What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

House raids (player online)

Yello

Richest man on FiveM
At the moment, house raids can be done regardless of if the player is online or not. It seems a bit silly that Police and NCA are able to raid a house without the person being about, the least someone deserves is to be able to at least try to defend their house. If they aren’t online and the houses are raided it is no real fun for either parties involved, sort of like in rust where you’d log on and the kid next door robbed all ur shit whilst you were asleep 

I know cops and nca probably won't like this comment but you really do need to take into consideration how long it takes someone to grind the money for something like an uzi or a shotgun & also just how much stuff people keep in their houses, someone could be planning to hit the pacific bank then he gets seen with a gun and bang there goes what could be 2/3 weeks work and a possible great RP scenario/story just so that you win. I can understand raiding people who rob cops frequently as they're the people that you're spending your budget on when buying guns etc, but please just try and build up more evidence or create a better RP Story with someone rather than just raiding houses constantly. In my opinion this type of relentless house raiding will slowly kill off the amount of civilians that actually want to do crimes and give the cops something to do, just because they're going to be way to scared to loose large amounts of money that they have perhaps spent to make everyone in a situation have a good time. Please just stop raiding people for petty shit and make it for those that have actually caused alarm and distress to people & or people that just target the police to rob them constantly, those sort of raids to me are totally justified you're claiming back what is rightfully yours. 

This is in my experience of being raided too, i logged into the server to 7 trojan cars around me demanding me to come peacefully because i have an active warrant for my arrest. They then proceed to tell me that I was raided because i discharched a firearm in the street 3 times and i was endangering the public by doing so fair enough i did do that however, I had a totally clean record from the day i joined the server until the day that warrant & my house raid was issued, don't you think that's a bit far, raiding my house because ive done 1 crime?  and when they're taking totally legal things, a musket i have a license for, someone even took my repair kits a friend of mine lost a couple hundred gold but then you left his iron too, and best of all i wasn't even online for the raid which in my opinion is the worst part like Felix has said, Everyone should have a chance to defend the house or themselves against the raid. We should have to be arrested & present to allow them into the house & search cars just in-case we're storing anything there, this would make it way more fun for both parties with a lot more RP involved rather than just asking a judge to give a warrant presenting whatever little amount or large amount of evidence they have and that being the whole thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to work last night, and got raided. Found out through discord and was expecting to have a message or something in game when I logged on this morning, but got nothing. If I hadn't been told through discord, I would probably have a comp. request up atm. 

House raiding is something that's been in the works for an extremely long time and has been thought through thoroughly.  It was made for a players house to be raided online as well as offline as the logistics of playing on a un-whitelisted server brings issues of player abusing time zones and just not logging in with knowledge that they might or will be raided.  I can full understand the points made however, the future holds more things to come. The idea of warehouses etc where you can, if done correctly can allow you to store items where the police can never know about (unless you're stupid).  I'm unsure of the procedures that authorise a house raid however I have spoken with judges over the matter and the criteria seems to require hardcore evidence for it to go through. Right now I believe police are punishing those very harshly when it comes to doing crime with 0 attempt to be smart about it i.e not concealing your identity and driving your £800,000 car during the crime but those who chose to do crime with 0 attempt to not get caught will always be punished.  It could be looked into to add something to after raids happen to inform the person they have been raided. (Also if things like gold were taken they would be stored under the criminal evidence act if they believed it was taken from a crime so no point question why it happened here, bring them to court!) Also after some questioning about the situation youre referring to Warwick, there was an extreme about of RP behind that raid. NCA staking out your street for hour and hours and watch you do exactly what you did. Doing something stupid never benefits you. And personally I don't like the outlook that's being had of "defending their house",  house raids done in the UK are done usually at ridiculous hours of the morning to stop that exact reason.  Its not like Arma.  Criminals wouldn't have the resources to effectively defend a house raid against 7 armed police officers IRL and it would be suicide to do so on gta. I understand its the idea of fun but it doesn't bring RP to it as character roleplay is what's done on the server. Every action you do effects the lifespan of your character. That might be an unpopular opinion but people need to start playing as a character instead of as an individual.  

I'm unsure of the procedures that authorise a house raid however I have spoken with judges over the matter and the criteria seems to require hardcore evidence for it to go through. 
After some discussion, we have decided to publicise the Approval Process for House Raid Warrants (it was already distributed to Police & NCA).

This outlines the information and evidence we require for warrant applications to be approved. Warrants are currently reviewed by at least two independent judges and more verbal information / justification is sought ingame at the City Hall.

At the moment the owner receives a message on there phone informing them that their intruder alarm has gone off. However we will be looking into adding more security features in the future. Thank you
In terms of development changes around alerting / messaging: I think this would be a good idea and I know we are constantly trying to improve and refine this process in the interest of fairness for civillians. Police / NCA are always held to account for their actions surrounding house raids.

Hope this helps

House raiding is something that's been in the works for an extremely long time and has been thought through thoroughly.  It was made for a players house to be raided online as well as offline as the logistics of playing on a un-whitelisted server brings issues of player abusing time zones and just not logging in with knowledge that they might or will be raided.  I can full understand the points made however, the future holds more things to come. The idea of warehouses etc where you can, if done correctly can allow you to store items where the police can never know about (unless you're stupid).  I'm unsure of the procedures that authorise a house raid however I have spoken with judges over the matter and the criteria seems to require hardcore evidence for it to go through. Right now I believe police are punishing those very harshly when it comes to doing crime with 0 attempt to be smart about it i.e not concealing your identity and driving your £800,000 car during the crime but those who chose to do crime with 0 attempt to not get caught will always be punished.  It could be looked into to add something to after raids happen to inform the person they have been raided. (Also if things like gold were taken they would be stored under the criminal evidence act if they believed it was taken from a crime so no point question why it happened here, bring them to court!) Also after some questioning about the situation youre referring to Warwick, there was an extreme about of RP behind that raid. NCA staking out your street for hour and hours and watch you do exactly what you did. Doing something stupid never benefits you. And personally I don't like the outlook that's being had of "defending their house",  house raids done in the UK are done usually at ridiculous hours of the morning to stop that exact reason.  Its not like Arma.  Criminals wouldn't have the resources to effectively defend a house raid against 7 armed police officers IRL and it would be suicide to do so on gta. I understand its the idea of fun but it doesn't bring RP to it as character roleplay is what's done on the server. Every action you do effects the lifespan of your character. That might be an unpopular opinion but people need to start playing as a character instead of as an individual.  
Thanks for the reply and feedback on my particular raid however I have to accept I was seen with a firearm, I have issues with them just being thrown around willy nilly currently, I understand they stalked my house, I discharged a fire arm in the street I accept that. I have never been in trouble with the police, 1 firearm issue should not be warranted with a house raid that in my opinion is ludacris you have to remember this is a game loosing things every day because someone saw you with a gun in my opinion is just stupid. 

Like I mentioned in my reply above, I'd just like to see raids happening less frequently, the "Defending your house" being like Arma comment fair enough I get it but we should still have to be present for them to raid it, ive been apart of it on other FiveM servers in the past & it always makes for a better experience for everyone involved, right now it feels like they're just raiding everyone because they can and to me that's silly whether they're in the city or not. Currently you barely see any police around unless they have a house raid to do that's when you'll have 20+ police active and every single one of them will be present at the raid just because they can be it just comes across like the police always have to win. 

Raiding houses should always be a last resort something to remove potential means of re-offending for those who are known for it, people work hard for their things and raiding because they have seen you with 1 weapon or because you're running down the street having previously robbed a bank (And served 12 years for said bank) is stupid, it's just a powerplay that shouldn't be a thing. 

Also in England house raids aren't always held during the night or at silly hours of the morning ive seen many raids in real life and 95% of them were during the day,  they raid when they know you're home just like they should in Los Santos not when you're offline. 

After some discussion, we have decided to publicise the Approval Process for House Raid Warrants (it was already distributed to Police & NCA).

This outlines the information and evidence we require for warrant applications to be approved. Warrants are currently reviewed by at least two independent judges and more verbal information / justification is sought ingame at the City Hall.

In terms of development changes around alerting / messaging: I think this would be a good idea and I know we are constantly trying to improve and refine this process in the interest of fairness for civillians. Police / NCA are always held to account for their actions surrounding house raids.

Hope this helps
Thanks for releasing it Norman, ill make sure I sit and have a read through it now. 

i know they are new and it will all get ironed out but im not a fan of offline raiding, its all well and good to say IRL they do it this way, but i only see the  IRL argument thrown out when it suits the people that benefit from it and not the other side

I was watching a raid the other day while admin camming and the guy was online on the other side of the city buying a car and im going to assume clueless to the fact that an army of  armed coppers and nca all bull rushed his house or played tetris with cement blockades blocking off his his street 

I'm all for punishing criminals who put no effort into hiding from the fact they do crime but for something as serious as a house raid if it was happening to me i would expect to be at the raid in cuffs and not find out through out of game ways

I was watching a raid the other day while admin camming and the guy was online on the other side of the city buying a car and im going to assume clueless to the fact that an army of  armed coppers and nca all bull rushed his house or played tetris with cement blockades blocking off his his street 
They do get a notification when they are online though.

Depends how you look at it.

If you want realism, Section 18 of PACE covers search warrants, which can be obtained if someone commits an indictable defence or for other reasons. Realistically, there are times when S18's are done and no-one's home or when the suspect is asleep.

What I'd recommend instead is a safe deposit box at specific banks. Makes things more tedious for police as we have to then go about getting records of which bank you're at, where the bank is, the safe deposit box reference and such.

I don't believe this needs to be done, thank you for the suggestion.

Back