What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

New gangs?

William Antrim

This topic is more of a question/fact finding mission than a suggestion. 

There are now 5 obviously quite colourful and "in your face" gangs operating in the city, they enjoy their gang territories and some new and interesting benefits of being in said gang. This is great. I like the idea of it. However, is there any room for "other" gangs to enjoy any of the benefits? Gangs that dont need a "turf" (also not politicians!) necessarily but want to be serious and well respected in terms of their RP and the like. With all of the benefits given to the new coloured groups it feels like not being one of those 5 leaves you rather behind the curve but I have looked at a few of them and no disrespect to any of them but im not sure theyre my cup of tea. I have asked around and everyone i speak to is very quick to point to a bad gang but nobody seems to be able to articulate which is a good one. There arent any reviews and there is no such application in my phone yet as "gang advisor" so it leaves me with no more choice than my favourite colour to pick a gang? 

I realise i am playing devils advocate a little here but I wanted to ask - is there room for non-affiliated gangs and will they be able to access any of the resources and existing tools that the 5 whitelisted gangs have got? I used to be a part of a large gang that got too big, let too many people in and then became a mission to manage due to clashing personalities. I am keen to steer clear of that drama a second time but also like the idea of being part of a small fraternity of gang members who want to be friendly with the underworld but not necessarily decked out in purple/blue/green whatever. I wonder if there is a middle ground somewhere that might furnish me with this possibility? 

I am looking at this from the "new player perspective" currently as i am a returning player but I am just looking to see where i can fit in. I dont want to be in charge of anything, i dont have time for that. I am just looking for some semi-serious drama free sort of gang where i dont need to dress up in a fancy costume to prove my loyalty. I like the clothes i chose when i went to ponsonbys and I like the car i drive because i earned it. I would like the gang i represent to be more subtle and well respected. Like the firm used to be, or one of the other older gangs? if anyone remembers them. 

If not then I am happy to fly solo but i thought id ask the question? 

you can still create gangs that are not whitelisted ones and have ranks
if you wanna use whitelisted gang stuff just ally with atleast one of the whitelisted ones
example gang being The Milfs

nice to see you back william i think you have to be a sensible active group then you might be able to get a gang whitelisting im not too sure 

Yeah I'm more thinking of "renting" services from a whitelisted gang is going to be my best option. Business relationships with plenty but allegiance to none. 

I think the gang dynamics are offering a fair bit of diversity at the minute and is only becoming more defined.
For example; Triads are the sneaky chinamen with a legal front to all of their work, Ballas work in numbers...etc.

You'd really have to spend more time with them to find out what they're all about - No gang will be able to show their true colours (mind the pun) until you've spent some significant time with their members.

All the best bud!

Back