What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Car Dealerships

Antollyme

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary:

This suggestion is to get a look from not only the outside perspective but inside of car dealerships. This suggestion revolves around how car dealerships are run, how cars are sold and how prices are constructed. 

Detailed Suggestion:

The focus of car dealerships obviously are to sell cars however its been seen that being a car dealer reaps massive rewards and you tend to be one of the richest players on LS due to the profit made off of the deals.

I propose the following, Cars be made purchasable on finance. With finance, players would be obligated to pay x percentage of the cars worth every week. This would mean that if a player was to buy a car for i.e £100,000 it would be within the deal of the dealers and yourself to have to pay a certain amount of the cars worth every week. This gives opportunity for the dealers to make a percentage profit margin buy requiring players to pay little extra. This, I would believe, will give players an incentive to obtain money throughout their time playing and not be obligated to spend hours grinding straight off the bat to pay for a car. I'm also not stating remove the ability to purchase cars straight out but instead have it so when a player does want to buy a car straight out, they have a massive penalty of an additional charge. i.e You buy a car on finance for £100,000 and in the end you end up paying £120,000 but if you buy it straight out you could end up paying £150,000-£170,000 (extreme circumstance but just to get the point across) as we want to encourage players to have a reason to play and obtain money on the server as not to have the current situation where a lot of players state they are bored. 

I also would propose a cap on how many people can work at a car dealership. I am not including those who simply get paid for collecting cars from the docks but those who physically sell the cars. As stated being in this position gives you a large RP interaction with the server population (if you're good at your job) and a good amount of money. This I feel should mean that If you want to be in this position of buying and selling cars, you should be a very active individual on the server and if the load becomes too much for you, and you become inactive, that position should fall to someone else, so I propose that in each car dealership their should be a max of 3 people employed there including the owner as the owner should be one of the most active as with the addition of finance, it would be their obligation to have to tract down and repo cars that players have not paid for.

Finally I propose that ALL cars be limited on the island. This would mean that i.e if you wanted to buy a Porsche 911 only 5-10 will be available to be sold and depending on the car it could drop to what currently happens of 1-3 or even 1 ever being sold. This would encourage the player market to sell their old unused cars to newer players working their way up through dealers, who would take a portion of the profit. This would help with the uniqueness of each player as not everyone would be seen driving the same car. In addition to this it could be looked into of having to pay a fee each week on storing your car in a public car park which would rack up with the amount of unsure/useless cars you may own and potentially limit how many car slots you have in your home which would be free of charge. 

All of this is in hopes to attempt to help not only the player market but give players reason to play each day to sustain the life they want to live on LS and If the life is a rich man/women/toaster, then you have to work hard to stay there.

If you like the general Idea but aspects of the suggestion you feel wont work/you don't like, please still upvote and say so in the responses so we can see that you feel like change is needed and the best solution can be found.

I propose the following, Cars be made purchasable on finance
🙄  

High end cars should definetely be capped. Otherwise in a year or so everyone is gonna own a top end car rather then there being the odd one about. Values will then increase of these high end cars due to them being rare and and add a lot more to the second hand car market and possibility for auctions in the future to try get your hands on the rare high end vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue with financing - who is going to cover the cost of buying the car in the first place? When there’s a 600k sale the dealers always generally ask for some money upfront / deposit... this enables them to actually “buy” the car to put in stock.

I think the cap on employees is completely fair, but obviously we do have situations where player owned businesses are owned by individuals that very rarely log on as well - the council are looking into ways to deal with this.

Rather than cap the cars, the prices of “top end” cars could rise slightly every so often inline with the growing economy

I also would propose a cap on how many people can work at a car dealership.
Would this also apply to the bike dealership? Currently everyone who gets patched into the lost has access to the dealership. As where the only bike dealership i think we need more people working there than a car dealership. If where capped at say 3 workers there is no way for people to get the bike they want until one comes online, where as with the car dealership they can go to another dealership.

Would this also apply to the bike dealership? Currently everyone who gets patched into the lost has access to the dealership. As where the only bike dealership i think we need more people working there than a car dealership. If where capped at say 3 workers there is no way for people to get the bike they want until one comes online, where as with the car dealership they can go to another dealership.
No this is directed solely at Car dealerships. The Lost as been granted the ability to own/run a business and being a whitelisted faction is more than capable of ensuring its run correctly and unlike car dealerships you are obligated to be a member of the lost be partake in the business.

The issue with financing - who is going to cover the cost of buying the car in the first place? When there’s a 600k sale the dealers always generally ask for some money upfront / deposit... this enables them to actually “buy” the car to put in stock.
Yes 100% this would be an issue with the current system however with the new system the same payment system would apply to dealers. They would have to pay off the cost of importing the cars over a period of time (with out having any extra fees) and if they fail to pay the cost of importing the car over a long period of time it could be a possibility that they can't order any new stock until they've paid off their debt, again, encouraging activity to ensure they keep on top of things. 

I understand this make the job of dealers a bit more intricate and requires more work but that, in my eyes, is a good thing. Keep players busy and they wont be bored and give them a reason to log in.  Police log in because they need to ensure peace is kept. The NHS log in because they need to ensure people a alive/healthy. Why do you log in? Get my point?

Last edited by a moderator:
imo less employees = less competition. Means the ones that are left employed will profit even more

Car dealerships have been scuffed from the get go. Partially due too how there ran and partially due too the issues that there was with them at the start. People just keep all the profit for themself and not actually invest that profit back into the business.

Thats why most of the dealerships have a small amount of cars actually in stock for people too buy. 

100% agree some changes are needed. 

Back