What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Panic Button Change

Gray

Mining Pogtonium
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:

Amend the Panic Button to highlight the road instead of pin point location for all radios.

Detailed Suggestion:

As in the summary change the function of the panic button to highlight the road or rough location instead of giving pin point locations. Not only is the mostly the case IRL but this allows for situations to unfold and Police to not know within 0.1 seconds you location.

Possibly as well consider that the panic button has a cooldown so that it can not always give exact location. (not essential just a thought) 

The Pros:

- Allow situations to actually occur and found instantly

The Cons:

- Harder to find trouble

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

A little bit. Making it harder to find cops

-1 terrible idea
Why is this a terrible idea? or is this something that has been put into a police discord/Channel and everyone just wants to cause shit and follow one person not actually bring any decent change to a server

From a medic point of view, it's already difficult enough with them not being able to see where we are for assistance through blips anymore

There's pros and cons for both having and not having this. There's many more cons than what is stated here but that's the same with any suggestion really. 

My anyone who has experience with shit like this IRL can correct me if I am wrong but I'm 99% sure Police Radios have trackers in them so technically speaking the control room knows exactly where they are. 

A major concern I have is that on a road like "popular street" or "Elgin Avenue" it's going to be near enough impossible to find someone that's just mid being shot at, hit panic and then instantly gone down. As long as cross roads can be included. For example, Location near Elgin Ave & San Andreas Ave. as opposed to just "Elgin Ave" because that road leads for literal miles. 

Willing to give anything a chance, if it betters balance and the server then all for it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some roads are very large - perhaps a circle with a rough area of the panic alarm?

Not only is the mostly the case IRL
I don't agree with that at all, generally all police cars have a gps in them which the dispatcher can see in real time, same goes for police radio's the GPS in those is quite accurate.

I don't think it really improves police communication, you generally tend to press you panic button when you need urgent immediate assistance and when you aren't able to tell people where you are because of the heat of the situation (held at gunpoint, or in very sticky situations).

Regardless, server-balance wise if it needs to be nerfed, maybe something  like a rough area (small circle on the map) instead of a street name. Some of the street names in los santos are miles long.

There's pros and cons for both having and not having this. There's many more cons than what is stated here but that's the same with any suggestion really. 

My man Special Constable @Pontycan correct me if I am wrong but I'm 99% sure Police Radios have trackers in them so technically speaking the control room knows exactly where they are. 

A major concern I have is that on a road like "popular street" or "Elgin Avenue" it's going to be near enough impossible to find someone that's just mid being shot at, hit panic and then instantly gone down. As long as cross roads can be included. For example, Location near Elgin Ave & San Andreas Ave. as opposed to just "Elgin Ave" because that road leads for literal miles. 

Willing to give anything a chance, if it betters balance and the server then all for it. 
I think i would know about the radios from irl experience.

radios IRL can be miles off depending on where you are its your responsibility to relay the information of where you are to Control in the short time you have to speak in situations etc

Image setting off your panic button on san andreas avenue and having this massive area where the officer could be, due to the road being so long. It doesn't make sense that someone on a much smaller road would have an easier time being found than someone on a longer road. Also, panic is done off of the radio, which is supposed to have highly accurate gps from what I'm told. It's bad enough as is not even being able to see our GPS at all. This would make it even worse.

Maybe create a circle area on the map and somewhere within that circle the panic was pressed. Pressing then puts your waypoint in the center of the circle, cause if it starts to work the same way that LifeInvader does with only a street-name and no waypoint they will be very hard to use and borderline useless.

d0c3c23493d927d070a891a6c5c1fab1.png

Could always increase decrease the circle size.

Last edited by a moderator:

My man Special Constable @Pontycan correct me if I am wrong but I'm 99% sure Police Radios have trackers in them so technically speaking the control room knows exactly where they are. 

With out extenxive knowledge of Airwave in particular but as a TETRA Radio Instructor in Norway i can say that the newer radios with GPS trackers has a fully fleged GPS. They are reliable down to 10-20 meters outside and some less accuracy inside some buildings.

Image setting off your panic button on san andreas avenue and having this massive area where the officer could be, due to the road being so long. It doesn't make sense that someone on a much smaller road would have an easier time being found than someone on a longer road. Also, panic is done off of the radio, which is supposed to have highly accurate gps from what I'm told. It's bad enough as is not even being able to see our GPS at all. This would make it even worse.
Hes not saying that what he is suggesting should happen, its a suggestion. If something different happens it happens. Thats why a thread is made for a discussion

I don't agree with that at all, generally all police cars have a gps in them which the dispatcher can see in real time, same goes for police radio's the GPS in those is quite accurate.

I don't think it really improves police communication, you generally tend to press you panic button when you need urgent immediate assistance and when you aren't able to tell people where you are because of the heat of the situation (held at gunpoint, or in very sticky situations).

Regardless, server-balance wise if it needs to be nerfed, maybe something  like a rough area (small circle on the map) instead of a street name. Some of the street names in los santos are miles long.
Cars, radios etc all have trackers however these can vary in accuracy depending on location for example you may be in the countyside and the GPS can be miles off.

One of my old colleagues was point to pointed by the control room and they asked him if he was in the middle of the North Sea they are not always accurate!

I also mentioned in the post about a rough location or so

Cars, radios etc all have trackers however these can vary in accuracy depending on location for example you may be in the countyside and the GPS can be miles off.

One of my old colleagues was point to pointed by the control room and they asked him if he was in the middle of the North Sea they are not always accurate!
Out of curiosity what radio model do you use? MTP3250/3550 has never had issues outside with GPS

Back