What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - Daedalus2 - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus2

Unban Appeal for Daedalus2 

In-game Name: Travis Merryweather

Server: Altis Life

Steam ID: 76561198000416548

The date you got banned: 11/11/20

Member of the team that banned you: Auto Chat mod I think

Reason given for your ban: 1.2 Chat

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: homophobic slur picked up by automod and understandably the assumption is that anyone using the word publicly is expressing homophobia or otherwise intending to be offensive to strangers.

Why should we unban you ?: I was actually having a private conversation in group chat with one other person, and another who was on discord. I was typing due to being unable to use my mic at present and merely typing in group chat while this was the case. My friend started relaying what i was saying over VC so I typed that as a complete U-turn on the tone of the conversation and to see if he'd say it.
Naturally the rest of the conversation isn't in server logs but suffice to say i wasn't expressing any held offensive views or anything like that, just shitposting to a mate in what I thought was a space in the arma 3 client that has zero impact on other members in the server, though now I see offensive language is a no go for group chat as well, so I'll keep that out of there.
I can get the people I was talking with to come forward if it's worth anything.
Cheers.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
So these were your chat logs.

12:37 AM
(Group) Travis Merryweather: And what does bread bring smh

12:38 AM
(Group) Travis Merryweather: Tell him all he brings is his gayness

(Group) Travis Merryweather: eyy

(Group) Travis Merryweather: Yeah exactly

(Group) Travis Merryweather: fucking faggot

Private chat or not, do you think it's okay to speak to anyone like that? If that is how you speak to mate, how would you address someone who you dislike or someone that has annoyed you during a situation? How can we trust that you will not use any sort of language like this again?

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

When talking to people with whom I've not already established such shitposting as acceptable private speech, I'd likely never say such thngs. I'm not sure how far back your logs save, as I play fairly infrequently but have logged a considerable time over the years, and have never ran afoul of any toxic behaviour rulings (To my knowledge). After all, if I actually held derision towards the guy I'd probably not be friends with him. 

I'm usually the last guy to get angry and start name calling in side chat or something silly, throwing their toys out of the pram. 

shitposting as acceptable private speech
Such speech shouldn't really be said to anybody, it's immature and idiotic to do. Have you ever thought about your "mates" if they find it funny being called such things? 

Considering they refer to themselves as such and give as good as they get, probably. Like I described, its a social contract thing. 

I apologise for causing the situation, there was no intention to publicly post that stuff; it was a private conversation that had no part in the server or anyone in it - nor was harassment taking place. 

I understand that nothing in the arma client is actually private and will naturally behave as such going forward.

Right then, make sure you don't say anything like that again on our server.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back