What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Houses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alesia

Hobo first class
Brief Summary:

Remove houses from inactive members & add new houses.

Detailed Suggestion:

At the moment, almost all houses are bought by members of the community. Some members are still active, but there are some houses owned by people who are either banned or not playing anymore. There are also some places where you could add a new house to create more housing.

First part of the suggestion is to make a system that removes the house of a character that hasn't been active for a set amount of minutes in a month. When the new month comes, the script reads through the members and removes ownership of the houses where said character hasn't been active enough to own a house. Once losing the house, they could collect partial of the money back at the city hall.

The second part of the suggestion is to add more houses. There are some motel places in Sandy Shores close to the bank which could be sold for a cheap price for the newer players. There are also some motels inside of the city which could easily be bought by people. Maybe the price of this could be around 50k for a room. There are also some big mansions in the north part of the city with a gate which could be sold for a million, but also give the owner access to a bigger house (interior of michaels house), and lock the gates outside.

The Pros:

• More houses
  • Easier for players to get a house
  • People can't be banned and still have their house after a year

The Cons:

• Dev work
  • People who are gone for longer than a month will be angry
  • More scripts

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

I like the idea, but what if someone wants to go for a vacation and is gone for more than a month? will they lose their house? My idea is quite simple and its a solution, if someone goes for a holiday, they can speak to the devs so the script does not remove their house until their return. 

Also to add on another note, we could make it so that houses have perks, example: A million pound house has garages of its own etc..

I like this idea, shouldn't be a huge issue, and it could also clean up the server a little. 

+1 From me

+1 trying to find a house in fudge lane and half of them are owned by people who have been perm banned. Even a simple rent system would prevent this from happening

Houses are stupidly difficult to find at the moment yes, but for me personally I am at uni for the majority of the year and cannot play. Would seem unfair to me that I would lose my house despite being active when I am able to play. Just a thought.

Houses are stupidly difficult to find at the moment yes, but for me personally I am at uni for the majority of the year and cannot play. Would seem unfair to me that I would lose my house despite being active when I am able to play. Just a thought.
I can see how that scenario would really suck from your POV, but in general I still think it's a reasonable suggestion since weather you deserve to have your house taken or not, there are people who play daily who could be getting much more use out of it than you are. However I am sure there are changes that could be made to the suggestion to try and minimize these problems, eg extending the time to something like 3-6 months.

My opinion is houses should be a rent system and there be a hotel system for people who arent as active. Where anyone can buy a room in a hotel and still be able to store all their things

Realistically there are hundreds and hundreds of houses available in Los Santos be added as player-owned, since you can take any doorway and map an interior to it (while I appreciate this is a tedious job)

My suggestion would be 4-6 months of not playing = you loose your house, and that as many new houses as possible are added around the place

I don't like idea of set minutes on set character I'm very limited in play time with covid and would rather any 4 characters count to all 4 characters keeping house

Can this be closed?

36b9e7ae7c1fd4bdfad54623a63fed5c.png

Moving to accepted as more houses have been added

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back