What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Remove the ability to see names in f5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lube

Brief Summary:

Remove the ability to see names in f5

Detailed Suggestion:

Why do we need this function? I see no benefit at all. The only thing it is used for is meta gaming peoples names.

The Pros:

- Less metagaming

The Cons:

- No idea

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

- Yes, less meta

Could i ask how it could be used to metagame i have a idea that it could be via using the see id's option but this seems quite thedius to be honest.  

Could i ask how it could be used to metagame i have a idea that it could be via using the see id's option but this seems quite thedius to be honest.  
People get ID's, check F5 menu, this is then used to find out their name, in terms of police covert ops, people know a lot of the names and realise it is said officer undercover, for NCA for example people get the name, and look at the NCA channels in Teamspeak.

To further that point, undercover officers who's account name isn't their alias just gets screwed over.

People can clearly see that they are logged in to a name which is different to what they are claiming to be

it is something needed for reporting players breaking rules and causing issues, without this correct me if im wrong staff cannot tell who the person is and things wouldnt get dealt with, if people are using it to metagame then report them, the feature has its importance, if people are abusing it then it isnt the functions problem its the person exploiting the menu to metagame. 

it is something needed for reporting players breaking rules and causing issues, without this correct me if im wrong staff cannot tell who the person is and things wouldnt get dealt with, if people are using it to metagame then report them, the feature has its importance, if people are abusing it then it isnt the functions problem its the person exploiting the menu to metagame. 
If someone is reported with the player's ID, staff can reference that to the time they were on the server and find out who it is, we're not saying to remove the ability to see ID's, just remove the player list in the F5 menu

Yeee very much agree it's a feature that litteraly promotes meta gaming! 

An argument is that it allows for reports to be made easier. But If staff are able to get someone's name and steam Ids from their character number then why give us a list of names

(no clue how player lists and connected players work on staff end if im wrong please correct me and I will ammemd my comment) 

People downvoting this suggestion, you able to explain why?
it has been explained why, its the only way the playerbase can get evidence for reports, if someone is metagaming using such a menu its not the menu that is the problem its the person metagaming, its like arma 3 for example peoples names were above the persons head yet most people had the common dissipline to not use that info in roleplay and if people abused it it would be dealt with. there isnt many ways to catch people breaking rules on 5m so having an ability to check their id and who it was for ooc reports purpose is a more than needed feature

Last edited by a moderator:
its like arma 3 for example peoples names were above the persons head yet most people had the common dissipline to not use that info in roleplay and if people abused it it would be dealt with.
Ecactly! You have picked out a flaw in a tried and tested method! There is an abseured amount of meta gaming on arma because its hard to resist due to there names being LITTERALY ABOVE THERE HEAD and everyone will do it. so if you remove peoples ability to meta gaming it won't happen... 

"if people abused it would be dealt with" not true at all unless someone records them selves meta gaming on accident its near impossible to get 100% confirmation some one is breaking a rule due to the fact it leaves no visual confirmation as the user can just look at number or name above head and go to his mates in team speak oh look its X person. 

it has been explained why, its the only way the playerbase can get evidence for reports, if someone is metagaming using such a menu its not the menu that is the problem its the person metagaming, its like arma 3 for example peoples names were above the persons head yet most people had the common dissipline to not use that info in roleplay and if people abused it it would be dealt with. there isnt many ways to catch people breaking rules on 5m so having an ability to check their id and who it was for ooc reports purpose is a more than needed feature
Like I said in previous comments, this isn't about removing the ability to see player session IDs, just the name that it links to through the F5 menu.

The staff and development team have stated multiple times that though the time that it happened, and the players session ID, they can cross reference and find out the name themself, thus removing the possibility of metagame for the players.

You do not need names in a databse for anything more than metagame. If you want to report then you use their number and the staff can find it to give the ban. Having the menu does nothing good

Can we also have the player has connected in the bottom corner removed aswell 
100% agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back