What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

New beast.

At the moment, I'd wait for the AMD event and benchmarks of their new CPUs to come out. Big Navi might also be interesting. GPU wise, with 3k, I'd consider RTX 3090, which I believe would just fit into the budget

AMD or intel? As AMD are expected to announce new processors this month

Also the new 30 series of Nvidia cards will be in limited supply as they have just launched

Don't neglect some decent monitors or else the new RTX cards would be kinda pointless

Wait till you can buy a 3000 series card..

@Vladic KaSorted then - get yourself an RTX3080, wait until the end of this month(?) for the 4000 series Ryzens and go for one of their high end ones on your budget. Water cool the cpu with something like a "Corsair H100i". 

You'll have to wait about deciding on a Motherboard because I'm not sure whether companies will release some newer stuff to support the new Ryzens - will be worth the wait to make the most out of it for sure.

Power Supply needs to be a 750W+ to run the new RTX cards so I'd recommend a Corsair RM750x
Ram is straight forward, get some Vengeance DDR4 3600 or 3200, the latter being slower if you wanna save a bit. 

Then it's just Storage and a case - mostly personal preference but I'd for sure get a M.2 SATA since most new motherboards will be compatible with them and they're the best storage you can get

I think Im going to try and get the 3080 and build the rest around it. Cheers for the info @Simon

giphy.gif

Well Mr. Ka, that depends which route you want to go down! Given no guidance other than wanting to use a 3080 and a 3k budget, I've built this PC for you, it even leaves you with £761 for more alcohol!

As others have rightfully said, AMD are about to unveil a new GPU that *could* blow the 3080 out of the water... Or it could be a pile o' shite....that could well turn out to be a gamechanger but I've built the below PC with what is out right now in mind.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKs35-_weB1Dqm8o7QtQ2zlegIGybx-P6InAmLXTW2s/edit?usp=sharing

At the moment, I'd wait for the AMD event and benchmarks of their new CPUs to come out. Big Navi might also be interesting. GPU wise, with 3k, I'd consider RTX 3090, which I believe would just fit into the budget
Niko shut up you fake serafin jamal

• Haha
Reactions: M
@Vladic KaSorted then - get yourself an RTX3080, wait until the end of this month(?) for the 4000 series Ryzens and go for one of their high end ones on your budget. Water cool the cpu with something like a "Corsair H100i". 

You'll have to wait about deciding on a Motherboard because I'm not sure whether companies will release some newer stuff to support the new Ryzens - will be worth the wait to make the most out of it for sure.

Power Supply needs to be a 750W+ to run the new RTX cards so I'd recommend a Corsair RM750x
Ram is straight forward, get some Vengeance DDR4 3600 or 3200, the latter being slower if you wanna save a bit. 

Then it's just Storage and a case - mostly personal preference but I'd for sure get a M.2 SATA since most new motherboards will be compatible with them and they're the best storage you can get

It doesnt NEED to be 750w+, 650w is just fine, but when buildning a new one 750w is a go to when aiming for a 3080/3090. And the SSD should not be a m.2 SATA, it should be m.2 NVME and nothing else. Preferably 2 of them, one "smaller" for OS, and a bigger one for the games.

OT, wait til AMD announce their new cpu and gpu(in oct). They might have an ace in their sleeve with the graphics cards since Raja Koduri hasnt had his dirty fingers in the 6000 series.

Well Mr. Ka, that depends which route you want to go down! Given no guidance other than wanting to use a 3080 and a 3k budget, I've built this PC for you, it even leaves you with £761 for more alcohol!

As others have rightfully said, AMD are about to unveil a new GPU that *could* blow the 3080 out of the water... Or it could be a pile o' shite....that could well turn out to be a gamechanger but I've built the below PC with what is out right now in mind.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKs35-_weB1Dqm8o7QtQ2zlegIGybx-P6InAmLXTW2s/edit?usp=sharing
That case doesnt fit all 3080/3090s. Id rather go with lian li pc-o11 dynamic. There is an XL variant aswell

That case doesnt fit all 3080/3090s.
It should fit just fine - the 3080 is 11.2 inches in length (284mm), the case allows for 315mm with the front fan mounted.

It should fit just fine - the 3080 is 11.2 inches in length (284mm), the case allows for 315mm with the front fan mounted.
Uhm no, my 3080 is 323mm which is a MSI rtx 3080 gaming x trio. Dont know which model your looking at but AIBs cards are most often bigger in every direction

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm no, my 3080 is 323mm which is a MSI rtx 3080 gaming x trio. Dont know which model your looking at but AIBs cards are most often bigger in every direction
Fair enough, I'm only going on online stats, haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on one myself yet 😭

Looks like I’ll be waiting until I can get my hands on a 3080 before I can even start this build...

Looks like I’ll be waiting until I can get my hands on a 3080 before I can even start this build...
Are you planning on going for an NVIDIA Founders Edition Card or an Aftermarket (third party) GPU? 

Back