What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Cars on GTAV

The real John Doe

Hello world...

Are there any plans, for adjusting speed of the cars? To more ''realistic'' speed/top speed, of the ''real life'' version of them. Or are they gonna stay the same?- and still with overpowered police cars..

Example: Koenigsegg Regera, top speed 255 mph. Not saying it should go that fast. 🙂 But in the city, it only tops at 150 mph. And the list goes on with a lot of the imported cars.

And with the overpowered police cars, I don't know the speed of them. 🙂  But they look fast AF. But just because it's the police, there should still be cars that are faster. 🙂

I wouldn't mind something like this tbf, I recently bought the BMW F82 M4 Duke for 200k and the thing struggles to hit 120mph, quickest I got was 135mph whilst going downhill in the city.

Car speeds are done on price, rarity, and common sense (dont make van do 180mph). They are adjusted when an issue is seen or players feel a certain car should be faster or slower. i.e Mercedes GT.  Something which I have come to notice is that players expect luxurious cars to be fast and good at racing which is impractical as not only would it mean that rare cars will always be the best cars on the server, but make other cars pointless. Finding the balance is something still being worked on but Koenigsegg Regera is an extremely luxurious car and wouldn't be seen running form the police.  Police cars have been through extensive scrutiny since the server started and finding the balance has been an ongoing battle.  The average police car maxes out at 120mph hence why average cars go around that speed, with the exception of 1 or 2 doing 130-140mph.  Traffic vehicles on average should max at 170mph with the exception of the interceptor to catch the supercars.  This was done as players who only wanted these expensive cars would never be caught by the police which would demotivate the police, stop the police from playing, create a rise in crime with a lack of response making no-one wanting to play.

Back