What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Gangs earn money from Drugs sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy Winkle

Banned
Hi I'm Teddy Wrinkle,

In a nutshell my idea is that drugs sold within the turf of any given gang the owning gang would receive a nominal sum of money i.e. £10 per transaction (added automatically). This should create a bit of rivalry between gangs and see gang members having to take steps to protect the dealers on their streets i.e. act as police lookouts, protect dealers from robbers etc. I would hope this would also lead to gangs looking for dealers in other gangs turfs looking to convince them to sell within their own and perhaps take action where the dealer declines.

Essentially a dealer is a commodity and one the gangs should be fighting for. I have thought about the idea of an additional turf in a prime location where buyers pay a premium, this could be owned by any group whitelisted gang or not where the benefits could be quite high, however this sounds a bit too much like a red zone to me hence why the suggestion currently is only for whitelisted gangs. 

Appreciate this suggestion provides whitelisted gangs an advantage over other street gangs. This is purposely so, whitelisted gangs should be dominate on the server and people should have a real incentive to join them over other gangs, rather than have a blanket what they sell gets more money I thought a better route would be the above.

Interested in your views,

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me.  

Just to add to this... this only applies to non whitelisted gangs, e.g. if you are a Grove there is no benefit from selling in Grove. The additional money for the gang will only be seen when a non gang member sells in their turf. 

My only problem with this is the fact that gangs shouldnt be awarded for letting people sell on their turfs. They should protect their turfs and stop people selling on their turfs at all costs 

Hi Jaffa, @JaffaBenitez 

I agree you would want to protect your turf, but I would suggest that is aimed at other Whitelisted Gangs, you wouldn't want to see Vargos rocking up to the Triads to sell over there without some form of grievance being lodged.

However, with commoditization of non Whitelisted Gang Dealers, it adds a layer of consequence for the Gang i.e. Grove are friendly to all and protect their turf from Police / Other gangs people would choose to sell there more, trying to add consequences for how a gang conducts itself. Overall I think the Whitelisted Gangs need to have some form of perk so that it would be a tough time going to war with one. 

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me.

i would argue that the gang who is controlling the turf should be "patrolling" it and if they see someone selling in their own turf they should tax them or take a cut from sales and not everything should need a server side mechanic to encourage gangs to do gang shit and not all hold hands and go finding stuff together 

Hi Dentibus, @Dentibus

I welcome your thoughts and agree to an extent, however for that to work the selling of Drugs would need to be limited to the Gang Turfs only (I don't believe it is currently i.e. why would you bother sell on that street). Also some form of alert (could be an animation) would need to be generated as selling drugs looks no different than walking down the street (to my knowledge). 

I guess an alternative would be just to give Whitelisted Gangs a buff and increase what they can sell for or reduce time taken etc. What I would like to avoid is Whitelisted Gangs being overpowered by any other street gang, example of this would be The Lost vs The Commission, now in my view (and it may be wrong) they outgunned and overpowered The Lost which made it pretty pointless having them as a Whitelisted fraction. The crux of the suggestion is Whitelisted Gangs need a buff and that seemed a fair non OP way of doing it. However open to others views.      

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me

Added to backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back