What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - Maxim - Teamspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim

Most Controversial Member of RPUK
Unban Appeal for Maxim 

In-game Name: MaXiM

Server: Teamspeak

Steam ID: 76561198093129337

The date you got banned: 11/22/20

Member of the team that banned you: Nomad

Reason given for your ban: C1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: A video was used in a report in which i was singing a song that had the N word in it.

Why should we unban you ?: Well, I believe in the context that I was not offensive towards anyone at the time, the channel I was in had people that I am close with and that I know don't mind me saying what I said, however I fully acknowledge that the word that was used is not acceptable in any form or in any context on RPUK, I have never received a ban or even a complaint for anything to do with racism or discrimination and this is simply a unfortunate event where I happened to say something that was inappropriate without thinking, I have never said anything discriminative to anyone ingame or on teamspeak to anyone before. I apologise to anyone offended by the video on the report, and I won't make this kind of slip up again.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Songs indeed contain all sorts of content, some that should have "radio edits" in certain environments like for example changing the word... Infact doing that can be creative and quite funny and very acceptable.

Now the admin might have a different story, maybe you highlighted this word over the others or sang a song that contained the word multiple times, What was the song ? 

Funny story, I do remember putting limp bizkit - the fuck song on the PA system at school many moons ago and well that didn't go down to well but i certainly didn't get 1.6d from school.

If this is a case of singing a song... you failed to replace the word, then hopefully a lesson can be learnt to apply radio edits in future on TS.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I approached this giving you the benefit of the doubt, but since I have viewed the video where you are singing in the background... I say singing very loosely but you wont get banned here for your singing skills.

This is the full song word for word, your exact lyrics over a 4 second performance.

ah nah  N****rs on me and wah wah wah wah 
I googled this and cannot seem to find the song and Shazam didn't seem to help much, To me just like the member of staff that issued the ban this sounds like an excuse just to say the N word

I know my singing is terrible.

It was a single line from a song that I thought was catchy that I've probably heard from tiktok or something. I'm slurring the line as you should be able to hear, because I'm simply mumbling it to myself under my breath as I'm driving, I don't know the name of the song. Don't want to seem cheeky here, but why would I need an excuse to say the n word? If i was a racist person I'd be gone from the community already, I didn't say it for clout or to act like a bigman, I was in a channel with 4 mates, it is what it is, me mumbling a lyric that contains the n word. I acknowledge I've done wrong, saying what I said isn't acceptable, even in this context where (imo) nobody was offended and no damage was done, however it was honestly nothing more than what I've presented it as.

Put yourself in the shoes of a member of staff for a moment, The only clear word you said was the N word the rest was mumbled rubbish

It doesn't matter who's in the room or what room you are in or if they enjoyed your singing or not, apply a radio edit in future its quite simple to do, I am pretty sure you are aware of the rules and if you was not then this is your only warning, next time there wont be a teamspeak unban.

What doesn't help is people then going in game after this correct TS ban top say the whole boring free up bullshit including yourself with the high quality username of HashtagFreeMaXiM Its a waste of time, a childish reaction, it helps no one and what's a TS ban got to do with in game roleplay ?

We then get more people putting this in status updates on the forum resulting in more rule breaks, So what could of been a simple unban turns into me questioning if I should just move a set of people on.

On this occasion I wont, we will issue an unban but in future I wont tolerate a made up song of mumbled words in order  to say the N word and throwing toys out prams when we rightly issue a ban.

I wont tolerate wasting this community's staff teams time.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back