What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Make firearms (primarily pistols) more accessable to players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaii

Banned
I know some people will see the title and go big nono, but I think it's a good idea to at least have the discussion so I know what the stance is on it & motivations. Should also note it's my opinion and not everyone is gonna agree, that's just how it is. But I do know many people feel the same.

I've been playing on the server for a couple of months now without joining a gang and there's something that is really annoying to deal with, which is that (as the title says) firearms are not really accessable to normal players. It becomes and issue when you have gang members or whatever who all got guns, and unless you're with them or in contact with them there's no real way to get your hands on firearms.

So you have this issue where no player except gang members and their contacts get their hands on firearms (except cops). If it doesn't sound alarming already then there's this thing on this server that it feels sometimes a lot of people are just trigger happy. It's very easy to get people wanna kill you and with nothing to protect with it's really annoying since you can't do anything back, you're powerless.

Situation on the server right now is that you cannot fuck with these people, there's no way you gonna ever pose a threat to them unless you join a gang, which isn't my cup of tea. I don't want a firearm to kill everyone I see, but I do want one for my own protection, which the server lacks for a portion of the players.

Y'all probably gonna think "oh no it's gonna cause way too much chaos in the city". but I belive not having a firearm store (or something EASIER than the weapon manufacturing we have now) in my opinion is worse since it gives so much power to those who can get a hold of them.

Our ARMA server has public firearm stores, and I don't recall there being an issue with "too many guns" or other issues with guns in general. Many had firearms and people used them for self defence. It was well balanced, but our FiveM server just isn't.

The administration team probably removed the firearm store since they thought it's gonna drop the violence on the server, but I don't think it really did, and even if it does it ruins a balance on the server. The hidden drug system where you gotta ask people isn't gonna work for gun manufacturing, and wont ever. Knowing / not knowing drug locations is just a way to make money, but knowing how to craft firearms is required for self defense. No self defence is not fun, but instead extremly fustrating at times. The only defence players have is driving away from people with guns, and then you'll meet them later and they'll just pull up a pistol and you can't do shit but comply.

So yea it's a bit of a rant. People who are in gangs, who do easily get firearms obviously cant relate, and will probably say "you dont need a gun". Players who know how to craft will probably say "it's not easy to manufacture". But it's just a matter of time for these people (usally large gangs with many members) to gather what they need - what about everyone else who don't know anything?

Or maybe we need the bounty system we had in ARMA that gave you a bounty when you killed a player, so people wont do it with no consequence?

Theres too many guns - everyone and their nan has a gun. Why would we need more. This server was so much more fun when the culture was more london-y, everyone had a knife etc and it was actually a surprise to see a gun. An uzi was un-heard of really... 29k for an uzi when it takes 3 hours to make 12k??? Was 10000x more fun then, people valued their life and their guns. Making them more accessible will only result in less rp and increasing the shooty shooty culture. 

My biggest issue personally inst its too hard to get a hold of them but more of a there is little to no way to get rid of them, Other then a cop arresting you and confiscating it from you chances are you aren't going to lose the gun

It used to be good when there was a least a little effort to get guns after the Black market vanished  and the tables were introduced and those that didn't have the money or paitence to grind out the materials would have to go to a gang to find out how to get one, and also when tom jones would be slinging them for dirt cheap in legion or twitter he would face the consequence of having the suppliers come after him for ruining the market

if it was to be the gun store selling a pistol of some sort it would need effort to get one, not just half hour of food runs and boom you have a pistol

What if, this is something the council and jugde system can help out with.
You could apply for a firearms license. The council/jugdes/IOPC/something handles that application. Maybe ya need the police to do a background check?
Obviously you`d loose that license pretty quick if ya were stupid with it. (say shoot someone without cause, threaten someone with murder? wave it around in legion? etc..)
It wouldnt be something everyone had, nor would it be something knowned criminals would have. But the legit people could be allowed to have a pistol (not a .50, but something simple and standard).

Our ARMA server has public firearm stores, and I don't recall there being an issue with "too many guns" or other issues with guns in general.
In the least offensive way, have you played on our arma server recently? A significant chunk of players now only go on to play in the redzones, while this isn't a bad thing for server numbers it does nothing for roleplay. 

The culture on our GTA RP server is completely different and I don't really think it's comparable economy, roleplay or effort wise to our Arma server. Also worth remembering the main money dump is cars not guns.

Our ARMA server has public firearm stores, and I don't recall there being an issue with "too many guns" or other issues with guns in general. Many had firearms and people used them for self defence. It was well balanced, but our FiveM server just isn't.
You played arma? - I could probs get more  rp in one sit on FiveM than I've had in the last year on the arma server

Last edited by a moderator:
So you have this issue where no player except gang members and their contacts get their hands on firearms (except cops). If it doesn't sound alarming already then there's this thing on this server that it feels sometimes a lot of people are just trigger happy. It's very easy to get people wanna kill you and with nothing to protect with it's really annoying since you can't do anything back, you're powerless.

Situation on the server right now is that you cannot fuck with these people, there's no way you gonna ever pose a threat to them unless you join a gang, which isn't my cup of tea. I don't want a firearm to kill everyone I see, but I do want one for my own protection, which the server lacks for a portion of the players.
People don't die. 
That's why people are trigger happy. There's no fear. 
Even if you had firearms, you wouldn't be a threat to these people, because everyone is immortal if you wait long enough. 

Or maybe we need the bounty system we had in ARMA that gave you a bounty when you killed a player, so people wont do it with no consequence?
my personal view on thhe objective of the fivem server is it is different to arma, people shouldnt be killing people for the sakes of it in general, but due to the ammount of guns its built up that mindset of killing without consiquences, adding more guns will only worsen that issue. i remember having well drawn out rp stories and beef back in the early days would result in a back and forth beef between 2 people or gangs to which the most you would see used was a knife or a gun very rarely being used most of the time as just a scare tactic. now its just people pulling guns to shoot oneanother.

#bringbackknifecrime

So to sum up the replies making fun of the thread: the current system is perfect, theres too many guns, no one dies, no balance issue at all.

So to sum up the replies making fun of the thread: the current system is perfect, theres too many guns, no one dies, no balance issue at all.
I'm not making fun of your thread Hawaii. I'm just suggesting that there are fundamental issues that are outside of the guns themselves that have caused behaviours that are unhelpful to newer and establishing players. 

Edit: 
So i thought i'd add something. 
If you went to a hospital for treatment because y'know Accident and Emergency with a firearm on your person and/or a gunshot wound. They'd call the police. So maybe no one dies, but if you get revived on the hospital bed your weapons get stripped. 
Then people can continue to not die and therefore avoid character death issues with roleplay stories, but they lose something. 

The alternative is then the backalley doctor, who will actually get used because I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that people would rather pay £20/30k whatever it is for a chance to keep their weapons and there's still a chance they could lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well on ARMA all cops except those that joined the day before have a rifle. Guns have never provided good roleplay ever and i do belive that if guns are easily accessible then the standard of RP will go down. May i also add in that carrying pistols are illegal regardless of how many license's you have?

God please no. that system is horrible, when you commit a crime you must be smart about it and hide if not the police will catch you. Crime should require an investigation and not some automated system that pops you on a list. 

Thank you for your suggestion this topic has brought up a lot to be discussed and thought about the future of the server unfortunately this approach wont be taken due to public decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back