What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Rework of the Storage System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lube

Brief Summary:

1.     Remove the ability to store items in a public garage (keeping the same system with owned property garages)

2.     Add the ability to search vehicles stored in a owned house

3.     Remove the ability to raid houses while they are offline

4.     Add a RentAStorage system

Detailed Suggestion:

First, this may have a lot of back lash however I feel there can be a trade off with civilians and law enforcement both earning something from this.

Firstly, ever since raiding has been introduced, it has made houses severely devalued. Your once fortress of loot can now be broken into without any knowledge because you are offline and just flashed a weapon in legion a couple of hours prior. One thing however that is very broken with the server right now is that vehicles can be used to store items whilst in public garages. It has pretty much unlimited storage, does not require rent. There is no way it can be tapped by police.

My solution to this would be simply removing the ability to store items in a vehicle at a public garage. Whether the items remain during that restart or just get instantly deleted like Altis, I am not sure.

Now, if a vehicle is stored at a player’s house, they can keep things in that vehicles inventory for unlimited amounts of time like how the system works currently. A change however would mean that if the building were raided, police can search any vehicles found within the property. This means there Is an actual way to remove things like firearms from the streets. I will give an example, I had an Uzi for weeks, police knew I had it, yet they could not do anything as it was stored in a public garage, somehow impossible to view. This will increase the worth and use of buildings however actually meaning they are worth something.

It would also be cool doing searches for specific vehicles seen in crimes and finding their location whether they are in a player’s garage. For example, a drive by shooting makes a vehicle very hot. You are searching for it and subsequently find it inside someone’s house after a warrant. This is evidence to suggest involvement and they are arrested in connection with the shooting.

So far, it seems negative for a civilian’s point of view however there has to be a trade-off. In return, civilian houses can no longer be raided offline. If you have the chance to defend your house, maybe even drive off with the truck full of your loot, it makes things more fun for all parties. Security upgrades to maybe make this a thing or upgrades that can alert you of a break in when online.

Now by removing the permanent storage of vehicles parked in public garages severely hinders new players who cannot afford houses. Therefore, something like a RentAStorage lot should be introduced at several locations up and down the city. Small containers with a small amount of storage that can be rented for next to nothing. These have poor security and can also be raided whilst the player Is offline. This is important to ensure that houses are still actually worth something and wealthy players do not just buy loads of them.

Overall, this will make an almost broken system a bit more viable for all. By allowing these weapons to be taken off the street more freely will in turn make the community a better place with these only really being accessible to those who can afford them, have multiple houses to hide things in and be smart enough to use them without giving their house locations away.

This is only a concept however the current system of having unlimited, risk free storage is doing no one favours even if you do not realise it. Imagine if Altis had the same system where you could store unlimited amounts of guns, drugs and equipment without the possibility of police being able to seize it. The economy would be worthless, and you would see much more combat in comparison to an RP based server.

The Pros:

-      Fixes a broken system of being out of reach from LEO’s

-      Stops unfair raids on houses whilst offline

-      Prevents combat storing (seen a lot of lately)

-      More Realistic

The Cons:

-      Harder for new players

-      Lots of dev work involved

-      May not be popular as it removes a major meta for civilians

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

-      Absolutely! I think overall better for both police and civilians

storage-wars.jpg

Cheetham-Hill-Op-1.jpg

As much as I would like your suggestion to work and can see how it could feel unfair to have your house raided whilst offline it's simply the only system that works. Forcing law enforcement to wait for the person being online creates a ridiculous and stupid cat and mouse game.

It makes it impossible for law enforcement to plan and organise and it creates opportunity for abuse as people can avoid logging on when Police/NCA are around and then empty their house at 4 in the morning. 

And whilst I don't know exactly what you are referring to I know that most warrants and raids have taken multiple days and a lot of intelligence to be submitted and approved by the judges scrutinising the warrants. Its not as easy as: see dude with gun, raid house. If you are just a careful and smart criminal, not a lot exist unfortunately, you won't get raided. 

As for the other parts of the suggestion I don't really have too strong of a opinion. 

As much as I would like your suggestion to work and can see how it could feel unfair to have your house raided whilst offline it's simply the only system that works. Forcing law enforcement to wait for the person being online creates a ridiculous and stupid cat and mouse game.

It makes it impossible for law enforcement to plan and organise and it creates opportunity for abuse as people can avoid logging on when Police/NCA are around and then empty their house at 4 in the morning. 

And whilst I don't know exactly what you are referring to I know that most warrants and raids have taken multiple days and a lot of intelligence to be submitted and approved by the judges scrutinising the warrants. Its not as easy as: see dude with gun, raid house. If you are just a careful and smart criminal, not a lot exist unfortunately, you won't get raided. 

As for the other parts of the suggestion I don't really have too strong of a opinion. 
I dont know too much about house raiding. I tend to stay away from showing my gun to the popo.
But am I right in hoping that the popo atleast attempts to do online raids first, but if it cant be done, then eventually it goes over to an offline raid?

I dont know too much about house raiding. I tend to stay away from showing my gun to the popo.
But am I right in hoping that the popo atleast attempts to do online raids first, but if it cant be done, then eventually it goes over to an offline raid?
The police have no idea if the player is online or not at the time of the raid unless we have eyes on him as we are doing it, we will not metagame in order to decide whether we will or won’t raid a house.

There are still a few sensible criminals around which is good to see, miss the early days of the server.

But like Shepherd said, there is no way for law enforcement to check who's online and raids will be carried out when it makes most sense organisationally and logistically. There are lot of different peoples schedules that need to match up and adding a 3rd party, the person being raided, would make it close to impossible. 

Ok, the concept of making it so you have to be online to be raided was only to get through the rework on storage and get people to agree. What would be the opinion of this even if houses could still be raided whilst offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back