What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Altis Life Devs Required

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator

URGENT - Altis Life Devs Required

This is an announcement to request applications from new developers to add to our existing development team for Altis Life.

I will be crystal clear, We admit our Altis Life server has lacked exciting new features for a while now and due to that unfortunately the numbers have suffered, Our server does still pull in a crowd at peak times we we still have a hungry player base who are currently off playing other games and doing other things waiting in the wings while things progress (we understand and appreciate your loyalty to the server)

This is not in anyway the fault of our existing development team, Real life always comes first and we massively appreciate the time our team can actually put into our community, every hour is valued! but its time to expand the team and give them help and get people working on features and suggestions the community desires and deserves and progress the server at a faster rate than we can currently with a bigger team and an adjusted focus as a causal RP server while the GTA RP server carries the touch forward with the more serious in-depth roleplay.

We can see the effects of what an active development team in numbers all working together can have with the success our GTA RP team are having, while they work on separate fun features they all gel together to get updates out regularly based on their own idea's on what the community are suggesting.

Rather than shrug the shoulders and say its been nearly 7 years! Its had a good run lets just concentrate on GTA RP it would be a massive shame to not only to our existing players who a lot of them don't play GTA RP and who are committed to our Arma server , Also all the time and work we have put in establishing ourselves as an enjoyable non toxic place to unwind, roleplay and have some quality fun!

Good SQF developers are hard to come by, This isn't an easy ask! Most have them have moved on from Arma and over the years we have not had many applications from people skilled in this area and the ones we have had we have snapped up! but hopefully someone will see this and want to be part of a big project that is only continuing to grow and expand nearly 7 years from launch that is still true to its roots.

We are looking for new talent to join our team to for the following roles:

• SQF Developers (Top [SIZE= 16px]priority[/SIZE]!) To work on their own ideas and most importantly work on what the community wants
  • SQF Editors - People who can edit price lists etc etc but will spend time checking there work to avoid errors/bugs (An All hands on deck role - freeing up SQF Dev time)
  • API/Web/SQL - For player stats pages that can be [SIZE= 16px]integrated[/SIZE] into the design of our current website/forums
  • Map Editors - For people who can use Eden editor and make server ready map designs of good quality
  • Texture Designers - Copyright free designs for Clothing,[SIZE= 16px]Vehicles[/SIZE]... you name it the community wants it! 
To Apply please fill in the following form: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forms/10-development-team-application/

When giving examples, provide examples that show that you understand frameworks and/or concepts in arma and/or make a simple script if you don't have examples to give so we can gauge your level

If you're giving examples of shared work, please indicate what work is yours or include source control so we can determine this ourselves

We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our community.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add on to the above points, if you have any questions, concerns or queries with joining the RPUK development teams please do not hesitate to forum message any of the below who are happy to answer your questions or point you in the right direction! If someone is busy or taking a while to respond, add the others!

@Ciaran- Lead

@Stealthee - Lead

@Jaffa - Arma Development Team

@CC Gordon - Arma Development Team

@sciencefreak74 - Arma Development Team

Great news! I hope people's existing apps (I know a few people that have applied for Map editing / texture / config change roles) are reviewed?

I got excited when I saw they want API / Web / SQL devs... but we had a really great team of us using the API to produce stats pages and other such resources back in 2017/18 and it got the plugged pulled on it very quickly due to GDPR?

So while I'd love to go back to creating stats based things (which I have with the recent Cap Zone Stats) and hopefully getting expanded API endpoints, I dont want to put lots of time in again to have the API turned off randomly!

It's good to see this quite quickly after the few posts to help and develop our good ol' island.

I am not into this kind of stuff but go get them boiis!

Great news! I hope people's existing apps (I know a few people that have applied for Map editing / texture / config change roles) are reviewed?

I got excited when I saw they want API / Web / SQL devs... but we had a really great team of us using the API to produce stats pages and other such resources back in 2017/18 and it got the plugged pulled on it very quickly due to GDPR?

So while I'd love to go back to creating stats based things (which I have with the recent Cap Zone Stats) and hopefully getting expanded API endpoints, I dont want to put lots of time in again to have the API turned off randomly!
Existing/recent applications are currently in the process of being reviewed, however if someone thinks they have miss d something out on their application or thinks we have missed them/overseen something, let us know! Send another with the missed content or message one of the leads/Arma team with additions/support to your application.

It is crucial we see some examples of work and concept, this allows us to streamline the recruitment and hiring and seeing where exactly you will fit into the team.

In regards to the API and in particular the stats features, I will have a chat with leads and management and get you an official up to date word, in the coming days.

I am keen to give people things that excite them, Stats have always been something that people enjoy... I dont think there is any real argument for metagaming anymore... people have millions and billions! as long its not showing inventory's or house locations etc

As for GDPR, It needs discussion but there isn't a game or server for that matter that doesn't have stats in 2020 viewable by the public.

What I do know is the API wont be public, What i want is an official page worked on by internal developers, the same with the cap zones and the upcoming forum widget showing who has the biggest dick. 

@Jayray Holder I applied a few weeks back , mainly for SQF code and map because thats what im better at. Texturing is more of a side project, not something im happy with yet as im a noob for now, perhaps in the near future.

Damn, a whole widget just for me?!
@Coco No... your on the one below it named "The smallest dick but actual biggest COCK!"

@Jayray Holder I applied a few weeks back , mainly for SQF code and map because thats what im better at. Texturing is more of a side project, not something im happy with yet as im a noob for now, perhaps in the near future.
I do believe you was being discussed the other night, No need to apply again you will either get an interview or an answer in due course!

Applied a few months back, got background in game development, level design, 3D modelling and texturing. Done so for Arma and actual games (some of them still in development).

Entry level experience with Python and SQF but happy to pick up and learn stuff as I go 😉

Happy to help, just let me know.

@CSI LastNickLeft I ve seen your application... I also seen that the current dev team thought it was an application for the GTA RP Team!

I recommend submitting another one more Arma focused... you didn't mention anything about Arma... maybe there is a reason for that but don't be shy.

Ayyy hopefully we can get some numbers back up again this seems like a step in the right direction. If you need textures you know where im at got alot of stuff laying around on the good old drive..

Only a few of the older apps have been tracked, primarily those in the last month or two.
If you're wanting to join the team, reapplying now with good examples will show that both you're still interested and allow us to track the app better through the new system in the background.

There's been a few queries about what to give as an example if you're applying with an intention to update data / configs, so I'll post my reply to one of these here:

Provide something that shows you understand data structures in arma.
i.e. You could create a class based shop config showing how you might lay the data out, with prices per faction, condition etc. The actual data could just be a few things per item type.

It's not exactly equivalent to what an editor would do, but it'd show you'd be able to understand how our custom shop configs etc link together

If you've already submitted an application recently and want to update your examples, drop me a DM on the forums and I can update your dev app.

p.s. If you can do both config editing and map work, that's ideal

Back