What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Rockstar Editor

Lube

Right, pulling my hair out over this for a week or so now.

Before I start, I don't have any shaders / visual mods installed, I have enough space on my SDD etc... I even reinstalled GTA from scratch. Still not working.

I can record clips and actually open the editor but when I actually drag clips onto the editor and double click to edit it, it loads for a couple of seconds and then just crashes. 

The crash message is:

image.png

I can paste the full crash report if needed.

Appreciate any help,

Lube

Last edited by a moderator:
fivem clips dont work properly in the base gta editor, and the editor you can use through the fivem launcher is buggy as funk it took me close to 2/3 hours to do this 20 second clip 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

22 minutes ago, Dentibus said:

fivem clips dont work properly in the base gta editor, and the editor you can use through the fivem launcher is buggy as funk it took me close to 2/3 hours to do this 20 second clip 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Oh wow, I saw some videos of people using the in-game editor and I didn't realise it was done through the FiveM launcher. They must have used external plugins to get that working. I will give that a try thanks.

EDIT: Got it working, cheers for the help, time to get filming

Last edited by a moderator:
FiveM Editor is frustratingly buggy, will crash on you multiple times and leave you feeling hopeless for about a month until your ready to try again. 

Tips: 
Edit and export 1 clip at a time
Edit > save > restart fivem > export > cross fingers - do this for each induviual clip
Dont make the clips too long
Record and then edit as soon as possible, most of the time if there has been a server update since recording it will corrupt when you edit/export 

Best of luck, gentle reminder Richards Majestic are always looking for new talented induviduals to help with productions 😉 

FiveM Editor is frustratingly buggy, will crash on you multiple times and leave you feeling hopeless for about a month until your ready to try again. 

Tips: 
Edit and export 1 clip at a time
Edit > save > restart fivem > export > cross fingers - do this for each induviual clip
Dont make the clips too long
Record and then edit as soon as possible, most of the time if there has been a server update since recording it will corrupt when you edit/export 

Best of luck, gentle reminder Richards Majestic are always looking for new talented induviduals to help with productions 😉 
Cheers, worked that out tonight unfortunately.

And my portfolio will be out soon.

Back