What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Realistic Car Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putin Dimitri

Since the big update some cars have been nerfed and some stayed the same. Like the McLaren Senna has been nerfed and it only goes 120-140mph while the Porsche 911 is much faster. I think it would be cool if the imports had realistic speeds. 

Until the most recent update everything was way too fast, let things balance themselfs out and then im sure your senna will be buffed a little. 

Very similar suggestion as https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/127467-some-cars-are-to-slow/

And the same comment I made on that applies here: In general, realism should in my opinion not be the main focus for cars performance, it should be server balance. And in general import cars have been super fast compared to the GTA ones, something which leads to generally ridiculous and stupid driving, horrible police chases and more. So the goal here should be to try and balance the cars around the standard GTA ones, that all go around 120 MPH instead of balancing it around real life performance.

Very similar suggestion as https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/127467-some-cars-are-to-slow/

And the same comment I made on that applies here: In general, realism should in my opinion not be the main focus for cars performance, it should be server balance. And in general import cars have been super fast compared to the GTA ones, something which leads to generally ridiculous and stupid driving, horrible police chases and more. So the goal here should be to try and balance the cars around the standard GTA ones, that all go around 120 MPH instead of balancing it around real life performance.
I still think cars should be a little faster than 120 dont get me wrong, 130/150 is good for most cars let supercars go a little faster so the interceptor has something to do. There are some Default GTA cars in the city currently that are pushing 180/190 which makes no sense. I won't say which one however so people don't go mental for them and fill the server up with those kind of cars again. 

Realistic vehicle speeds is not something we are going to do.

120 miles per hour is just under 200 kmh

That is insane that you are able to go that fast on our roads.

It's important to note that top speeds on cars are not the top speeds they go on the road instead they are the top speed achieved when the car is given perfect road conditions (i.e a runway) and the top speeed isn't achieved in a couple of seconds it sometimes takes minutes to achieve the top speed. Even if we set cars to there too speeds from real life we would have to give them massive amounts of acceleration just to be able to achieve the speed and this isn't realistic

The reason we moved away from these massive top speeds is to incourage cat and mouse like chases with the police

Also how when you go start to go above roughly 130-150 depending on the client the map can't load fast enough in fivem for you to have enough road to continue and you end up falling through the map

I dislike this culture of going as fast as you can just because you can and that the most desirable fact about the car is the speed

Since you mentioned the porche 911 I'll have a look at it's handling to see if we made an error on its speed

If you all you care about are big numbers please go into your game settings and change to metic (kmh) that will blow your mind to how fast your actually going it certainly gave me a shock, as I'm not used to mph and instead use kph

I'm going to lock this based off my response if you think we made an error on the handling of one of the import cars let us know and we can look at it again to make adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back