What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

GTA RP Developer Update

Stealthee

GTA RP Development Team Lead
GTA RP Developer Update

With the Halloween season at an end we are looking at the next large features, updates and changes for the GTA RP server. Some are still in early development, some nearing core complete,  some are feature locked and others are essentially ready/awaiting other systems to come into play.

Re-writing and redoing old/temporary/first-draft Systems

As some already know we have stopped all the vehicle imports whilst the vehicle and shop scripts are rewritten with a better UI, backend and additional features support such as finance, searching, vehicle limits, minimum pricing, warehousing etc... The current plan is to follow Stavik's Suggest of building a warehousing system, and following discussions with other members of the community and other proposed groups, we now have an idea of where we would like to take this system/area of the server. Expect parts of this system to come into play soon.

Police MDT, this was removed in the first week of the servers launch and was never readded. Within the coming updates you will see a police database added which will allow for those longer based scenario roleplay and actual meaningful legal/illegal progression of characters which may affect your character in the future. This has now been taken over by @Archieand @Recon Nine

Housing, headed up by @Mathiasa full backend optimised rewrite of the housing, which will allow us in future to support other aspects of the server, including keys, growing(tm), raiding etc... Some exciting stuff is coming in this area.

Inventory and ammo! The bane of our lives... @Mathiashas rewritten how vehicle inventories work and how the backend of the inventory system works, what this allows us to do is to quickly add new inventory types (examples, gloveboxes, bins, storage cabs etc) without having the system we use now where each script does it slightly differently and we have huge inconsistencies between, player, vehicle, housing, safe, and storage inventories.

Weapon manufacturing, it isn't where we want it. We tried it with benches... It hasn't worked. Trial and error is everything with new systems or first drafts of new systems. Seeing how the benches affected the economy of the server they will be removed in their current form in a future update. Weapon manufacturing has been rewritten by @Archieand is currently in testing, which uses a recipe based system. This will be expanded upon in the gang update (more below)

Drugs... A field which moves every so often and police can't shut down? I don't think so... In the works is a full scale drug manufacturing and distribution system, including but not limited to meth brewing, weed growing and cocaine cutting. Single drug dealer on the beach? Nah... I think you need to get some runners, bag it up and for your street gangs and start selling to the locals... You dare to sell on some other gangs turf? Growing equipment in houses, care for your "tomato plants"? Not only illegal drugs, but prescription drugs, pharmacies and long term drug misuse affects for the NHS!

Vehicles, everyone loves collecting and showing them off. Lets refine our portfolios, get rid of some of the shit and get some quality optimized vehicles in with good backend supporting systems and obtaining methods, whether it be auctions, or the new car dealership imports. We will see better quality police and NHS vehicles being added in the future which will replace some of the current fleet.

Extensive legal job reworks, hunting is in first draft and we are using as trial and error for certain systems, we want to take and expand this job a lot. Whilst we believe there is a place for pick here, drive here, sell here sort of jobs. We do not want to base all jobs off this. So expect more indepth jobs coming really soon which aren't run based.

pIZ5aZI.png

20af31d75f63c6a935e3cabb35c8dbcb-jpg.jpg

Coming Updates

So everything mentioned up until this point has been rewrites or known stuff we will continue to work on. Here is the new stuff. The ideas being drafted, of course please remember everything on this list is subject to change and is still in active discussion.

Sandy and Paleto usage, whilst we love Legion having higher numbers of players make some systems unusable at times. We will continue to optimize systems and scripts to help support the larger numbers at peak times, however a big part of utilising the OneSync technology is we use the map, all of it. Sandy and Paleto will recieve some large updates in the near future, where new businesses will start popping up, new jobs will be focused in these areas to remove pressure from the city.

Gangs... A large scale system for groups and gangs. Some proper roleplay street gangs, running out of areas of the map(Turfs) not shootemup bank robbing gangs. We want street gangs, drug turfs, drug manufacturing, drug running, gang beef, small arms dealing gangs... More will come on this ideas, however I can confirm this is in very active development on a branch and more discussions/information will become available soon.

unknown.png

Banking, finance, investment and debt collectors... All to come. Discussions are actively happening and plans are being drawn up currently to support a full banking and investment structure. From your finance companies to Channel 14's Can't Pay Teddy Will Take It Away. Linked closely to the courts for warrants and small claims. This is all to come, to help you finance your dream home or that car you have always wanted!

Fire service, with the combined hub and combined service model in mind. We believe this is the time RPUK got a proper fire service, dealing with vehicle collisions, building fires, fire inspections, building safety regulations. We don't think it will be for everyone but as a fun aspect of the service which will be fun to write development wise and hopefully someone will find interesting arriving at scenarios along side the police and NHS to deal with various roleplay scenes. Assets for this have started being looked at and implemented on development branches.

Transport services, from airports, bus services to the underground train network. This is something we want fully working in the future to allow for new jobs, scenarios, and methods of travel around the island. This will hopefully integrate into pre established services such as a rewrite of the taxi and meter job scripts. To a transport police and civil transport enforcement roles.

I have been asked to add this in by @Hawaiias he seems to love boats. Coming soon TM in the next update you will have the ability to purchase boats at a boat shop and be able to store them in a boat garage. Did I say boat enough @Hawaii?

Community suggestions, a constant within the development team. We will always be reviewing, commenting, reading, and implementing community suggestions. If you vote up and it gets a majority vote or is good for the server/community, we will work on it whether we personally like it or not (and it doesn't conflict with a future update or change)

png.png

With each update and new scripts we try new stuff, some will work, some wont. We are always looking for feedback from the players using the stuff we build. Something we strongly believe in is that we do not want to hold your hands to come up with scenarios, we will give and make you the tools in order to come up with interesting and prolonged scenarios/stories. Seasonal and regular updates is something we are determined to keep up with. With the most recent Halloween update being the first of many, we tried some stuff which worked, some stuff didn't work. Now we know! But we will never know until we try, what I don't want to see on the server is a negative attitude towards uhh I didn't get XYZ this update, we didn't get this, this is still broke... Ughh, nothing to do... Everyone has off days I get that and we appreciate constructive criticism but if you are just here moaning for the sake of moaning, in the most polite way (because despite popular belief I'm not that horrible... usually...) fuck off, or create a scenario which you and others will enjoy, contribute, get on the forums and get the ideas rolling, apply for other roles.

To bring everyone up to date on latest discussions between development and the staffing team, as you may have noticed we are a bit more involved than previous teams, we develop a bit different and we communicate to the community, factions/groups and staffing quite a bit more. Over the last update or so we have seen a shift in mentality towards new players. Remember that these new players yes some may be there to troll and the staffing team will deal with those. However those new player hanging around and trying to roleplay or chat, seem to be getting aggressive attitudes back, being told to piss off etc when they are just trying to chat and get involved, from the players who have been here a long time, we expect better. Get the new players involved, if you are going to hang around the central point of the city, start acting civil or we will move you on, it isn't a good face for the community. Adding on to this the "cousin" roleplay stops today. "Is your cousin around" "oh my Police cousin told me"... Anyone found doing this will be dealt with accordingly. Learn and respect character separation...

I came on board to the GTA team in November time, taking over from MrKraken having some months off here and there to play Rust with Wilco before the servers launch. From just lonely sole developers me and TBJ working on it until the still hours of the morning, to now having one of the best teams capable of producing some extremely high quality stuff given time. Everything takes time and irl must come first, for everyone. Despite popular belief, EVERY single developer on the GTA RP team actively plays the server, in all different roles and aspects; the important thing to remember is that we are building something which we want to play as well as see the community enjoy.

We have a load more in discussion and in the works outside of this list, however these are the ones which came to mind or are in the "near complete" stages/worth mentioning as I have seen it discussed in the last week or so.

Regards

GTA RP Development Team

Lead @Stealthee

Scripting @TinyBigJacko@Dan B@Archie@Mathias@Hawaii

Assets (GFX, Mapping, Interiors, Props, Models, Vehicles) @Mike Polo@DELETER@Antollyme@Santo@Loyalty

Systems Team @Ciaran@Recon Nine

No one is restricted within the team to what they do, if they want to learn something else or do something else they are free to do what they want, however everyone seems to have fallen into what they like focusing on, but if it says assets doesn't mean they never touch scripting etc... It is just what they spend most time doing. I personally writing as a development lead love the team we have, we have all bases covered, and I appreciate every minute the development team puts in. We aren't paid and we do it for the love of the community or the love of the project, if we didn't we wouldn't be here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire service, with the combined hub and combined service model in mind. We believe this is the time RPUK got a proper fire service, dealing with vehicle collisions, building fires, fire inspections, building safety regulations. We don't think it will be for everyone but as a fun aspect of the service which will be fun to write development wise and hopefully someone will find interesting arriving at scenarios along side the police and NHS to deal with various roleplay scenes. Assets for this have started being looked at and implemented on development branches.
giphy.gif

Drugs... A field which moves every so often and police can't shut down? I don't think so... In the works is a fullscale drug manufacturing and distribution system, including but not limited to meth brewing, weed growing and cocaine cutting. Single drug dealer on the beach? Nah... I think you need to get some runners, bag it up and for your street gangs and start selling to the locals... You dare to sell on some other gangs turf? Growing equipment in houses, care for your "tomato plants"?
200.gif

Gangs... A large scale system for groups and gangs. Some proper roleplay street gangs, running out of areas of the map(Turfs) not shootemup bank robbing gangs. We want street gangs, drug turfs, drug manufacturing, drug running, gang beef, small arms dealing gangs... More will come on this ideas, however I can confirm this is in very active development on a branch and more discussions/information will become available soon.

pogchamp.png

Adding on to this the "cousin" roleplay stops today. "Is your cousin around" "oh my Police cousin told me"... Anyone found doing this will be dealt with accordingly. Learn and respect character seperation...
About time! Way too many people seem to enjoy the cousin roleplay. No other game, server or real life have I heard people talk about their cousins so much like they do on here.

Excited to see where development takes FiveM further.

Cannot wait for the fire service! Been eagerly waiting for that since the beginning!! 😄

well i mean that's what boats are for isn't it?

i think stealthee can sort that out for ya

Back