What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

possible overflow server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Antrim

Probably a big no (due to resource demand) but is there an option to have an overflow server for those folks in the queue? like 30+ people or something similar? it seems like the changes have made the server much more popular than before and I see regular 20+ queues (at least 3x in the last 2 weeks). I wonder if there is a possibility of a second server even if its just at reduced capacity? if it is feasible is there/would there be an additional financial burden to something like this? 

if there was a financial cost is there a way to mitigate it? like have a recurring subscription of a few quid a month or something? id be willing to pay towards it. if everyone paid like £2 on a recurring monthly thing youd get the server bills paid in no time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i fully agree with this, and would also be willing to put forward some money if required.

Probably a big no (due to resource demand) but is there an option to have an overflow server for those folks in the queue? like 30+ people or something similar? it seems like the changes have made the server much more popular than before and I see regular 20+ queues (at least 3x in the last 2 weeks). I wonder if there is a possibility of a second server even if its just at reduced capacity? if it is feasible is there/would there be an additional financial burden to something like this? 

if there was a financial cost is there a way to mitigate it? like have a recurring subscription of a few quid a month or something? id be willing to pay towards it. if everyone paid like £2 on a recurring monthly thing youd get the server bills paid in no time. 
Personally i don't see a need for it, having a queue for the main server is healthy people seeing 100/100 every day and then trying to connect and there being a queue keeps them interested before they're even in. Overflow server right now would be a total waste. 

Then you must literally be the only person in the world who actually likes standing around in a queue. Because thats basically what youre telling me. Queues dont keep anyone interested. They just put people off and they go elsewhere. How many times have you gone to Tesco's and said hey theres a ten person queue over there, that must be a really cool checkout, i wont bother going to this one over here with no queue ill stand over there! 😄

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. 🙂 

Firstly, bare in mind that we are keeping the server numbers lower than normal while we work on performance issues. The max slots will grow when we can support it. I would imagine everyone can agree on the fact that more people on one server is better than 2 split ones.

In the mean time (while we are capped at 100). I don't like the idea of having 2 servers. When we had this with Arma it quite quickly led to server 2  becoming a  farming simulator where people could safely do their runs with minimal risk of being robbed or bothered by the police etc.

I also completely agree with Warwick's point. If you constantly see a server that is full that is gonna catch your eye and it looks like a good server to play on and get a lot of interactions. It's a lot easier to fill a server for 80-100 then from 60-80 (the more people on it, the more people it attracts). It is almost kid of similar to clubs and bars IRL. Generally most people will pick clubs with the longer queues as it is a sign of a good club.
The amount of new players on the server has also seems to be drastically increasing in the last month or so which somewhat supports that claim.

How many times have you gone to Tesco's and said hey theres a ten person queue over there, that must be a really cool checkout, i wont bother going to this one over here with no queue ill stand over there! 😄
This is a pretty poor example as your goal at Tesco's is generally not about meeting  and interacting with people is, it is to get in and out with you groceries as quickly as possible.

This is a pretty poor example as your goal at Tesco's is generally not about meeting  and interacting with people is, it is to get in and out with you groceries as quickly as possible.
You're starting to sound like the government now 😆

i was hoping the smiley would indicate a sense of humour. im just of the opposite opinion. i wholeheartedly disagree with anyone wanting to wait in line for anything. I think (from speaking to new players) that the reason theyve joined is for the content, not the queue. I can support this fully. As i said the idea of a 2nd server if done correctly can be very successful, ive seen it happen elsewhere. One of the first things taken into account was the thing you rightly pointed out - the ease of doing your "runs" with no consequence. Some of this would need to be removed. Ive seen it restricted to legal work only on an overflow and the majority of people on the server (and the discord) actually thoroughly preferred doing legal work and RP with their friends to sitting in a queue. 

I am 100% ok with people saying they disagree but telling me people prefer to queue than to play i have to disagree with. I realise why the server is limited to 100, I also see 20 people (or more) who would also love to play. I just think the suggestion is worth making, it doesnt matter to me what you do after the suggestion is made. I just felt bad for the poor people in the queue wanting to water their plants but its each to their own! 

Hey, so this is gonna be my opinion regarding this suggestion.

Splitting police, so lets say there are 2 servers around, One server would have most of the police on and the 2nd server would have close to no police on as more police officers would prefer playing on the server that has more players, i don't know really but there would have to be a split of police officers around. People will be fearless and do a lot of illegal activities and what not as there would be less police and farm everything there (Believe there was an answer like that above). Same with NHS, some people would non stop complain in OOC saying "There Are No Medics ETC ETC non stop". If there is police in server 2 then the command would also have to be split, so all the police command would have to go to server 2 or stay on server 1 to help the people around or there would be something like new command or something which is gonna take a long time to get quality people in so that would be another thing to work on for a long time.

There would be no point of server 2 after server 1 is properly optimized (which i believe the devs are working on) p.s server 1 is probably never gonna fill up again and neither would server 2 it is just gonna split people off and confuse some people about playing either on 1 or 2. It is gonna be waste of time and money after the devs make the current server working fine.

Also one more thing some people would just stick around in server 2 all day as there would be less police and do all the illegal activities such as selling drugs what not without the problem of police ( Could be seen in paragraph 1 ), making earning money easily, now i am no dev or have any knowledge of a dev but i think it is possible to connect the economy of both the servers like your money server 1 character would be on server 2 ? I think that is possible or idk but if that is possible then people would actually get all the money from inactive server 2 and be big and rich in server 1 ( sorry i am no dev so idk if that is possible no hate xoxo).

But yeah that's all i would say, it's just my opinion.

our queue times are nothing compared to some of the bigger servers even the whitelisted servers

Then you must literally be the only person in the world who actually likes standing around in a queue. Because thats basically what youre telling me. Queues dont keep anyone interested. They just put people off and they go elsewhere. How many times have you gone to Tesco's and said hey theres a ten person queue over there, that must be a really cool checkout, i wont bother going to this one over here with no queue ill stand over there! 😄

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. 🙂 
Altis used to have overflow servers, Altis server two used to have 30/40 players on it generally without any cops due to them wanting to play server 1, this ended up with that server being used as a farming server and people just made so much money. I don’t want GTA to go down the same route.

So I still don’t see the need for it currently, that’s not to say in the future my personal opinion won’t change however, for now I genuinely can’t see why a server is needed for 10/20 players. These 10/20 players would literally run around selling weed day and night with no police presence and make millions for doing absolutely nothing, risking nothing. 

As recon9 said above too the development team are working tirelessly on server performance so we can once again knock the numbers back up to 128 what would happen with the second server once the numbers bump back up? I can tell you it’d be obsolete, dead, no players. It’s healthy to build up the appetite. When we’re seeing queues of say 40+ once the server is back to 128 then maybe my opinion would be the same as yours, right now overflow server is a no from me personally. 

Overflow server? You should be asking for a server #2 instead.

First of all we will have issues with the NHS as they are under staffed. Our plan which is currently to improve performance on the server so we can up the slots. A server #2 might become in the future, but right now it's not up for debate among the development team. Suggestion rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back