What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Limit Server Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary: Limit the amount of players on the server.

Detailed Suggestion:
When the server goes over 90 players it causes the server to majorly lag ruining RP situations. My suggestion would be to limit the slot numbers to about 85. This still gives us a lot of slots to use while also helping the server stay stable.

The Pros:
Server lag is reduced 
RP situations are not interrupted

The Cons:
Not as many people can join the server.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
No

Maybe if there would be 2 servers then, else -1. Don't really see a difference between playing with 100 players and playing with my internet.

Maybe if there would be 2 servers then, else -1. Don't really see a difference between playing with 100 players and playing with my internet.
2 servers doesn't work. As people will go on the server with less people to do runs and stuff to make money without the chance of police catching them.  And this post is to benefit everyone not just 1 person.

Downvote from me
I'm not sure if this will fix much, it may seem that the numbers are the cause, but I don't think it's the case. We have had a lot of issues with people dropping a lot of mining materials which hits the server hard, plus npc vehicles stacking up, currently working on some solutions for that. We can quite clearly see the server get worse and worse with time after it is restarted, I think limiting server numbers won't fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:
at the moment the server dies when exceeding 100 people, it is ideal that we have a lot of people but it is impractical unfortunately. not to mention when there are 100+ people each driving a vehicle, some dropping items here and there, not cleaning up cars they have out/stolen from locals. as much as having alot of people is good for the server its just way to laggy and unstable.

Downvote from me
I'm not sure if this will fix much, it may seem that the numbers are the cause, but I don't think it's the case. We have had a lot of issues with people dropping a lot of mining materials which hits the server hard, plus npc vehicles stacking up, currently working on some solutions for that. We can quite clearly see the server get worse and worse with time after it is restarted, I think limiting server numbers won't fix this.
Fair enough if thats the case. 

It's note a 100% certain that this is the case, but it is likely and I think there is other avenues we can pursue before limitting numbers.

Not a huge fan of limiting the numbers. Would a more regular restart schedule, say every 6/8 hours, be a popular idea? The last couple of nights the server has had to go down at around 10pm anyway due to the stress on it.

Not a huge fan of limiting the numbers. Would a more regular restart schedule, say every 6/8 hours, be a popular idea? The last couple of nights the server has had to go down at around 10pm anyway due to the stress on it.
Gotta agree with Connor imo the more people the funner it gets but its trying to strike the balance between number and lag but i think the restarts would sort it -1

This has been discussed for some time between management, leads, and the various teams.

We don't feel this is a good approach with fully fixed scripts and optimized framework the server will be able to support our current 128 slots, adding to this we likely wont add anymore slots. Each update we add new stuff and there are conflicts we don't anticipate and various bits we break by accident we are only human, last update or so we have broken something and this has majorly affected server stability. We are working hard to resolve the issue asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back