What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Restrict weapons being stolen off police officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lube

Brief Summary:

What reality would you see criminals coming against a full ARVs with 2+ fully armed police officers attempting to steal their firearms yet this is something that I have seen first hadn multiple times. From talking to various officers, having a firearm, doesn't really make you more of a threat, but more of a target as your weapon, if stolen, can sell for hundreds of thousands of pounds. Why do a bank heist 6+ times when you can get a similar income robbing a police officer.

Detailed Suggestion:

As a frontline sergeant, I only carry a combat pistol, a taser and an ASP yet countless times I have been robbed of my weapons and there is little to nothing you can do, you need to value your life and give over your weapons or get shot. Particularly when your on with little to or no backup. Even when you are on with multiple supporting officers who are in close proximity, there is only so much you can do to stall the situation before you get shot.

It's just annoying in my opinion when you are in the middle of an RP situation that has been ongoing for so long and all of a sudden a bunch of random gangster come in and ruin it. I tried to find any record of a police officer in the UK having a weapon stolen but I couldn't find anything. Armed officers are seen as a threat not a target and I feel like that's what it should be on the server. There are more than enough weapons and ways to get weapons on the streets and the police already have the odds highly stacked up against them. I understand we are starting to get the resources and the technology we need to help combat this but we are still severely outnumbered. 

I believe this isn't just for the benefit of the police however as I always feel that the days where everyone ran around with knives and machetes were great, I feel introducing some sort of policy to prevent the large number of stolen firearms going into to the hands of criminals would help to bring back the server to a similar climate.

I don't know if fully banning the robbery of police weapons is the right way to go however but I do feel something should be put in place to reduce these numbers of armed robberies.

I might be talking complete waffle but I would like to see both opinions from other police officers and civilians of the island.

EDIT: An example of how it could possibly be dealt with could be, a temporary ban on stolen firearms. This would reduce the number of firearms in circulation and help develop a more established illegal gun production trade. Once this temporary period is over, the rates of firearm related crime could go down again allowing frontline and traffic officers to no longer need to carry weapons. This means that there are less weapons to then steal stopping the issue occurring again.

The Pros:

- More realistic

- More use of hand held weapons

- Less weapons on the streets could allow regular officers to no longer require to carry a firearm altogether

The Cons:

- Could leave cops in a powerful position where they cannot be harmed

- Banning the stealing of police weapons is probably not the best way of going around it

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

- Yes, hugely however the police are already stretched to a limit and I feel this would help rebalance the server. The police shouldn't end up like in Altis where they are the main dominant force of the island really restricting rebel operations but at least be a threat and be able to dent the armour of large gangs

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an idea,  but if this were to become a rule maybe restrict frontline and traffic to taser trained officers only, this way Trojan Units are the only armed officers, this may also drive down the police being targeted for their weapons.

Just an idea,  but if this were to become a rule maybe restrict frontline and traffic to taser trained officers only, this way Trojan Units are the only armed officers, this may also drive down the police being targeted for their weapons.
You're saying remove pistols from Frontline and Traffic officers?

Personally I think this idea is impractical to enforce as well as open for abuse. We already have the occasional medic taunting with the fact that they can't be killed/taken hostage. This would just be something similar for police.

Aside from that people trying to get your gun will give you some form of interaction and excitement on the server. With most money making opportunities being so heavily nerfed that they aren't worth doing anymore, the player market/auction house is one of the few viable things still left.

I think enforcing this rule would do more harm than good in an already hurting server. Aside from that, your gun is free so you're not losing much except for maybe a bit of pride. Sooner or later the trend of what is cool to have will switch to something else, whether it's a certain type of car or a beret. Just wait out this trend without trying to enforce more rules.

Personally I think this idea is impractical to enforce as well as open for abuse. We already have the occasional medic taunting with the fact that they can't be killed/taken hostage. This would just be something similar for police.

Aside from that people trying to get your gun will give you some form of interaction and excitement on the server. With most money making opportunities being so heavily nerfed that they aren't worth doing anymore, the player market/auction house is one of the few viable things still left.

I think enforcing this rule would do more harm than good in an already hurting server. Aside from that, your gun is free so you're not losing much except for maybe a bit of pride. Sooner or later the trend of what is cool to have will switch to something else, whether it's a certain type of car or a beret. Just wait out this trend without trying to enforce more rules.
you sure you're in the right server section?

We already have the occasional medic taunting with the fact that they can't be killed/taken hostage
Per the GTA ruleset, Medics CAN get killed unlike Arma. (G9.4) If you wish to read the rule

@Joshuai get where your coming from but the whole reason why FL and RT cops were give firearms in the first place was because of the amount of originally handguns and now uzi's in-game. I don't particularly want a rule saying you cant rob cop's full stop but there needs to be some limitations or actually motivation to do it not just for the "LOLS"

You're saying remove pistols from Frontline and Traffic officers?
I may be talking utter rubbish, but if police cannot be robbed i feel it should be balanced so every officer does not carry a firearm, imagine when you cant walk up to a frontline unit and steal his weapon, yet he can arrest you and steal yours.

@JoshuaWhat ? are you saying to make a rule that stops people robbing cops for their gear entirely 
No what im saying is,

If the rule of police officers are unable to be robbed of their weapon comes into force Frontline and Traffic officers should not be armed with a lethal weapon under any circumstances.

I think this because imagine your a criminal, you cant even attempt to take a officers weapon, but the minute you do something illegal officer can arrest you and steal your weapons. 

If police all carry weapons and cannot have them stolen its a big power imbalance on the server, so by restricting the police officers with access to lethal weapons to trojan units you almost dampen that imbalance. 

Im more thinking here to balance the situation if this rule was implemented  

@Joshua100% agreed if a rule was to come into force that says "cop equipment cannot be stolen" I agree that there should be a trade off in the police as you said FL and RTU loose their firearms.

My only issue with losing my gun is yes we solve the issue of being robbed but then cops become more susceptible to being killed, taken hostage and harassed the only way for there to be an equal balance between all factions is if we all play fairly that means gangs becoming less trigger happy, and people learning to RP in the correct way while on the server 

To make this point fair, I will talk from two different points of views from an officer and someone who operate in the grey area of the law. 
To open my opinion no to the idea of weapons being stolen off police officers, I have many cases where I been held at gunpoint and have handover trazers because my life is at harm. Its part of the role of being police in Fivem yes sometimes it shit however sometimes it can be significant. I would love to quote you on the"Less weapons on the streets could allow regular officers to no longer require to carry a firearm altogether" this was tried it failer by a lot this was one reason that we got gun within Frontline and traffic. I don't know if you are new to the server or not however there was a period where Frontline and traffic cop would not go on duty due to people would rob and start shooting to stop being arrested due to people know that there was nothing Frontline and traffic cop could do.  To believe that more people would use handheld weapons is incorrect as well because of most handgun retail from 30k to 60k. This is equal to 3 drug run so no. As Officer, I would love to see gun used increases to single people patrol, however, that my own opinion.

I think there should be a rule change relating to if you are in RP saturation with someone and group or person rob you then yes rules should be brought in to stop this because it can annoy yes. However, at the same time if a person or group have good reason to do it. Let say their gang member is pulled over and Officer being a dick then yes or they offer good RP on why they are getting involved. However, if a group see two armed Officer let said at traffic light yes that fine. At the end of the day for a police officer it all about being smart, ensuring that you don't outnumber and in that case calling for backup. Also, it about RP if someone able to get baseball or knife out behind you or gun when done on then.

As criminal yes I have a gun I believe that most people criminals have guns. It is part of being criminal you try to gain the upper hand. Yes, I think that Officer should be able to be rob with a good reason or good RP. When I play a criminal, I only use my gun in defend manner. Yes, I have rob cop however that should be a reward if you can gain a fair upper hand such as holding a gun to officer head why shouldn't reward. The idea that you have does not work at all. Weapons such as baseball bat or knife are reasonable; however, mostly it right against single officer patrol. Great it example look at my character  James Johnson. I was able to kill one Officer. However, I lose when police back came why I got the jump on the Officer. Your main idea would not balance the sever; in my opinion; it would mostly kill it. 
The primary way that criminal win is the number of people at when robing people. The way that police when is that they have more equipment and assets that can help it take time to get somewhere and mostly like more people. This is like real life if gang want to rob someone, everyone will jump the person. In the case of police, if an officer it taking hostage, it may take time for people and assert to get to place; however, it will outnumber any gang. The goal of a criminal is to be in and out. 

I would suggest to staff to disagree with this idea in my opinion, as a community we try it failed it lead to people not playing as officers and many issues within the police. Where people want to join firearm leaving unit with a limit amount of people. Yes, their problems, however, this idea, in my opinion, would destroy playing as Officer. The current meta of server has problems; however, it is the fairest. As a criminal, you need to act smart same as an officer. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back