What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

First Aiders

Alesia

Hobo first class
Brief Summary:

Ability for people to get a first aid licence

Detailed Suggestion:

A licence that will allow people to apply first aid to people. When they apply first aid and they have the proper tools (like bandages), the bleedout timer will reset. This will allow people to roleplay as first aiders on events, or can keep their friends alive until the NHS arrives. People who are in whitelisted factions, like police, can then roleplay as medical trained officers. However, to prevents an Altis like situation where people constantly bloodbag you to prevent you from dying, I'd like to suggest on top of this that the respawn timer will not reset, and it is only the bleedout timer that will reset.

Obtaining the licence should be not that expensive, I'd say either 10k at the city hall, or by roleplaying with an S.PAR or higher (if NHS agrees to this). But I'd love to see a more unique way of obtaining this licence rather than buying this from the city hall. Maybe a test with some basic first aid questions which you need to pass?

The Pros:

- Less people bleeding out from the timer

- More roleplay scenario's

- Less stressful work for the NHS

The Cons:

- It will take some work off the NHS

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes

Obtaining the licence should be not that expensive, I'd say either 10k at the city hall, or by roleplaying with an S.PAR or higher (if NHS agrees to this). But I'd love to see a more unique way of obtaining this licence rather than buying this from the city hall. Maybe a test with some basic first aid questions which you need to pass?
I like this idea, an Application/Test Google Form with some questions, if successful a training course set on a certain date? Like a Group Session they would do IRL for First Aiders, a St Johns Ambulance sort of thing where they would come together as a group and one trainer would teach them all how to do basic first aid

- It will take some work off the NHS
This isn't a Con, it'll give the NHS more time to be able to RP with people and not need to worry about bleedouts as much.

The only thing that'd need to be protected is the location of those who are down, so that people don't use it maliciously, however I think that this was a great idea.

+1 from me,

However, to prevents an Altis like situation where people constantly bloodbag you to prevent you from dying, I'd like to suggest on top of this that the respawn timer will not reset, and it is only the bleedout timer that will reset.
Maybe if you're attended to by a first-aider, the time until the respawn timer will increase, allowing just an extra bit of time to stop someone from forcing a bleed out, but then once the additional time is up they are more than welcome to commit not living. 

Maybe if you're attended to by a first-aider, the time until the respawn timer will increase, allowing just an extra bit of time to stop someone from forcing a bleed out, but then once the additional time is up they are more than welcome to commit not living. 
I don't think you're allowed to Bleed Out if someone is giving you good RP on FiveM? I thought it was just Altis that you could do that

I don't think you're allowed to Bleed Out if someone is giving you good RP on FiveM? I thought it was just Altis that you could do that
by my interpretation it's power-gaming on both sides lol

The only thing that'd need to be protected is the location of those who are down, so that people don't use it maliciously, however I think that this was a great idea.
+1, I'd prefer to make it so they won't see the patients at all

As long as you RP it, you should be good, but I've seen examples on altis where the dude was rping his head was blown off yet he kept being bloodbagged to get his gear. Saw these things from both rebels and police side, so I'd rather not give the same option.

the bleedout timer will reset
I don't think this will have development support. We don't want the bleedout timer ever to be able to be "slowed down" or in this case reset fully. This means that people can just reset it or whatever forever. Having bleedout is good since you can't loot dead people. So if a player with weapons die there's nothing anyone can do but to wait for a medic.

This bleedout system was in place to reduce guns, and this suggestion goes against that. I hope you understand.

I don't think this will have development support. We don't want the bleedout timer ever to be able to be "slowed down" or in this case reset fully. This means that people can just reset it or whatever forever. Having bleedout is good since you can't loot dead people. So if a player with weapons die there's nothing anyone can do but to wait for a medic.

This bleedout system was in place to reduce guns, and this suggestion goes against that. I hope you understand.
I understand this, but it is a bit sad to die because you get hit multiple times by snowballs. Maybe it could be seen with the triage system currently in the NHS, if it is black you cannot help him, if it is red, you can only help him once, etc.

I understand this, but it is a bit sad to die because you get hit multiple times by snowballs. Maybe it could be seen with the triage system currently in the NHS, if it is black you cannot help him, if it is red, you can only help him once, etc.
Snowballs is an seperate issue tho

Snowballs is an seperate issue tho
It was an example of how you can die over something stupid if the NHS is too busy with other things. Other examples could be by being beaten up by a fist, forgot to eat for a few minutes, getting tased and it got lethal, etc. The suggestion is mainly to give people a chance of longer survival if the NHS is too busy and open more roleplay scenario's. I understand someone cannot survive a shot in the head and it would be rediculous to give that a bloodbag, but on the other point, it is a bit sad to see someone die because he got knocked out.

I think it would be easier to increase the time slightly. When its busy during the day the medic might take 15 minutes to get to you and you are dead by then 

It was an example of how you can die over something stupid if the NHS is too busy with other things. Other examples could be by being beaten up by a fist, forgot to eat for a few minutes, getting tased and it got lethal, etc. The suggestion is mainly to give people a chance of longer survival if the NHS is too busy and open more roleplay scenario's. I understand someone cannot survive a shot in the head and it would be rediculous to give that a bloodbag, but on the other point, it is a bit sad to see someone die because he got knocked out.
This update brings a lot of warnings if your hunger & thirst levels are low. Again snowballs are an seperate issue. What I mean with that is that they shouldn't do any damage imo. People shouldn't die of them. You're using that as arguments to this being a thing. Even if we added "first aiders" they wouldn't resolve issues with snowballs killing people & missing thirst & hunger warnings. I hope this makes sense

This update brings a lot of warnings if your hunger & thirst levels are low. Again snowballs are an seperate issue. What I mean with that is that they shouldn't do any damage imo. People shouldn't die of them. You're using that as arguments to this being a thing. Even if we added "first aiders" they wouldn't resolve issues with snowballs killing people & missing thirst & hunger warnings. I hope this makes sense
I understand and it does make sense.

Thank you for the suggestion

There are other functionalities in place such as bringing injured people to the hospital beds (Which stops bleedout timer) or using "Doctor Coathanger".

We have decided to reject this suggestion.

Moving to Rejected

Back