What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Option to spawn at house

AlfredW

Wiki Editor
Unlinked
Suggestion:
Give players the ability to choose to spawn either at their house or at their last location, same as Police and NHS have at the moment, sort of like waking up in your house as you would do in real life. Additionally give Police, NHS and any other groups with job hubs a third option in their menu for spawning at their house.

Pros:
- The same reason the factions have "Spawn at Job Hub", it gives you a home base you can always start from even though you might not have logged of there, a bit like "waking up" and starting your day off

Cons:
- Doesn't really make sense if you logged out somewhere else, but then again the factions already have a similar system
- Could be abused to combat log when eg in a gunfight or when dead to then spawn at different location

Good suggestion for sure. Maybe only allow respawn points after death?
I would honestly do it the other way around: when you die you still respawn at hospitals as you are in RP being discharged from hospital after receiving care, and when you log on you can choose "Last Location" or "Home" as you are in RP sort of waking up.

To combat the combat logging aspect

have this login option only available after lets say 1 hour has past since last logout?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still better to have people only able to choose when they respawn, or else like in altis life you don't really value if you're stranded. No worries man, just relog to choose spawn. You really want that OP shit here too?

Last edited by a moderator:
? My most recent reply was to stealth
My point is that with Stealthee's solution you'll have to be logged off for an hour before the option appears, basically solving the issue of logging off and back on to teleport

My point is that with Stealthee's solution you'll have to be logged off for an hour before the option appears, basically solving the issue of logging off and back on to teleport
But I already said I don't like this idea either? Its still trying to fixing something the wrong way

What's the point of spawning a player far away if the garages are independent? It makes no sense. No one wants to drive around in vehicles they dont own

What's the point of spawning a player far away if the garages are independent? It makes no sense. No one wants to drive around in vehicles they dont own
Sure some people might think that, in which case they can choose to spawn last location, but I would personally really like to spawn in my apartment sort of like waking up and grabbing one of my stored vehicles or meeting a neighbour in my block. Just my opinion though. 

Still leads to "i've stranded myself on the island" ill log off and go to the shop for an hour and come back and be at my house.
I think having it as an option on respawn would be okay though.

I really don't see that being a big issue and I would personally not want it as as a respawn option on death. 

Still leads to "i've stranded myself on the island" ill log off and go to the shop for an hour and come back and be at my house.
I think having it as an option on respawn would be okay though.
What's what I'm saying, it's 100% going to be abused.

How is it abuse if the person has been away from the game for an hour and isn't engaged in any prior roleplay situations? 

It's just a QOL improvement that if anything makes sense, every time you log onto the server it should be in a sense of your character waking up, hence the whole "I'm going to go to sleep" and "I've not long woken up" whilst roleplaying with people. Doesn't make sense that your character would randomly take a kip next to a random road. Being able to spawn at your house would make a lot more sense within roleplay.

As long as you have a 1 hour cooldown from the point you logged out like @Stealthee proposed I think most cases of abuse are avoided as logging out for an hour already gets you out of most situations and a different spawn point really makes no difference

How is it abuse if the person has been away from the game for an hour and isn't engaged in any prior roleplay situations? 

It's just a QOL improvement that if anything makes sense, every time you log onto the server it should be in a sense of your character waking up, hence the whole "I'm going to go to sleep" and "I've not long woken up" whilst roleplaying with people. Doesn't make sense that your character would randomly take a kip next to a random road. Being able to spawn at your house would make a lot more sense within roleplay.
But you wont know what the player previously did. Again it makes it so if you're in the middle of nowhere there's value to it anymore. Just wait 1h and choose spawn again. There's no value anymore to being stranded

But you wont know what the player previously did. Again it makes it so if you're in the middle of nowhere there's value to it anymore. Just wait 1h and choose spawn again. There's no value anymore to being stranded
Being stranded would be less of an issue if 

This was discussed at a dev meeting and it was decided against for the time being.

Back