What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Profile Picture File size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim

Most Controversial Member of RPUK
So the max file size for Profile pictures has been reduced in the forum update, this is  huge shame since you now can't have most GIF's as profile pictures (or profile GIF's in this case) due to their file size being typically larger and than 1MB is this something we can revert or change? Gave people profiles a little more personality imo

Our main homepage had a page load of 5mb to sometimes 8mb before the reduction, this not only effects user experience but it costs us page speed which is one of googles focus points when it comes to ranking factors.

We have gone from a score of 44 to 83 by not only putting limitations in place but changing the dedicated server that now only hosts our website (this was a major change) to resizing many images and removing some redundant css and its likely it will get better more digging takes place.

Its likely that profile photo gifs will be disabled completely as I spend more time on this.

Your profile page allows gifs in the background and on the cover, and I believe that the community will not miss flickering of eyes or blowing of lips over a faster experience.

Mine is a gif 👀 @Maxim
94d0b6396248c326668f0e749d2f2f02.png

Can you allow us to set 8k raw footage as our profile pics please? 😂

I did compress the GIF quite a bit

Why is it interesting tho? Because I compressed it to comply with the new file size?
It doesn't look that compressed, and since you're a dev I assumed you might have had a different limit, apologies.

as you can see, mine looks like shit 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look that compressed, and since you're a dev I assumed you might have had a different limit, apologies.

as you can see, mine looks like shit 🙂
Nope the same limit as normal people, I personally think the limit should raise with the donator tags lifetime and investor but I think Wilco has heard enough of me moaning in teamspeak about him attempting to remove my GIFs on the forums xD

It’s a no from me, overall user experience and load speeds come first, and other factors relating to seo and serps.

You do not need a motion picture in your avatar, customise your profile cover photo and background (for those with access) instead 

@Maxim
Maxim-quit-whinging.gif

Problem solved <1MB

@WilcoCan we see staff teams size reduced as well if we are reducing the devs? Or increase the donators sizes as a perk for donating to the community...

@Maximdon't brush staff and devs in the same boat 
s66u1V6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back