What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - Tactical stinging Roger - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhYsic

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: George

Name of the player(s) you are reporting: Tactical stinging Roger

Which server did the incident take place on: Altis Life

Date of the incident: 30/11/20

Time of the incident (GMT): 1810

What best describes this incident ?: Failed RP

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I was robbing a barn with a friend nearby keeping lookout. We heard helicopters coming so we fled the scene to our helicopter (From different locations). The Ground Branch guys disabled the helicopter by flying above it as they arrived. They then had "Tactical stinging Roger" jump out and tell us to get out and put our hands up. We complied. He then said he was going to excute us. We tried to engage in RP but he didn't respond to anything, other than saying "say buddy again and I will kill you". I then began recording (This was less than a minute into our exchange). He turned to my friend and asked him if he had any last words, then excuted him. Looked for bolt cutters on him, found none then turned to me and executed me.

I sent a message to both him and the highest ranked Ground Branch member online and their reply was basically that they don't need evidence because they are Rebels, and rebels kill people in cold blood with little or no evidence so that's their RP. The Roger guy was extremely aggressive towards me. I haven't played in a few years, but this definitely would've been failed RP back in the day. If you're now able to just kill people cooperating with you as a rebel whenever they attempt to do anything negative towards you because "rebels are killers" then I guess this server has much different RP now. Although I would be very disappointed if that was the case as you needed to have a very good reason to kill someone a few years back, or at least engage in more RP than "Put your hands up or I'll fucking kill you" then "Now I'm going to fucking kill you" while ignoring any arguments/RP. I know I'm rambling a little, but if rebel RP on this server has become "We can kill anyone for any reason because we're RPing killers and have no interesting in other forms of RP" then I have no interest in playing here again.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xujJZ6u5YrQ
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

i would also like to point out the fact that you have only included the part of the execution, not any of the rp before?

As someone who was involved in the situation and arrived in one of the helicopters I would like to include my opinion on the matter. 

You claim that the incident was "Failed RP" as you were both executed despite complying with the demands that were being asked of you. Just because you complied doesn't mean your outcome will be better, we were very much aware that one of you had just attempted to break into his barn because we saw the activity on the CCTV cameras and I literally saw you move away from the barn as our helicopter was flying into the area. May I also mention that you attempted to flee by jumping into your friend's helicopter, why would an innocent man run? Oh wait, an innocent man wouldn't run. At the end of the day you broke into a person's property, although you complied and put your hands up when asked it doesn't mean you're just gonna get a slap on your wrist and get sent the other way, I would take the same actions if someone was attempting to break into one of my properties.

Just because you're not happy with the outcome does not make the situation "failed RP".

or at least engage in more RP than "Put your hands up or I'll fucking kill you" then "Now I'm going to fucking kill you" while ignoring any arguments/RP.
He literally asked multiple times over the course of 16 seconds for a reason that your friend thought it was necessary to attempt to break into his property, your friend was rambling and didn't actually give any reason and therefore your friend was shot. 

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes
You also claim that you attempted to resolve the situation but upon chatting to this gang member he has no recollection of you attempting to resolve it. If you really had a problem with the RP supplied why would you not attempt to talk to the person about it?

This report honestly seems like utter shambles.

i would also like to point out the fact that you have only included the part of the execution, not any of the rp before?
I just started recording after they were so aggressive. Logs will show this encounter was less than 3 minutes.

You also claim that you attempted to resolve the situation but upon chatting to this gang member he has no recollection of you attempting to resolve it. If you really had a problem with the RP supplied why would you not attempt to talk to the person about it?
I sent multiple texts via mobile, idk why you would claim this when logs can be checked. I was cut off every time I tried to RP a story by the Roger kid. He also threatened to kill me if I said buddy one more time, and that was the only response to the RP I was trying to engage. If you don't think this is the full story then provide a video or some evidence to the contrary. As you can see in the video my friend IS responding, and Roger is ignoring him saying he's silent. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe this is because you're trying to engage in RP with 3 helis engines running instead of actually taking the time to do something properly?

The main issue I have is with this rule. 

[SIZE=medium](6.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together. [/SIZE]

This seems to directly contradict the texts that were sent after from GB, saying that they can and will kill anyone for little or no evidence in cold blood because they are rebels.

The timeline here is we were asked to put our hands up or be killed. Then we were told we were going to be killed. Then I was told if I said buddy one more time he would shoot me. Then we were executed. All the time this was going on (~2 minutes) there were multiple Helicopters overhead with their engines on as you refused to turn them off. I fail to see how this is considered high quality roleplay and not failed/low quality RP/RDM.

I would also say that 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here when he says "That will teach you for breaking into GBs barn wont it dick head" is another example of metagaming/failed RP as he has just shot me and I'm seconds away from being executed. It really feels like an out of game, meta insult/threat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The timeline here is we were asked to put our hands up or be killed. Then we were told we were going to be killed. Then I was told if I said buddy one more time he would shoot me. Then we were executed. All the time this was going on (~2 minutes) there were multiple Helicopters overhead with their engines on as you refused to turn them off. I fail to see how this is considered high quality roleplay and not failed/low quality RP/RDM.
So because the situation lasted less than 2 minutes before you were executed you feel as though it's poor RP? Where in the rules does it say that you have to spend at least 2 minutes roleplaying with the person when you've found them breaking into your property? If you could point that out it would be grand of you. Also, even though there are helicopters, there's a reason you can set your earplugs to 100%, so that the engine noise from helicopters doesn't blare over the sound of the people talking to you, did you not consider putting your earplugs to 100%?

Here when he says "That will teach you for breaking into GBs barn wont it dick head" is another example of metagaming/failed RP as he has just shot me and I'm seconds away from being executed. It really feels like an out of game, meta insult/threat.
In what way is this metagaming? It is in no way "out of game" as your character has robbed his character's barn and now his character is teaching you a lesson for doing that, by executing you his character is under firm belief that you are not going to be able to return to that location as he has killed your character at the scene of the break-in. He's literally giving you a reason for your execution, all he did was explain his actions before carrying them out. The fact that you view this as metagaming clearly shows that you're really not familiar with the execution roleplay that is part of the server (especially when you involve yourself in crime).

So because the situation lasted less than 2 minutes before you were executed you feel as though it's poor RP? Where in the rules does it say that you have to spend at least 2 minutes roleplaying with the person when you've found them breaking into your property? If you could point that out it would be grand of you. Also, even though there are helicopters, there's a reason you can set your earplugs to 100%, so that the engine noise from helicopters doesn't blare over the sound of the people talking to you, did you not consider putting your earplugs to 100%?

17 hours ago, PhYsic said:
I actually do not know how to put earplugs to 100%. Only shift + p. As to the 2 minutes of RP, yeah I guess you cooooooooould have 2 minutes of "high quality" RP. However telling someone to put their hands up, ignoring them and saying if they say buddy one more time you're going to kill them. Then telling them they're going to be executed and what are their last words (all within the first minute of interaction). Then killing one and turning to the other and telling them to say their last words then killing them. This is not something I consider high quality RP, and a few years ago it also would not have been considered high quality RP. 

If the rules have changed and interactions like this is what Altis life has become then I have no interest playing. No offense to anyone who does, it's just not my cup of tea anymore. The purpose of this report is to see whether this is considered high quality RP and completely within the rules. When I reached out to both the player involved and the highest member of the gang online they said that Rebel RP is killing people, in cold blood and they don't need proof. The player in question just insulted me when I reached out to resolve the issue so...

At this point, I've said what I can in terms of supporting this report, it is up to the staff team as to what happens with it.

Are you able to upload footage that is unedited and shows what happens a few minutes prior to the event? 

Are you able to upload footage that is unedited and shows what happens a few minutes prior to the event? 
Sadly no. This is when I pressed record. There is no edit it's just everything from when I pressed record until I stopped recording. If you check the logs you'll see that there's ~1 minute before this where we're basically just stopped from leaving and told to put our hands up. You can tell this was a 2-3 minute encounter because they still haven't landed their helis by the time I start recording.

Unfortunately because your video only recorded that small of interaction i have to reject your report. 

Next time try to get more recorded of the event prefere 2-3 min before the first interaction. 

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back