What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Arma 3 stuttering/freezing

Simon Ross

Šîmøñ Rø$š
So recently my game has been stuttering a lot, both when I push/fighting but also just when I fly around.  My FPS is constantly at 40-50fps for the most part, until it stutters and freezes for up to 10 seconds sometimes, before then playing fine again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to sort this out, as it is becoming a massive pain and happens way to regularly.

I have an Ryzen 2600x CPU (3.6GHZ 6 core) and RX580 GPU with 2666MHZ 16GB ram. I also run Arma on an SSD

Here are my video settings:

PpkxPFn.jpg

xH6y9Yo.jpg

Attached are some clips of what it looks like when it is happening too. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you have a second monitor that you can run task manager on whilst playing? If you can have task manager open on the performance tab, wait for the fps to drop and check task manger to see if anything drastic is happening, this should help narrow down where the problem is. 

Make sure you are updating drivers etc and all the normal, exception to this would be if this problem has only started after you have updated drivers then I would suggest reverting back to previous driver to see if it helps. 

Make sure you are updating drivers etc and all the normal, exception to this would be if this problem has only started after you have updated drivers then I would suggest reverting back to previous driver to see if it helps. 
It has been a problem for a good few months now, and I generally keep my GPU drivers alongside windows etc up to date. I know I updated my GPU drivers about a week ago. 

Do you have a second monitor that you can run task manager on whilst playing?
I will do this and see what happens to try and narrow it down . Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, Simon Ross said:

So recently my game has been stuttering a lot, both when I push/fighting but also just when I fly around.  My FPS is constantly at 40-50fps for the most part, until it stutters and freezes for up to 10 seconds sometimes, before then playing fine again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to sort this out, as it is becoming a massive pain and happens way to regularly.

I have an Ryzen 2600x CPU (3.6GHZ 6 core) and RX580 GPU with 2666MHZ 16GB ram. I also run Arma on an SSD

Here are my video settings:

Attached are some clips of what it looks like when it is happening too. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Have you tried modifying your settings in relive? It could be something as stupid as running a bitrate in the recording that it doesn't like? 

I get this too, very annoying in some situations

Back