What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Removing items

YoCo

Master Criminal
Just want to get a feel on peoples opinions regarding the matter, I believe the ability to “remove items” (to completely destroy them) should be revamped.

Scenario: we did a continental the other day, managed to secure 100 or so platinum but not enough time to get to buyer. We stored in a house. 

restart happened, before we could even get to the house, Poseidon had broken in and removed all platinum.

the reason for this post is to get an idea on peoples opinions, it takes a lot of effort to steal/store however to remove it is a lot simpler. 

what I would suggest is that illegal items should be taken back to either a pd/Poseidon base to be disposed of.

(before the devs say it lacks detail, I’m really just trying to gauge public opinion before proposing a possible suggestion) 

I see people upvoting and downvoting.

it takes two seconds to give your reasoning. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You've provided examples, but you've made a suggestion rather than a thread regarding it - I feel that the public might be able to offer a lot more of a valid opinion if you were to write out a full suggestion regarding it - You can always edit it if public demand requires to do so - It might just be slightly difficult to entierly reason with it as the thread is very much stripped down to the basics of the problem! 

@Riz as stated in my original post. 

Its a suggestion that I wish to hear more public opinion before offering a solid solution.

so am I to assume you downvoted because it’s a suggestion not a thread and you actually haven’t added anything of value to what’s being discussed? 

so am I to assume you downvoted because it’s a suggestion not a thread and you actually haven’t added anything of value to what’s being discussed? 
I haven't voted at all because there is no suggestion to vote on, plainly put. You've made a suggestion without making an actual suggestion. I'll be happy to vote.. once there is something to vote on. 👍

• Facepalm
Reactions: Ji
@Rizcheers.

I mean I’ve offered a suggestion in my post (if you actually read it) that illegal items can only be removed in designated areas (PD/Poseidon bases). But there’s no point putting forward a definitive suggestion until we have a consensus from the community, no point me saying “do this” if everyone disagrees.

So you could offer an opinion on this if you have one. If not, I don’t really see the point of your post 😂 

So you could offer an opinion on this if you have one. If not, I don’t really see the point of your post
Gladly.

I agree with your point of taking illegal items back to the various bases depending on the faction. I just feel that the thread isn't very well elaborated on with the exact procedures, and still feel that the community (myself included) could absolutely offer a more enhanced input once a proper suggestion has been put up, rather than a draft. I look forward to seeing what the final suggestion will look like. 

• Facepalm
Reactions: Ji
@Rizi think you miss my point.

I am looking for the community to help offer a final suggestion. 

I fully support this, and was going to write one myself at one point. People should not be able to delete everything you grind for in a house without even needing to take it out, with no effort and do it in seconds. Even if you win the fight over your house you often lose everything because it get's deleted. I think you are an ass if you do it in the first place, and this should be done so that people don't just take everything in one swipe.

Why is that template no longer on the post when you make it if you need it on the suggestion?
That template came from the form that would have to be filled in to make a suggestion, when the forums were updated and the forms were lost that one went also. Until that one can be remade which it will be when possible we don't have the template when submitting a suggestion.

@Nomadwhere is the correct subforum to discuss suggestions? 
The altis life subforum is probably best, since you haven't edited your post I assume you don't want it to be an actual suggestion, hence I'm moving it there.

what I would suggest is that illegal items should be taken back to either a pd/Poseidon base to be disposed of.
I support this, allows rebels the chance to get their items back. However, I don't believe the police has the resources to transport items such as gold bars back to police stations. We have Van Transports, but I'm pretty sure the storage is limited and its only available to a few officers (SPG/NCA). 

When I raid houses, I always feel "iffy" about removing items, as I feel its unfair and plus it could be considered combat storing (sort of). So I'm weary to seize stuff, but clearly others aren't as careful about it. 

I agree people shouldnt be able to do it, but if a rebel raids a rebels house where does it go then if it cant be disposed of in a pd or base?

I agree people shouldnt be able to do it, but if a rebel raids a rebels house where does it go then if it cant be disposed of in a pd or base?
When a rebel raids a place it should just require being taken out onto their person and then  Removed(as there will be no remove option if the home has been bolt cutted into) This is less limited  than a faction for the obvious reason of not being a faction, and also will detur  people from doing it as it is extra effort. 

We have Van Transports
NPAS have Tarus which can take take the physical items, and if they do have 500 space like Poseidon and rebel it can go in there. When police raided enforcer compound in the past a few times they use undercover Hurons, so you could also use undercover hemtts etc 

When a rebel raids a place it should just require being taken out onto their person and then  Removed(as there will be no remove option if the home has been bolt cutted into) This is less limited  than a faction for the obvious reason of not being a faction, and also will detur  people from doing it as it is extra effort. 

NPAS have Tarus which can take take the physical items, and if they do have 500 space like Poseidon and rebel it can go in there. When police raided enforcer compound in the past a few times they use undercover Hurons, so you could also use undercover hemtts etc 
Cant put bars in helis

Back