What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - Yello - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yello

Richest man on FiveM
Unban Appeal for Yello 

In-game Name: felix

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198088035328

The date you got banned: 04/02/21

Member of the team that banned you: aiden

Reason given for your ban: G3.1 (G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: https://i.gyazo.com/85f32251d455bf2c6d02cfe64547408e.png

Why should we unban you ?: The @everyone to keep guns away, was because we had been on the server and seen an increased number of police online, we then used our discord. Like the Police and every other discord, use it to convey an announcement. In the same way the Police had put in their firearms chat to hop on cos grove had robbed them, we put out a warning that they should keep their gun away. The then screenshot of the sheer volume of police on was not to be used as in game knowledge but was us making a little joke about the amount of police that had hopped on - but we werent in any way going to use that. The messages were nearly 10 mins apart and we were already in the game playing, getting arrested and chased. Not like seeing that could actually change anything.

I have been here for so fucking long, and I play quite a lot. I do as much as I can to stay in the rules. But this ban seems like it could have been easily talked about and resolved with a 10 min chat. My intentions were not metagame. It was a gang announcement...

Edit 05/02 1739hrs: I would like to throw in a little bit of the thinking behind why I believed it was okay to post my announcement to the gang. Back in like 'Day one' of Grove Street, we had a run-in with the police which we won. And because I was in the cops at the time, I was in the Police discord - so I then saw people start to post about in game things, asking for cops to hop online. Thinking this was not allowed (due to my altis experience) we went to staff to see what was going on, that staff member said it was okay. And for many times after that, it had been going on in the official RPUK discord, examples below with names censored because I dont want to bait them out: (this is just a small amount of it, not nearly close to the whole story)

87ccb44eb5c794d9c54e9292e3fcb566.png

This is happening in the official RPUK Discord, and I was told things like this were allowed, hence my announcement. If it is actually not allowed - then that is my bad, it will not happen again - but I would like that to be practised along the entire community, not just us.

As for the Screenshot, again - with you guys just getting the screenshots of the chat. After thinking about it, I see why it looks like I sent a screenshot as attached to my announcement. Though like I said before, it was sent nearly 10 mins after the announcement and the context of it being sent was because we were in a discord call joking about the hop on squad we had caused after robbing a cop, there was 0 intention to use it in game. As we were already experiencing the wrath of that force as it were. 

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly if you believe the police have broken a rule why did you decide to also break instead of report it and bring it to the attention of the staff team?

Now I will explain the difference between what you have done and what the police did.

You @everyone on your discord chat which is out of character to tell them not to take there guns out which is regarding an in-game situation. If you gathered this information as you stated in-game then there is no reason for you to take this out of game and tag everyone, especially when there are resources in-game for you to communicate with your group. Not to mention that you also post a picture of the teamspeak channel showing how many police officers are in there. It's quite ironic of you doing that since you had requested hidden channels for NCA due to you guys being metagamed. 

Now onto the police, they have asked for people (back up) to log onto the server to back them up to make the force stronger so they can actually police the server, not to influence a roleplay scenario in particular.

Also a "gang annoucement" would be something along the lines of we are doing a bank at 19:00 06/02/2021 be there! not put your guns away guys to many trojan on the server. 

So, why do you deserve another chance?

Firstly if you believe the police have broken a rule why did you decide to also break instead of report it and bring it to the attention of the staff team?
Thanks for the reply- I don’t know if this was written before or after my edited version of this, but back at the beginning of the server this was common practise against our gang, we would do something and it would be mentioned in police members to come on and deal with us. We did bring it to the attention of staff a couple of times and back then we were told that it was not a rule on GTA to do that and that it was okay. I do not member the staff member this was with as it was back in March/April time unfortunately, with this said... that is why I thought it was alright to do this, if not then I do apologise, I was only acting off of what was said back then.

The fact this was happening on the official RPUK discord is also what lead me to believe this is alright (as well as one of those messages in the screenshot being from a staff member).

Post a picture of the teamspeak channel
I understand why this is being brought up, as all you really have is a screenshot of two messages. But the context of me posting that screenshot was us in a call having a laugh about the hop on squad we had caused over a previous situation in game. This was not intended to be used as meta gaming - though I do fully see your view of this.

Also a "gang annoucement" would be something along the lines of we are doing a bank at 19:00 06/02/2021 be there! not put your guns away guys to many trojan on the server. 

So, why do you deserve another chance?
I am geninley sorry about this whole thing that has been caused. In my head, this was an honest mistake - due to what I had been told by staff in the past. I did not think that posting that announcement would be seen as metagaming, though now I have. I obviously won't be posting stuff like that again. I have already recieved the message that I will not be able to be a part of the Whitelisted Groups sceheme.

Thank you for your time.

Do you now understand the difference between what you did and what the police did?

Do you now understand the difference between what you did and what the police did?
Back then I thought that this sort of message from the Police was using OOC information to encourage in game events, that was my thinking behind why I thought this was okay... But after this whole experience I now understand that for the Police, it is to make the force on the server a bit stronger- rather than just a gang putting their guns away to prevent money/assets being lost.

Now I hope not to see you in the appeal section on forum again Felix. You have been here for quite some time, stop doing silly things and getting yourself in trouble!

Do not blow this chance.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Just adding to this for the record, because perhaps something has been overlooked in the process.

As a result of this ban being already a 'last resort' ban from a previous one, @Yello/Felix is currently blacklisted from all 'trusted' factions until further notice. This includes (but is not limited to, if new WL factions arise) all NHS, WL gangs, Police & LostMC on GTAV-FiveM and all WL factions on Altis Life.

It will be reviewed at an unspecified date in the future (but not before 6 months at least), on the basis of conduct and compliance with rules, by Management, in conjunction with Dev Leads as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back