What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Ban Roleplay of an Overt Sexual Nature

M

Gold Standard Roleplayer
Los Santos Police
This is a Community Rule suggestion, so would therefore apply to everything.

There is a strong need to impose a ban on roleplay of an overt sexual nature, so that we can protect young players and players who may have been a victim of sexual harrassment, assault, or rape.

The current rule:

(C1.12) Sensitive Roleplay - Continuing to roleplay subjects of a sensitive nature after being requested to stop by another player will not be tolerated. Permanent Ban

The issue with the rule is that there is, in most cases, a requirement that a player must request for RP to be stopped. By then the damage may already be done.

The larger question is, should players be coming to RoleplayUK for sexual gratification? This community has a large portion of children, many of whom can't consent to sex in UK law. It would be of the upmost interest in keeping the community as a reasonably safe environment for younger players to participate in. 

An outright ban on sexual RP wouldn't affect the normal player either. The normal player intends on joining the servers to play as someone they have constructed, usually in good intent. They don't come here to have in-game sex.

What shouldn't be affected by this rule:

- Jokes of a sexual nature, unless it falls under discrimination or bullying. Sometimes players in ArmA will have a laugh and stick a barrel up someones arse, this should fall under a joke.

- In-game character weddings, for example Jayray and TommyJ, these are purely for a bit of good intended fun or a part of a inside joke. 

What will be banned:

- Attempting to perform or performing a sexual act using your roleplay character, either alone or with another character, in serious roleplay.

This community has a large portion of children, many of whom can't consent to sex in UK law
Arma 3 - PEGI 16

GTAV - PEGI 18

Lets not go down that route... but good suggestion without that line.

I understand where your coming from but, for the GTA server it is an 18 rated game which applies for the server as well. So these children you talk about shouldn't be on the server in the first place.

I can confidently say that this is genuinely needed. I've been a consistent member of the community for what is about to become three years - I'm one of the few women who have consistently stuck around for quite some time and honestly the behaviour you recieve makes you want to leave, simply put. The amount of sexual roleplay that you recieve, you ask them to knock it off, they do - then you bump into them later, they continue, you tell them off and you rinse and repeat. 

It's pathetic. It's not enjoyable roleplay. It's disturbing. You do not know what other people have experienced - Even considering allowing this form of roleplay is honestly upsetting at the very best.

With recent circumstance (Which I suspect prompted this rules suggestion) - We had sexual roleplay conducted on a minor. Yes - He's below 16 and should as such not actually be active on the platform - but that does not change that MANY players still are. RPUK has always been so heavy on the safeguarding aspect - Why on earth is this glossed over? a warning? for forcing someone to roleplay conducting sexual actions to a child? 

+1. I see no negatives. 

I understand the concerns about the PEGI Age ratings, but they are merely advisory. Hence why players under the PEGI ratings, including myself for GTA, are able to play the games and access the servers.

It would be simply foolish to ignore the presence of under-age persons without strictly prohibiting them.

This also can be a rule that will create alert for the possibility, although unlikely, of online grooming.

Shouldnt be happening in a game anyway, dont know what the player on the other end has been through regardless of age. Stop it!.  

Plus its just fucking weird... like if you think raping people in a game is fun your messed up  

I understand where your coming from but, for the GTA server it is an 18 rated game which applies for the server as well. So these children you talk about shouldn't be on the server in the first place.
To add, a lot of children play this game and a lot of sexual jokes are made in every adult setting. However Online or not you DO NOT roleplay any form of sexual activity with a child.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldnt be happening in a game anyway, dont know what the player on the other end has been through regardless of age. Stop it!.  

Plus its just fucking weird... like if you think raping people in a game is fun your messed up
the law has spoken

I really don't understand why people are even debating over this. It is illegal in the UK to do sexual acts with children, not only that even adults could have trauma from sexual abuse and i don't think they would want to be raped in a video game. The fact of the matter is the positives outweigh the negatives in this suggestion, the positives being that we can protect children and adults from the trauma that is sexual abuse, the negative being you can't do ERP.... So yeah +1 NO NEGATIVES.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

https://www.ceop.police.uk/Safety-Centre/what-is-online-child-sexual-abuse/

• Love
Reactions: Riz
I totally support this, that it had to come to a child being FORCED to take part RAPE roleplay, this for it to open some eyes! beat around the bush all you want with softer words but that is the truth. This community does not accept racism or discrimination like it should. And being called a re***d can hurt feelings and make someone feel shit, but this stuff can bring up actual Trauma. It can generally fuck someones mental health up for a long time.

People come on this server to have a good time with friends not to have to go though this.

Sexual roleplay can be done somewhere else where it is fit, it should not happen here.

• Love
Reactions: Riz
about the "children shouldnt even be playing arma in the first place" argument. true but it really doesnt matter . yes children shouldnt play this game but they still do dont they?

i have been a member of this community since i was 12. just about a month ago i turned 16. but i have lost count of how many times someone has said something sexual towards me. for exaple if you are being kidnapped the hostage takers might rp as if they are raping you. ofcourse i would tell them to stop and ofcourse they did always stop because they didnt want to get banned. the rule that is in place right now is not effective.

and also if you truly think that children shouldnt be playing the game in the first place then why is there an age limit for the whitelisted factions but not for the rest of the server. that just means that you aknowlage that there is children on your server and you still allow this behaviour. its honestly fucking disgusting

and here is a piece of text pulled directly from the community rules. so dont say that children arnt supposed to play on the servers because you know damn well that they do

"It certainly doesn't mean you have to be over 18 to play here however you will find a lot of our members are. We respect the younger people and elders in our community and no discrimination will be tolerated"

i only see 2 possible solutions to this and its either to ban every single person under the age of 16 or to simply ban sexual roleplay. and even if people under 16 arnt allowed to play on the server anymore the problem would still be there because adults may have experienced things and may be very offendded if the same happens to them.

Yea gotta agree with this post. Suprised this isn't already a rule in the first place, obviously we're all aware that you can request them to stop but like said in the post the damage is already done. There's no situation where sexual roleplay is acceptable to a stranger, under no situation in real life would it be appropriate to start sexually harrassing anyone.

Regarding the age limit of ArmA, I feel like this holds no bearing - whether younger or older it's still inappropriate. However I agree it holds more weight when a situation arises and involves a minor.

Agree on every word what was said! 

+1

Its just messed up and totaly wired duno why some ppl have the need to do it in a military RP game.

(C1.12) Sensitive Roleplay - Continuing to roleplay subjects of a sensitive nature after being requested to stop by another player will not be tolerated. Permanent Ban
This rule or a rule with that sort of wording can never be put in place. It will fast become known as the snowflake rule, meaning that every situation people can just say "I do not feel comfortable with this"

Next you wont be able to kidnap people or the Police wont be able to handcuff people because they do not feel comfortable with it!

Lets not beat around the bush here, The issue is people raping people which isn't roleplay nor is it ERP, In terms of sexual content (ERP) that should be done on snapchat by 2 adults (with consent) if your into that sort of thing... I do not want to know about what goes on but this isn't the place for it.

I have always said if you feel uncomfortable about a situation then you should disconnect and report it, not tomorrow, not next week, instantly via the forums or to a member of staff on teamspeak.

PEGI 16 and PEGI 18 ratings are not advisory they carry restrictions meaning you cannot buy this game in the shops, It also means you cannot purchase it in steam (If you entered your correct DOB) Our staff team of course cannot watch every interaction so if you feel uncomfortable if such a thing might happen then you should not be playing games that have online multiplayer (Most of which are either restricted by PEGI ratings or have VOIP disabled) If you are under these ages.

We do take action but as people have mentioned this might be after an event so if someone is trying to perform sexual acts on you, log off the server and report it rather than sitting there listening to it and watching them shake there character back and forward (thank fuck there isn't any graphic animations.... and this is why the GTA sexual ones are disabled)

I am sure at one stage we did have a rule telling people to disconnect and report, Maybe it was removed down the years via various rule re-writes so we will discuss and see what we can do in adding something that makes "rape" and even "sexual roleplay" a permanent ban in writing, however just like for example racism, Such a rule will not stop people performing such acts just like it doesn't stop them from saying the N-word.

I can confidently say that this is genuinely needed. I've been a consistent member of the community for what is about to become three years - I'm one of the few women who have consistently stuck around for quite some time and honestly the behaviour you recieve makes you want to leave, simply put. The amount of sexual roleplay that you recieve, you ask them to knock it off, they do - then you bump into them later, they continue, you tell them off and you rinse and repeat. 

It's pathetic. It's not enjoyable roleplay. It's disturbing. You do not know what other people have experienced - Even considering allowing this form of roleplay is honestly upsetting at the very best.

With recent circumstance (Which I suspect prompted this rules suggestion) - We had sexual roleplay conducted on a minor. Yes - He's below 16 and should as such not actually be active on the platform - but that does not change that MANY players still are. RPUK has always been so heavy on the safeguarding aspect - Why on earth is this glossed over? a warning? for forcing someone to roleplay conducting sexual actions to a child? 

+1. I see no negatives. 
I understand it has now been re-reported but closed before it has reached me (I requested for him to report it) I haven't read it yet or viewed any evidence, I will find time tonight and read the staff notes and discuss with management if necessary.

In terms of women playing on this community, I am sure you are more hardened to this sort of thing being a girl gamer and that's why I think you and other women here do not report these events on how you are being treated by boys and even men! but we really do need to receive reports!!!

I know the staff team are a good bunch but we haven't formed the ability to watch and listen to every person on the server at every interaction.

We can only put a stop to this and educate these silly little boys if we know about it! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back