What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Add breathalyzer and drug test

AlfredW

Wiki Editor
Suggestion:
Add functioning road side breathalyzers and drug tests that police can use during traffic stops if they suspect you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, same as in real life.

I'm not a cop myself but from a civ POV I still think this could add depth to the RP and make it more intersting, especially if there are more incentives to take drugs in the future with buffs etc.

The Pros:
- More RP opportunities

The Cons:
- Possibly won't be used a lot, like on Altis, but don't think that would be the case

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
No

but there is a breathalyser.... only cops have access to it but i mean a drug tester kit could work.

No need - if someone is suspected to be under the influence the test is them following a straight line or it is obvious given their reaction/ behavior (RP in other words) that they have taken drugs which thru questioning and other RP methods can be determined. If you want a more in-depth answer I suggest contacting the police traffic deparment to organise a ride-along so you can see for yourself how one such check  would work. 
Alcohol doesn't give you any good effects so i do not see a reason why someone would drink it and then not want to RP as drunk. 
Imo you are getting rid of the RP aspect of talking,use of animations, walking styles etc. which makes me think there is no need for the devs to waste time on this.

No need - if someone is suspected to be under the influence the test is them following a straight line or it is obvious given their reaction/ behavior (RP in other words) that they have taken drugs which thru questioning and other RP methods can be determined. 
Hello! I work as a solicitor in-game, and this makes my job a hundred times easier.

Honestly, I like the idea, it can help pave the way for new drug and alcohol related features.

Back