What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Weapon Truck Event

Simon Ross

Šîmøñ Rø$š
About 2 and a half years ago there was this weapon event, created by OG at the time. I remember this was a lot of fun, the server was full and it was complete mayhem, but a lot of fun.

What I would suggest is that another one is organised. This would have to be done by Police in conjunction with the development team. It would be done in a similar way as before, with a slight story change. The Police are shipping a large number of weapons off, go intercept it. It will have the same x number of routes the trucks could take marked out on the map which is sent out at the start of the event. However it would be the police which are defending it this time.

The best way to do this to ensure numbers IMO would be to have a signup sheet of police who are definitely going to be able to attend as a cop, and likewise a signup sheet for those other cops which would rather attend as Rebel(so they can be given a temporary 1 restart holiday or something). This allows there to be enough AR and cops to defend it, whilst also letting the others who would rather fuel the fight and help attack as rebels do so. Poseidon could also attack the vehicle, and potentially also offer the same sort of options - those definitely attending as Poseidon, those who want to book off and do it as a rebel for a restart, and then the rest who have freedom to go whatever way they want.

The trucks could contain the same sorts of items - Zafirs, MK200, 7.62 supressors, Mar-10s, LRPS, ASPs etc. as well as other weaponry. This is where there would need to be development team input this time to actually spawn/add these items into the game. I would say the best way to do this is give a GC/Staff/Dev a house or 2 full of the mags, weapons etc which can then be put into a truck and teleported to the start. 

This event will bring players back to the server. Those who are still in touch with the server but play other places or don't play Arma may come back for it, and will give the server a boost in players which will then also hopefully bring a rise in the overall player numbers after the event too. 

When deciding a date I would suggest a Friday after 8pm as this doesn't clash with any other big server's gang wars (I believe), so will mean that people are more likely to attend again. 

Back