What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Los Santos Mosque & The Muslim Council of Los Santos

Mickie92

Over the past few weeks, myself and a few others have been coming up with ideas of possibly starting a religous section to our city. We've noticed that there's only one religous place of worship in the city of Los Santos. That is a church which is not being used. We've come up with the idea of converting that into our place of worship and also the headquarters of our Muslim Council of Los Santos.

We currently see a lot of criminal gangs throughout the city, but no religous group spreading peace and love of our God. This would start to bring diversity to the city and a community link between those from other gangs who may share the same religion.

Our ideal Mosque location would be the old church on the junction of Forum Drive, Strawberry Avenue & Macdonald Street. We've included some images of what the Mosque sign could look like.

If this was something you're interested in working with us on, I would love to hear from you.

To those who don't like the idea, please be respectful. We're trying to come up with a way in which we can move this city on without having to stay within the confines of 'Gangs' & 'Criminal Activity'. And this could also start off the process of introducing other religions to the city. We all know our Gods are the creators of the city, but each of our groups take on how we came about and how our lives are defined could be different from eachother, meaning we'd have different religous views.

I'd love to see some serious conversation on this and how it could possibly work 🙂

5.jpg

mcls logo.jpg

lossantosmosque.jpg

2.jpg

Im personally a bit skeptic to the idea of religious groups in games. (Please note, I mean any and all religious groups). I dont believe it should have a place on the server, and I tend to stay away from that kind of rp.
But then again, thats also because im not a huge fan of religion ingeneral irl either.

On a good note tho, I do like the idea of more peaceful groups going around and not creating chaos 24/7.

Either way, I`d recomend ya to get this suggestion moved to the correct section. Ask if a staff member can move it for ya, or post a new suggestion there.
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forum/593-gtarp/

We currently see a lot of criminal gangs throughout the city, but no religous group spreading peace and love of our God
Maybe because practising religion has nothing & is not relevant in a roleplay server based off a action shooter video game?

And this could also start off the process of introducing other religions to the city. We all know our Gods are the creators of the city, but each of our groups take on how we came about and how our lives are defined could be different from eachother, meaning we'd have different religous views.
But you don't believe in there being multiple gods, which also is against your own belief. Realize that what you're suggesting (bringing in religion(s) in a roleplay world) has no place here.

That is a church which is not being used. We've come up with the idea of converting that
Converting a church into a musque!? Used or not realize it's offensive

Im personally a bit skeptic to the idea of religious groups in games. (Please note, I mean any and all religious groups). I dont believe it should have a place on the server, and I tend to stay away from that kind of rp.
I completely agree with you Simen that we should steer away from religious groups since it can be a sensitive area. 

However a step forwarding from this suggestion, I do think it could be nice to be more inclusive of other religious holidays? 

Everyone loves the RPUK seasonal events around Christmas, Easter etc - I'm sure there could be room to celebrate Eid and other religious festivals if groups of players could provide input over how best we could do this?

But then again, thats also because im not a huge fan of religion ingeneral irl either.

On a good note tho, I do like the idea of more peaceful groups going around and not creating chaos 24/7.

Either way, I`d recomend ya to get this suggestion moved to the correct section. Ask if a staff member can move it for ya, or post a new suggestion there.
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forum/593-gtarp/

If it is done correctly then I believe that it could bring a new roleplay section into the server. However on the same note it can and most likely will lead to someone being offended. It is a skeptical thing to try but nether the Less good luck to you guys

relevant in a roleplay server based off a action shooter video game?
Are we really coming back to this argument. It is a valid argument for arma 3 where there is large restrictions on how much life development can occur, as well as how the altis life community as a whole plays the game. For 5M however where pretty much anything is possible I don’t see any point in bringing this up as a point against any form of suggestion. 

Religion and Politics is something we avoid in our gaming community, It has done more to divide people over the last 20 years than unite them.

This is a place to enjoy, unwind and chill out and I can assure you that adding in religions etc to any of our worlds will only end bitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back