What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Enable JSRS sound mod?

Lothbrok

There is a simple 1 click option to enable an optional mod that brings 0 competetive or tactical advantage to arma but makes it sound so much better, every KOTH server has it, and many other life servers have it aswell. i see no reason that the mod shouldnt be enabled as it brings only good.

im honestly sick of having to restart my game between switching servers because this server doesent have the mod allowed.

im honestly sick of having to restart my game between switching servers because this server doesent have the mod allowed.
RPUK Is a non modded server, and I do not believe ever plan on using mods for the server as it result in fewer people playing the server simply due to the extra effort of installing a mod. This sound mod would offer literally nothing to the server for the extra effort involved player side and would result in very few players online, and even fewer new players joining

I don't really see any long-time benefit that the server would gain from adding this? I'd understand if the server was a MILSIM server but based off the fact it's Altis Life I really don't feel like it would take heed of half of the sounds involved within the mod, also what's the point in adding the mod for one player that wants it when it means that other players who are used to non-modded would then have to install the mod in order to play. 

Last edited by a moderator:
RPUK Is a non modded server, and I do not believe ever plan on using mods for the server as it result in fewer people playing the server simply due to the extra effort of installing a mod. This sound mod would offer literally nothing to the server for the extra effort involved player side and would result in very few players online, and even fewer new players joining
I hope you know that there is an arma option thats called "optional mods" that allows players with surtant files to join BUT doesent require anyone to have those specific files, basicially whitelisitng a mod but not requiring it 😄

non-modded would then have to install the mod in order to play. 
They wouldnt if its made optional (see my reply above i dont wanna type it over and over again )

I hope you know that there is an arma option thats called "optional mods" that allows players with surtant files to join BUT doesent require anyone to have those specific files, basicially whitelisitng a mod but not requiring it 😄

They wouldnt if its made optional (see my reply above i dont wanna type it over and over again )
But that's not the only point, I really don't see how this mod would benefit the server which is one of the things I mentioned, if you're unable to form a reason that it would benefit the server other than your own personal benefit then it's not likely it's going to be added.

Last edited by a moderator:
to form a reason that it would benefit the server
The reeason i suppose is that im not the only player annoyed by this, JSRS is in the top 10 arma 3 mods i think. many players have it and many players are annoyed that they cant use it or have to restart their game. If possible we could have a petition to find out the ammount of people using the mod but from the people i have in my arma friends list ( 50+ ) almost all have JSRS as it adds a whole new dimension to sound and replaces the arma 3 stock sounds which suck.

enabled, the mod itself literally has 0 effect to players who dont want it, they wont even notice any difference. but to players who have JSRS it removes so much hastle 

The reeason i suppose is that im not the only player annoyed by this, JSRS is in the top 10 arma 3 mods i think. many players have it and many players are annoyed that they cant use it or have to restart their game. If possible we could have a petition to find out the ammount of people using the mod but from the people i have in my arma friends list ( 50+ ) almost all have JSRS as it adds a whole new dimension to sound and replaces the arma 3 stock sounds which suck.

enabled, the mod itself literally has 0 effect to players who dont want it, they wont even notice any difference. but to players who have JSRS it removes so much hastle 
At this point, if you're that passionate about having it added it may be worth creating a suggestion under the suggestions tab and there people will be able to either upvote or downvote.

At this point, if you're that passionate about having it added it may be worth creating a suggestion under the suggestions tab and there people will be able to either upvote or downvote.
Done, please upvote it to support my cause!

Back