What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Add a weapon holster script for certain weapon tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrie Healy

Add a weapon holster script that would add a model of the weapon on your player for a certain weapon theirs such as SMG upwards would appear as an item instead of being pulled out of thin air.

It could also work for big melee weapons such as baseball bats and machetes 

Example:

32743189dc7169b8656b3f04dfd34d56.png

I think it would add a certain risk level for someone if they wanted to kill or injure someone they would need to e careful not to be seen by cops of other civs

Edit:

I don't know if this is already a thing in development it was something that I just thought off

Last edited by a moderator:
@TigerforceThe main issue I can think off is people not liking it that they cant have an SMG on their person at all times. (I know there are some more but that's the only one that I can think off)

Just wondering what issues you would think could arise?

The main one is if people re-log after a while and forgot about what they had on them or theses an unexpected restart, they could log back in and get spotted and risk getting arrested due to them having a gun that they believed / fought they put away and then gets a long prison sentence.

The others i can think off is the fact yes small groups / individuals will stop carrying guns which is good and properly replace them with knifes but then you risk having people in large numbers all carrying guns and causing havoc and if spotted police will arrive and it can risk a large gunfight.

and my Final one which links to the last one is its the perfect way to kick a situation off. i mean you can see it in arma - police spots gun - they try and get it - person shoots or runs away - end in a gunfight.

Like i said theses are just a few issues i think could happen and i believe that if this was implemented it would cause more gunfights then RP due to the fact the weapons are in the open but feel free to disagree or question some of theses issues.

sorry forgot to add something. What about trojan. Its either A they look like an american withs guns everywhere on there back OR b in a vehicle which has a habit of glitching and even when locked can be taken and if given to the wrong people could lead to a mass situation. 

@Tigerforce
Your first point I can understand if there was an unexpected restart on the server and I would feel that it could run the risk of someone being arrested and serving a long prison sentence that should not have happened at all. As for your other point if someone disconnects and reconnects later that day or the next day I feel that it is their fault if they are spotted with a weapon.
(They could put it in their car or house and only take it out if it is needed)

Your final point about it changing the server into more of an Aram gameplay style im 50/50 on it. On one hand, I can understand that it may have a spike in gunfights at the beginning but I feel that it may level itself out. On the other hand, I would expect more of an RP focus on it as I said it could be implemented where only SMG's upwards would be visible on a person meaning that pistols would still be a way of concealing a firearm for what ever reason.

Also, I would imagine that Trojan would look more like this so very standard for what armed police in the UK would look like.

like i said. feel free to disagree or question.

one question i would say tho in regards to your final point what if Trojan are simply responding to a non firearm emergency meaning there guns are on there backs which in image doesn't seem realistic or had more the one firearm on them (to mention am not firearms nor do i have any idea what the rules are in regards to how many weapons they can carry) but if theirs is more then a 3 (rifle / taser and pistol) in the suggestion it would go on there backs which wouldnt look realistic as pointed in the image provided. As mentioned i can agree with this suggestion on parts but if implemented it could cause some issues such as making trojan look like the image at the very top of the page which just makes groups want to try and rob them which may lead to gunfights.

I think this was looked into but put on hold as none of the pre-existing scripts worked well enough or were of a high enough standard.

@MI mean an uzi could fit down your trousers but I don't think you will be fitting an AK-47 down there anytime soon. As I said small weapons could be concealed but something that's big and does a fuck load of damage should be seen and have to be planned for.

question i would say tho in regards to your final point what if Trojan are simply responding to a non firearm emergency meaning there guns are on there backs which in image doesn't seem realistic or had more the one firearm on them
I completely understand where you are coming from the image that I supplied as an example was more towards civs what I had in mind for firearms equipped officers such as Armed response members would be more like this. The idea would be that it would only appear if they had a large firearm on their person so they wouldn't have to always have an SMG or an AR in their hands at all time. 

Hi this is already an accepted suggestion Weapon Concealment - Accepted - Roleplay UK

I know it's a really old thread. I've accually began the basics of it just recently, y'all can expect it to be added to the server the coming month(s). And might tweak it after the updated suggestion once it's out and feedback arrives, since there's mixed feeling about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back