TEAMSPEAK

Police Qilin

M

Question

Police Qilin

Which Arma 3 Classname is your texture for:

O_T_LSV_02_unarmed_black_F

Explain your creation:

Implement a Qilin to the Armed Response and National Crime Agency vehicle shop.

Many armed response members (and Slawek) have wanted access to a qilin, which provides many advantages over the regular prowler. The qilin has a slightly higher top speed than the prowler, which is useful in a chase against another qilin, over-time a prowler would start to gain distance from the suspect vehicle. 

Moreover, the qilin is lower down than the prowler, which provides useful in combat situations, when officers need to take cover behind their vehicle. Officer’s feet can be more easily shot at when moving between the engine block and the rear of the vehicle. In addition, the spare tire found on the qilin provides protective cover, allowing the officer to more easily take cover and return fire to an enemy combatant. These features are not available on the inferior prowler. 

Finally, the prowler’s side panels are also higher, which restricts an officer’s sight towards enemy combatants. The qilin, while appearing compact, provides the officer additional perspective when aiming at a target. 

Advantages

- Provides the user better protection from incoming fire
- Remains visible to other road users when responding to situations
- A new and unique texture to the server, which will have some value, rebels who manage to steal it may make a quick buck, or add to their collection!

Disadvantages

- Being a new and marked police asset, they will likely be more prone to being stolen.
- An additional texture to be added to the ever growing mission file.

Does this change the balance to the server?

Yes, implementation of a qilin to Police may slightly alter the balance on the server. The qilin offers slightly more protection such as a body lower to the ground and a condensed frame making it harder for hostiles to see through the qilin. However, this balance change is reduced by the high-visibility police stickers found along the front, back, and sides of the qilin. 

M8_qKwhabwQum1ZJ3fslxu1L4FTijC98eLhQqvGGaAvCh6m18Lfsrs1Ota0nDMz0knzGvZ5gsGN9ff6C-Amw41gbum52JEnsT0me7bSftMh8wgdE6Fe5lvpSfhjMmVfodvSOVtun

wue4BbSgsIC2CO74T9vBX9Havox-JoRExMfTCD0IVQmmEzb9CzzcAfXG5O1fU2IMkq6CRyspBY3jyfHcBsTq-Q86wf8zR8qUYvHShHjLBdYkQ5EsCsYpCSmh4uHqIDTL7nrHDeUS

I am open to making changes based on popular feedback:

Yes

If successfully approved I confirm this texture will be exclusive to Roleplay.co.uk:

Yes

If successfully approved I confirm I will email this texture to email@roleplay.co.uk:

Yes

• Like 13
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Simon Ross said:

nah the prowler needs to stay - it is unique to the police. I think if the quilin is implimented, it should just be more strict about usage. Maybe operation only, and trainer+ can use it whenever or something. 

Yes, but considering the fact that us police already get a ton of gear, and also to not have the mission file too big

• Eggplant 2
  • Facepalm 1

70mb isn't really that much either considering all the stuff that's on the server and us adding yet another skin to the quilin(even if it's police only) won't change much

On 04/02/2021 at 21:39, Simon Ross said:

nah the prowler needs to stay - it is unique to the police. I think if the quilin is implimented, it should just be more strict about usage. Maybe operation only, and trainer+ can use it whenever or something. 

I see what you mean, but then with those restrictions it wouldn't be worth implementing it at all. The qilin will be unique to the police, its got police written on it. 

Operation only and trainer + would limit it to like 5 people