What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Report a player - Police Officer - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaya Smith

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Matthew San

Name of the player(s) you are reporting: Police Officer

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 02/02/21

Time of the incident (GMT): 15

What best describes this incident ?: He didn't let my friends carry him we were there for a good 5 seconds trying to carry him but they didn't let.

Please (in detail) describe the incident: We was robbing a police officer and he pressed his panic button and my friend stabbed him. Also the footage is from my friends POV

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):
https://youtu.be/QL4yI9a1Bxo
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Hello 👋

This is brilliant to see that you have taken your time out of your day to report me for this incident which you state that you tried to resolve, surely if you did you would have my character name and forum information no?

I just want to say it was a pleasure to have such a fun roleplay scenario with you. 

So where do I start,

Watching one of your guys get mugged of a motorbike by a local I then pursue them down the road and get the bike back for you.  You and your mates arrive, I'm then met instantly with hostility soon as you guys arrive. "Hands up now, hands up now" 

I have one of you telling me to place my hands up, I had another one telling me to drop my stuff, and then another one asking to carry me all within the space of 15 seconds. 

15 seconds you expect everything to go your way with that sort of roleplay?

Roleplay was shocking. Police was already down the road minus the fact the panic was pressed. Hands was still up. Roleplay doesn't work by abusing mechanics, i.e just stab him and carry him quickly cos the police are coming. You could of forced me onto the bike, to get in a car, could of had a stand off with the police anything, but you chose to stab me within 15 seconds of speaking to me and expect me to get of the floor soon as I'm down.

It's not like it's a roleplay server and I've just been stabbed and hit the floor and bleeding out in pain with no chance to actually do or say anything. 

All the best,

Drew

Good afternoon @Kaya Smithand @Drew- I'll be assessing your report, because it's about one of our most senior Staff Leads, and that's our standard policy. Management don't normally get involved in player reports except in exceptional circumstances like these.

@Kaya Smith- questions for you:

1) Do you have any video of the encounter beyond the ten seconds from the moment the video begins, to the point at which you stab the policeman with his hands up? I am keen to assess what conversations and roleplay had occurred before you took the killing blow. 

2) I'd like to know the identity of your colleagues in the encounter - particularly the knife-wielding one with the hoodie, who stabbed your other pal. I'm presuming that hoodie-guy was actually intending to stab the policeman too, but he missed because you'd already downed him - is that the case? Either way, names please, for the record. I may want to interview them too.

3) What was your intention, if you had been able to carry the stabbed policeman? What would your next step have been, and where would you have gone, and by what mode of transport, if any?

4) I'm keen to know why stabbing him was, in your opinion (and possibly that of your friend too) the best approach here? Was it a predetermined plan to rob a copper and stab them the instant they hit their panic button, if they dared to? Or was it a sudden decision that you both made in the heat of the moment? Did you convey the likelihood of an immediate stabbing to the policeman if he went for his panic button, and give him a fair warning and time to comply?

The audio on the recording doesn't really give much away about item 4 - all I hear is something about "record it for him?" (which seems a little OOC to be honest), then "hands up now" twice, beeps (from the panic button), then "oh wow" from the policemen followed by him being stabbed. All within ten seconds.

On the face of it, this isn't really in line with our policy on serious roleplay, but there may be more to it than that, so I am hopeful that the preceding bit of video might put you all in a better light on that score.

5) You ticked the box above to say that you had tried to resolve the situation with the other party (the policeman) prior to making this report. Where was that done? Teamspeak? Discord? Forum messages? Can you provide me with some evidence to that effect please?

Switching to @Drew, questions for you:

6) At the point where you were downed, why did you not accept the carry request?

Finally, a question for both @Kaya Smithand @Drew:

7) What happened immediately after this video finished? Specifically, how and when did you get away from the location (however much later that might have been), and did you suffer any in-character loss as a result of this encounter? Here, I'm trying to assess the severity of the outcome of Drew's action in delaying or refusing the carry, and whether it had any material impact on anyone, and what the relative balance of that was, for each of your characters.

I look forward to your responses in due course and will require answers to all of them before I can make any decision on this report.
Kind Regards,
TinyBigJacko

My friend sent me the message so I don't really have footage. My friends were Ali Osman and Dutch Fransico. If the police officer let me carry him I was going to perform cpr and hold weapons at him and I wanted him to drop his pistol and tazer. I don't think he should of stabbed him we planned it all out but he stabbed him. I didn't know who it was at the moment and if I didn't tick it it wouldn't of worked. We ran away and we changed are clothes. To be honest we can end the topic because we done bad and I wouldn't of reported Drew and tried to rob him If I knew it was him. 

Thanks for your response @Kaya Smith. I have interviewed @Drew personally via Teamspeak so I've had his answers verbally. I'll address those later in this reply.

Let's go through your response in some detail.

My friend sent me the message so I don't really have footage.
Fair enough. I've been able to establish that prior to this event, Drew had stopped a ped that had stolen the motorbike (presumably yours, or one of your team's) which we see on its side in the video. It was after this recovery that you and your team decided to rob the guy who'd just helped you. Whilst that might sound like a horrid thing to do, it's within the allowed lines of roleplay so in itself, it's not an issue.

However, the 'conversation' given to your intended victim prior to stabbing him were - as we can clearly see - pretty limited in terms of roleplay value, and didn't really give him much time to react meaningfully or get much out of the roleplay itself. It's clear that you pretty much regarded him as a vending machine, there for your convenience, and didn't really give any thought to his experience. I think he was just a means of getting a gun and a taser, to you - would that be fair to say?

My friends were Ali Osman and Dutch Fransico.
Thanks for the clarification. I realise now I screwed up slightly in my initial analysis of the video supplied. I thought you were the guy in white, whereas it's clear now that you were the guy in the black hoodie (the one who stabbed his own friend). It makes little difference to the outcome, but I have gone back through and re-watched the video closely (several times) just to make sure I see it from that perspective.

I do hope that @Ali Osmanand Dutch Fransisco are able to take note of this report (though I think Dutch does not have a Forum account, so perhaps you'll need to alert him directly).

All of you are guilty of some pretty poor interactions in this video, and would do well to heed the advice I am going to give.

If the police officer let me carry him I was going to perform cpr and hold weapons at him and I wanted him to drop his pistol and tazer.
Where were you planning to do this CPR? Why could it not have been done right there where he fell?
I appreciate that you were really after his taser and pistol - and it's this that underlines the fact that really, he was just a vending machine for you, not really a player needing some entertainment (like you), or even a fictional character with feelings, a life, possibly even a family in a world that may well be make-believe, but is where we all chose to 'live' in the moment. Put bluntly, you weren't engaging in 'serious roleplay' - you were just gaming the engine mechanics. Pressing buttons to take some stuff off 'a thing' because you can.

That's a bit lame, tbh.

I don't think he should of stabbed him we planned it all out but he stabbed him.
Noted. Bear in mind that (assuming you are black-hoodie guy) YOU also went to stab him at almost exactly the same moment, but you ended up slicing your buddy due to the fact the copper was already heading for the deck.

Next time, in a situation like this, give some more thought and time to the other player - the victim in the scenario - so that they actually have an interesting experience. Put yourself in their shoes. Sure, it's easy for three guys to dominate someone on the server and make them act against their will in order to preserve their life - and that's actually ok. Most players caught in that situation may not 'enjoy' it, exactly, but if you give them the opportunity to respond, react meaningfully, attempt to turn you round, or 'sue for peace' - or even just plead for their life - then it can at least be an interesting encounter for them too. Not just a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am-oh-I'm-dead-on-the-floor-and-all-I-got-to-say-was-Oh-Wow!

And if you CAN'T include space for that kind of back and forth in your planned escapade, you're doing it wrong. Plan again. Work it through. Find a place or a time where you have space, or freedom from interruption by other cops, etc. Work out what your victim is likely to say or do when you hold him at knifepoint. Be ready for his answers, and dominate by word as much as by weapon. I'm certain that in that situation Drew would have had no option to do any of the following rather than be stabbed: empty his pockets, get on the floor, get on the bike, submit to being hogtied - all of which would - if you'd given him enough 'chat' space - have ended up in you being able to get him out of that location, and grabbing the gear that you craved. Of course he would have not gone willingly, and would've looked for ways to delay, or turn it around on you - but that's half the fun. Again, you need to pre-empt; to warn him not to press his panic button (I realise now that the beeps in the video were actually YOUR radio, not his, and the panic-button is silent, but you can clearly see Drew's hand go up to his shoulder where his radio is located).

I didn't know who it was at the moment and if I didn't tick it it wouldn't of worked. We ran away and we changed are clothes.
As it stands, basically you blew the encounter. A total loss. You got nothing, except annoyed.

Annoyed enough to skip the required liaison or offline meet-up to work out your differences and discuss what just happened. To the extent that as a result, you don't even know the guy's name. This is precisely WHY we put that tickbox in there on the Report-A-Player form: to STOP people from wasting Staff's time dealing with individuals who can't even follow simple instructions or deal with their issues by themselves, and who think that they can game the Staff into doing an investigation for them and make trouble for the other guy.

It is NOT there so that you can lie and simply tick the box because otherwise it wouldn't have worked. Shame on you. Wise up.

To be honest we can end the topic because we done bad and I wouldn't of reported Drew and tried to rob him If I knew it was him. 
Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. You've started the machine - but you don't get to stop it; I do.

The fact that you reported a player without first conducting (or even attempting to conduct) any sort of liaison counts against you.

The fact that you didn't even know the player's name counts against you.

The fact that you're backing off because you NOW know they are senior staff only serves to tell me that you would quite happily have grief-reported another player of a non-staff status and it wouldn't have bothered you one bit. Maybe even you'd have gotten away with it (but tbh, I doubt it... our Staff here are good; probably the best in the business, and they've had a lot of experience dealing with situations like this). This counts against you in spades.

The fact that your lead-in roleplay was really poor, one-sided, vending-machine-operator level counts against you. Please improve. We want you and your gang to have fun, of course, but it's important that you recognise EVERYONE here wants some fun - or at least some decent roleplay opportunity - too, and are not just here as automatons to serve your whims.

The fact that you were prepared to report someone simply because you didn't get what you wanted - your loot , and to fully screw him over - (notwithstanding all of the above) - makes you come over as really rather selfish and petty - and that certainly counts against you. We don't like 'ruleplayers' here, especially if they are not even halfway decent 'roleplayers'. Poor roleplay is bad enough; people whining because their poor roleplay doesn't net them a great result is frankly just laughable.

You're probably thinking "but that doesn't make it right that the copper could refuse the carry" - and in a way, you are right. As I said, I have had a conversation with Drew at length about this, and I am happy that if you had perhaps been a bit less one-sided and selfish with your 'roleplay', and even given him a chance to groan properly, and verbally resist (either on the floor or beforehand), then you might actually have gotten somewhere near the outcome you craved. He was deliberately slowing down when he gave you the option for carry, and was never intending to deny it for ever... but of course, you conducted your encounter in such a daft, open, public location, and the cops were ALREADY on their way past, and really close, that you simply did not have time to actually go through the whole back-and-forth with the wounded Drew, and stop him moaning, groaning, struggling, and finally get him up. You didn't really even give him time to think! And then you had to run away like a pack of silly hyenas when the lions turn up. With nothing.

I don't enjoy having to rake my Senior Staff over the coals and question them on situations like these, but it's a necessary evil if we are to remain impartial. I am happy that Drew's decision was sound, even though technically, it might be considered unfair. I think the balance of unfairness was already far, far in his favour anyway, so I am not going to uphold this report against him on this occasion.

The event (and this report) has brought to light some issues with the carry system which I am unhappy with, and which I believe various other folk have issues with, and this will be the subject of some internal discussions amongst the development team in due course. I feel that a truly downed player should have little or no scope to refuse a carry for very long, but I also believe that being able to carry someone over their shoulder whilst driving a motorbike, or as a means of getting a third person into a car that only has two seats, are abuses of the system. Similarly, a carry-system that IMMEDIATELY allows a downed-player to be removed from a location by a troll or a griefer (or someone who is just not giving them a decent bit of roleplay and treating them like a vending machine) is also a bad thing. So maybe some kind of timed-release system (for downed players only) is a way ahead. Who knows... but that will be discussed in the future with the guys who can build it, as I said.

Ordinarily, in your situation, given your really poor RP and your steamrollering of the encounter without thought for the other player, plus your attempts to cheat the Report-A-Player system without first conducting your own liaison, there would be a good chance that you'd get a ban yourself for trolling or failRP. It has happened before, many times, and reporters sometimes pay the price for their vengeance or trickery.

However, given that this case involves a Staff Lead, if I banned you, there would surely be an outcry that somehow I was siding with Staff over an ordinary (and quite new) player, or that I was being too harsh, simply because I'm Management. So on this occasion, I'm just going to deny this report, and let you go with the warnings I have made above, and I think that will be fair enough.

I mean what I say, though. Improve, please. We really do want you - and every player here - to have as much fun as possible, and we're fully aware that sometimes that 'fun' will come at the expense of another player. That's part of the roleplay. But still, each and every player MUST have the opportunity to participate in that roleplay - to make their point heard, to play their part, to have a chance at a turnaround or at least give a convincing and entertaining performance of someone getting screwed over! They are not just machines, here to vend you loot at the touch  of a couple of buttons before you run off into the night. Make your encounters count. For everyone involved.

Of course, you might well be thinking "Jesus, so much serious, it's only a game" - and that's fine. But that's what we do here. That is why this is the best serious RP community in the UK (and quite possibly the world). We like to strive for a high quality time, and make it all the more real and exciting or fun. If you just want to run around robbing players and shouting "hands-up-now" like a robbery-robot, then there are plenty of other low-grade servers around where that kind of standard is the norm, and you'd probably find it easier to do that there. But I guarantee you wouldn't have the same degree of fun and entertainment, nor would you have the same level of staff overwatch and protection (or systems in place to deal with your genuine complaints, when you have them), nor would you like it much when someone did the same tactic on you, time-after-time, day-after-day.

So, impress me. Impress yourself. Rise to the challenge and get smarter. Become a better player.

Judgement:
Report Denied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back