hostage now or when shots are getting fired people will hang around and act as if nothing has happened. i do see your point and i myself and im sure any other person would see no issue if someone had a roleplay reason to get involved in the situation but as ive mentioned half the time it is just people trolling and causing issues for the sake of doing it.
So surely that just comes under trolling or common sense so these people can already be dealt with without the need to stop all people from getting involved, no matter if they add a positive spin to a situation?

Get involved sure if you have something to contribute but I think the suggestion would be there to cover the situations where there are certain groups ruining roleplay for others by forcing their hand into handing over a weapon etc when they had nothing to do with the scenario.

Enforcement would be case by case basis but it gives ground to stop those random and harassing groups targeting individuals 24/7 and going out of their way to ruin good situations which is happening a lot.

I won't say more on the matter as it is my opinion but I think having this rule here as a guidance and something we can point people towards to improve roleplay is a good step, I don't want to move to fully whitelisted, yet.

I think this suggestion is about people who have nothing to do with the situation but getting involved by rulling past barricades, ramming people, etc
It's the same thing. Limiting numbers to prevent shitty experience all around. Innocent bystanders are one thing but people actively trying to troll are another. 

But its not limiting numbers though, with this suggestion implemented I think  you can still rob a bank with 60 people if you want, this suggestion is to prevent other people who have nothing to do with the situation from interfering without a valid roleplay reasons.

This have been discussed and we are about to adress this in the coming days.

Back