What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Altis Life Mass Unban 2.0

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator

Mass Unban 2.0 - Altis Life

This is something that comes up now and again and has come up this week and I feel it needs to be tackled head on as i expect for it to come up again in the community meeting on Friday.

When we changed to the fairer ban system at the end of last year and erased the ban list of 30,003 bans down to 3267 the agreement was from the community vote that this was a one time thing due to the new ban system being more than fair.

The people that remained banned were either due to hacking, threats, racism etc etc, the people that have been banned since then have passed through the fair ban system or have again been banned for hacking, threats, racism etc etc.

Today we are at 7607 active Arma bans and mainly they are system automated added by our anti cheat systems.

Sorry for the click bait title but there is not to be a mass unban, and I know the community will agree with this stance, the reasoning for this is our staff team and ban system adapted to what the community wanted and voted for and that remains the case today and i am confident this was very much welcomed.

Lets not be lazy! People know how to appeal and as long as you spend some time on your appeal, show understanding of why you was banned and how you can move forward you will be responded to fairly.

I understand its been 11 months since we made these community changing changes, So i am open to accept appeals from members who have not been banned for any of the given the reasons above, will show understanding like i mentioned above regardless if you have had a rejected appeal within those 11 months.

I will personally review these appeals over the next week or so as and when to release strain on the staff team.

Would it be possible to know how many of those unbanned in the mass Unban:

A) Have gone on to actually play on the server - I assume most of the bans were people who have since not even played Arma

B) Have gotten themselves Permanently banned again

C) (If possible) How many of those who remained banned in the last mass unban still actively play Arma (whether that is other communities, or just other gamemodes)

@Simon Ross Unless you got a good reason on what positive motion you could do from that data then it would be pointless task in getting someone to start crunching numbers.

Time better spent in reviewing unban appeals!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wilco

A) Have gone on to actually play on the server - I assume most of the bans were people who have since not even played Arma
With this question here, it is a case of back in the day you log on, you break RP/NLR etc. and you would most likely be perm banned. You might go play a different game mode, server etc. then you stop playing Arma a few weeks later. 28,000 people were unbanned, and obviously there will be some of those 28,000 players who are banned who still play Arma and come back due to the unban, but I would personally take a pot shot that maybe 1,000 people tops(?) would have actually played, and then out of that, who actually stayed - I personally don't know everyone's individual circumstances of their unban, and obviously some did come back due to it, but a lot of those accounts probably haven't touched Arma in years. 

B) Have gotten themselves Permanently banned again
This shows if people simply took it as an opportunity to go and Mass VDM on RPUK for a second time, or who came back to play the game etc.

C) (If possible) How many of those who remained banned in the last mass unban still actively play Arma (whether that is other communities, or just other gamemodes)
This is because I think that the people who are likely to come back will have been the ones banned for something more serious, or because they worked up quite the track record over their time here. People who have been banned here for certain things, which they were unable to appeal, so head off somewhere else. But have played for a long time before this incident happened, established themselves in the community etc. As well, these would be the players which boost the numbers, it is all well and good saying we have unbanned 28,000 but if only 1,000 (my personal guess) of those lot log on to the server to play again, in reality it boosts the numbers much less. But then in comparison, unbanning 1,000 of those active players banned for more serious things, that would have a much bigger impact on the player numbers. Obviously hacking, threats to the server etc. would remain banned, but things like 1st time duping ban could have an account wipe and an unban IMO - the way they duped back when they got banned will have been patched by now and if they are caught a second time obviously they shouldn't be considered again. Likewise, I think when it comes to Racism/Prejudice etc. it could be a case of common sense, someone who has had a clean track record for it and accidentally lets something slip could be unbanned, whilst the dude who came to the server to go for a racist rampage through Kavala should remain banned.

@Coco Like any player could... but he will be found on the server and will unfortunately be banned again, Completely out of our hands and cannot be overridden.

That's an appeal to BIS

Well maybe you should unban players that have been banned for playing on other servers. 

@Antjo Is this a rumour or do you have evidence of someone who has been solely banned in the last 11 months for playing on another server ? 

@Antjo Is this a rumour or do you have evidence of someone who has been solely banned in the last 11 months for playing on another server ? 

@Wilco I do have video evidence of you banning people that became community supports and admins on other servers. Also have proof of me becoming an support and got banned within 2 days. Just wondering, why are you banning these people?

@Wilco I do have video evidence of you banning people that became community supports and admins on other servers. Also have proof of me becoming an support and got banned within 2 days. Just wondering, why are you banning these people?
Video evidence of me banning someone I doubt it.

Well that is not members who regularly play here, that is an exception for staff of other community’s and we only do that for two places (Altis Life) and that’s because in the past staff have come over and either advertised, or gone around breaking rules and often brought friends along to do so.

Rather than expect goodwill and common sense from these places we are in our rights to refuse entry, We have never done this (Our staff team) and can assure you if our staff did such a thing they wouldn’t be in position

Our staff and devs have also been banned from servers they have never even joined but there not over there moaning about it, I am pretty confident that the thought of doing such a thing has never entered anyone in the teams mind, that’s just the sort of person we are.

If let’s say someone leaves said position and wants to be a member here all it takes is an appeal

@Antjo we are talking a very small number here and usually they do not wish to play here, can’t recall a request from someone in position, I can’t help but feel your clutching at straws with this one, but like I’ve outlined above our appeals are open

I know it shouldn’t be like this but unfortunately that’s where we have ended up! On a positive note dispite the flak it gets the GTA RP community have been much more welcoming we have had a handful of collab requests and a couple of emails about merger, Of course we declined but it was nice to have healthy discussions.

I will be clear, normal members do not get banned for playing elsewhere

to add to what @Wilco said(from personal experience sadly) @Antjo, if they end up getting banned there's probably a reason, that being someone from the community, being a staff or not have advertised to people from here, so to ensure that it doesn't continue they just ban staff from the other server, and then they can just appeal again when and if they decide to leave their position, it's pretty simple and i feel it's pretty fair aswell considering RPUK being one of the bigger rp community's there is

• Facepalm
Reactions: Ji
@Antjo it’s been brought to my attention by a mutual member that you are infact an admin at one of the servers.

Now I know of that it does make your post rather odd, and some might say stirring up shit and approached quite badly seeing your position.

However I like to see the good in people so ignoring the way you approached this today it only leads me to believe you or one of your colleagues care about this community and have a genuine wish to play here.

Like I mentioned above our appeals are open or If you wish to discuss your concern with Roleplay UK, I am available to members this week on teamspeak after 7pm.

Back