What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

External Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon Reeds

Bug Reporter
Brief Summary: Having a version of the in-game twitter app that people can view on the forums/an external website.

Detailed Suggestion: There's been many times that people have mentioned the in-game twitter, and sometimes it is a nice thing to be able to see. There's been a lot of tweets that people may have missed due to not being on the server that will be seen if it was available elsewhere, just like real-life twitter if something is posted there it is not only available for a short period of time and will be able to be found online.

To prevent spam from people that don't actually come on the server etc, people would only be able to view tweets and not post on twitter.

The Pros: Would allow people to see more of what's happening in game through external means and would be a nice addition to the forums.

The Cons: Could possibly lead to metagaming if people see that certain situations are happening in game and log on as a result of it.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? No

Like you say in the cons Metagame. So firstly a feature which could start people rule breaking isn't the best. I think it will introduce a big issue of metagame and don't think the Pros out way the metagame which could could be done. 

Also if people want to know what's going in game then log on and find out. You introduce a feature which doesn't need people to log on for something then that could have a negative impact on numbers on the server cos nothings happening on twitter.

Big -1 from me.

Like you say in the cons Metagame. So firstly a feature which could start people rule breaking isn't the best. I think it will introduce a big issue of metagame and don't think the Pros out way the metagame which could could be done. 

Also if people want to know what's going in game then log on and find out. You introduce a feature which doesn't need people to log on for something then that could have a negative impact on numbers on the server cos nothings happening on twitter.

Big -1 from me.
Much of what happens on twitter isn't about ingame events, people selling cars, general tweets etc are all happening at the same time, I feel like the impact that it creates by having the very few amount of tweets that are mentioning very specific effects wont affect whether people are coming online specifically for it and therefore affecting server numbers, it would just be a nice feature to have.

If you need a external twitter you're taking it way too serious. It's just a way to share fun shit ingame.

Since the time required to make this possible is just not justified I will be going to reject the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back