What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Border Wars Feedback

Maxim

Most Controversial Member of RPUK
So after Slapping Poseidon  let's have some feedback on Border Wars.

Please no crying, only constructive feedback that can help this get better!​

My points so far:​

- Change cap zone style so it's different to the rest of the zone (really hard to see the actual cap zones)​

- Replace Rodopoli cap with the barracks at cement trader, this gives a cap closer to Poseidon so Cops don't take an early lead due to spawns. (also a better place to fight)​

-Shrink the overall zone very slightly so the Solar tower next to MPU is not inside zone, to stop people camping the MPU spawn. (despite the fact they didn't do a very good job when they did camp it)​

- Replace Rodopoli cap with the barracks at cement trader, this gives a cap closer to Poseidon so Cops don't take an early lead due to spawns. (also a better place to fight)​

​
+1 this compound rocks

So after Slapping Poseidon
Calm down sunshine, even George killed you 3 times.

40 vs 25 with cops having a far closer spawn. Nothing more needs to be said.

unknown.png

Last edited by a moderator:
the little bit i saw, seemed fun but
make it so either poseidon can have more slots overall(or just for the event) or limit police slots for the event to make it more even police/poseidon wise

That is genuine feedback tho Maxim... No point for us to have more slots, we don't have the members to fill them, police slots need to go down for the event so its even 25 v 25 perhaps

Limiting the headcount is the way forward I think - e.g 20/20 per side (just so Poseidon and Police still have space for other activities). Cleanup clearly also needs to be stricter across the whole zone (as well as body bags and cash - the Rodopoli Military cap was littered with body bags 50% of the time).

For your points:

1) Yes, it is very hard to differentiate between the zones sometimes

2) This new cap should be in addition to the town fight. This is because IMO the town fight was quite enjoyable, and there isn't a fight like it which will exist otherwise. 5 cap points is also better than 4 IMO for this. 

3) Not overly bothered

My Points:

- Allow instant bleedout in all other places inside the redzone, not just the caps

- Limit the police to only allowing NCA and AR into the zones. This will make the fight more balanced rather than us being completely overwelmed. If people start sharking, there should be enough MPU/Water Whitelisted people within these factions to be able to respond to this with the gear necessary.

- Provide Poseidon with a better spawn. We were always further away and the only zone we are able to beat the Police too is the Rodopoli town. 

- Reduce the NLR Radius - currently it is 1000m, which sometimes means you are unable to fight any of the caps when you are on NLR, reducing it to 750m will mean you still cannot interact with the cap you have NLR from, whilst still being able to fight the other zones.

Limiting the headcount is the way forward I think - e.g 20/20 per side (just so Poseidon and Police still have space for other activities)
If this was an event every day of the week/every restart, I would agree with limiting the headcount so that it is a balanced fight, however considering it is a weekly event, limiting the number of players down to numbers isnt a good idea. It will annoy people who do not get picked, and due to not much happening elsewhere, they would probably just play on other servers where they can partake in the event. I think limiting it to all of Posiedon, and the 2 combat orientated Police Groups is the best way forward (AR & NCA). This will reduce the numbers and make the event more balanced. (In order for this to be effective in balancing the numbers it may be necesary for ride alongs to be banned for this, else there could probably be another 4 or 5 police participating if they were to start multiple patrols for NCA/AR and then each take a ridealong)

I think limiting it to all of Posiedon, and the 2 combat orientated Police Groups is the best way forward (AR & NCA). This will reduce the numbers and make the event more balanced.
What you are proposing will be impossible to inforce and is unfair, 20/20 that Ciaran proposed is more than fair that way a faction can put the 20 members and they can fight it out for that restart whoever is better will win not who has the more members. Numbers can easily be adjusted as well so even if its 20/20 and theres a need for more it can be increased quite easily.

What you are proposing will be impossible to inforce and is unfair,
Not really. It is down to "Do you want to be in the police on Saturday and not play the Border War or do you want to get blacklisted by going to the border wars without authorisation". If you see a cop in the redzones who isn't meant to be there, you send a video/photo in. They then get blacklisted for breaking a pretty easy rule to follow, and then nobody else goes there again

Not really. It is down to "Do you want to be in the police on Saturday and not play the Border War or do you want to get blacklisted by going to the border wars without authorisation". If you see a cop in the redzones who isn't meant to be there, you send a video/photo in. They then get blacklisted for breaking a pretty easy rule to follow, and then nobody else goes there again
so you want people to get blacklisted, for a server event where population cap just can be lower?

Why not limit cops to like 20 with command and armed response piority then the rest of the cops who don't get a slot have the option to play rebel for the restart

Why not limit cops to like 20 with command and armed response piority then the rest of the cops who don't get a slot have the option to play rebel for the restart
I think we should allow the police to prioritize how they feel, whether it be a reward for certain non-AR/command officers to be allowed in because they've done something useful during the week, etc. I don't think there's a point in a server rule / development angle on who gets to go, just the headcount.

limit numbers, and let faction leads decide the rest 

Save loadout function please. Regearing everytime i so tideous when you can just add a option to save current loadouts and buy them when you die. Also the MRAP restriction for Poseidon needs to be removed its dead af.

Rebels need better rewards for holding the zones so they atleast break even during it. Add another rebel FOB around Athira for easy regearing. 

Well this is just lovely aint it.​

@Raptorwas only having a joke pal, hope you guys had a good time regardless of the outcome (and yes George wigged me a few times, but I'm pretty sure I got revenge)​

@NuclearHe called me sunshine 😠

25-25 Police/Poseidon seems like a great compromise, there won't be as many cops on next time, it was a new fresh thing today and everyone jumped on for it, Police zerging shouldn't be a problem imo in the future, plus I'm pretty sure something like this is being decided on right now anyway, so I'd rather see some more suggestions in regards to dev stuff, how are the cap points? Do specific points need buildings added/removed? I agree with Clark saying that certain script cleanups need to happen, the start of this was fucking horrid, but that's a job for devs to work out on their own.​

@Ciarantiny QOL thing, points UI at the bottom left obscures your NLR timer 🙂

At the end of the day this was just a big fun fight, and I personally enjoyed myself, hope you guys did too. And I can't wait to slap Poseidon again 😉 ​

40 police would be suitable IF rebels could work on behalf of Poseidon aslong as they get benefits for doing so. 

It makes no sense for rebels to team with police anyway, we are the natural enemy, we have to be.

So after Slapping Poseidon  let's have some feedback on Border Wars.

​
So after Slapping Police  let's have some feedback on Border Wars. (according to the zone stats on discord) 🙂

But on the real note there is a few things that need to happen

* The reward for kills should be in the whole entire redzone and not just in the cap point.

* The reward for capping should be way more ( poseidon was getting 6k from it)

* There should be a limit on how many cops can go, it should be 25v25 or 20v20)

*Perhaps increase how many ifrits and hunter cops and poseidon can take out

* 1.30 minute cleanup script on vehicles ( 3 minutes on MRAPS)

* 1 minute cleanup script on body bags

Back