What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Locked/Unlocked Doors

Lincoln

Raising this as an issue brought upon a report against myself earlier as a misunderstanding. 

I believe doors are based on client side and not server side and is causing issues in the prison and also PD.

Example:

Unlocked Door: Does not open

Locked Door: Opens
But this is not the case for everyone, on some occasions this happens.

If anyone else can add details relating to this please do so. @TikTak can is also a witness to this.

Not sure if devs are aware but I believe when you first load into the server and you are put into combat protection, you can walk through locked doors and this is how people are escaping prison/other locked doors. (Unsure if it is combat protection that allows you to do this or just FiveM rendering everything in as you first join)

Hi, this issue probably has nothing to do with the combat protection since it only alters your player alpha and waits 10 seconds before "friendly fire" turns off.

This is a weird issue for sure, I'll be taking a look at it. We have several issues with our implementation of the door code I belive since the entity IDs change over time, which causes issues where it doesn't "lock" (freeze) the proper entity anymore since its ID changed. There's also issues with the door rotations not syncing, which also needs fixing. Can also cause issues where a door is locked when closed but still open even if it's clocked. This also means that locking doors will automaticly make them close, so cops etc don't have to wait anymore for doors to properly close before they accually lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
This issue seems to be because the entity handles aren't properly used. It's something that will need a fix for sure.

Thanks for the bug report

This issue should already have been resolved

If the issue reappears then please post a new bug report

Moving to Solved

Back