What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Ability to select numerous fines to pay at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

Given the ability to select more than one fines to pay or merge all speeding tickets into one but given more detail when you select the fine "32 over the limit, 54 over the limit".

Detailed Suggestion:

I racked up quite a few speeding fines and decided I'd rather pay them before they got too big, I went to the police station and had maybe around 20 unpaid fines. I clicked on one of them and was thrown into the option to pay via bank/cash and I had to do this with all my fines and it was quite tedious to do. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Pros:

Wasting less time.

More grasp of how much total fines you have without banging out a calculator

The Cons:

Potentially could select one that you do not wish to select.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I guess so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a pain when I had to pay around 10, couldn't imagine what its like for those who have 20+

I was actually going to suggest this today after watching a person on a stream who had hundreds of fines, clearly doesn't care because they will just go to jail for it and not pay it.

My suggestion was to add to this also, my main concern with these tickets is that there is not much RP aspect involved as everyone still races around the city, and then will just take the jail hit. To combat this I'd say

• Make it so you can pay all off / multiple tickets at once
  • Auto Charge people who don't pay tickets after a week at full price
  • Reduced tickets if you contact police and RP it before the 7 days.

This way, you can pay for your speeding fines at a reduced price (basically like paying early) and get some roleplay out of it. I think this will stop people getting fines left, right and centre and not caring because they will be auto charged in 7 days. 

I was actually going to suggest this today after watching a person on a stream who had hundreds of fines, clearly doesn't care because they will just go to jail for it and not pay it.

My suggestion was to add to this also, my main concern with these tickets is that there is not much RP aspect involved as everyone still races around the city, and then will just take the jail hit. To combat this I'd say

This way, you can pay for your speeding fines at a reduced price (basically like paying early) and get some roleplay out of it. I think this will stop people getting fines left, right and centre and not caring because they will be auto charged in 7 days. 
The only issue with this is that currently unless you're a high ranking officer i don't think you can remove tickets from people once you've issued the fine. 

I believe you would have to go through a judge for it

The only issue with this is that currently unless you're a high ranking officer i don't think you can remove tickets from people once you've issued the fine. 
Great suggestion - really like @Drew's idea of paying early.

A potential workaround for this would be to auto increase the ticket price after 7 days, and have them pay the already listed, reduced rate before this

Last edited by a moderator:

A potential workaround for this would be to auto increase the ticket price after 7 days, and have them pay the already listed, reduced rate before this
I'm down for anything as long as it means i can pay them all at once xD 

Massive fan of this to be honest. It's ridiculous how many people have literally 100+ speeding tickets at the moment with seemingly no intention to pay up, and the police have no way of enforcing them unless you get stopped/arrested for unrelated reasons.

Maybe also a debt system. So really if you fail to pay your tickets and it sends your bank account to negative, you get charged a further percentage on overdraft.

I have quite a few fines and I'm not gonna lie we have races just to rack up the fines and an internal competition who has the most.

Approved suggestion @Archieon the quoted basis if you could work on this when you get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back