What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Report a player - Bolibumpa - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Percy

Name of the player(s) you are reporting: Bolibumpa

Which server did the incident take place on: Altis Life

Date of the incident: 14/02/21

Time of the incident (GMT): 240

What best describes this incident ?: VDM/Metagaming/FailRP

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I'll put the events in list format for ease of reading:

- Me and three other gang members were trying to take the Laundry.

- The Bolibumpa gang comes to the scene in armoured vehicles, Half of us engage whilst the other half decide to hide in bushes.

- They hop out of their vehicles only to kill us and then hop back in they kill half of us using this method.

- They then use the "Groups in Area" feature to deduce that there were more of us hiding out of sight. (I'd like to add my own personal opinion to this feature: I think the "Groups In Area" feature is a form of metagaming, because you cant sneak up or hide. Ergo, you can be hidden in plain sight and people would know you are there. I think its a tad contradictory to roleplay especially considering that using identifying a player via the name tag is considered fail RP.)

- Anyways, they start running over bushes, until they hit one of us. and then proceed to kill us. (Again I don't know if this report is being pedantic, but being run over, to destroy bushes then once we get hit. wait for us to get up then kill us seems. not right. it also kind of ruins the "flow of the gunfight". I have spoken to the police and explained the situation they agree that it's VDM but I just wanted to check.)

So In summary, I think using this "Groups In the Area" feature is metagaming, using a vehicle to runover bushes constitutes as VDM as the player will get hit. it also ruins the "hiding experience".

I don't know if I have any standing for this report but I just wanted to see if the actions above are legal so to speak.
The screenshots attached show Gang Leader Bwanzi justifying and validating gangs actions to use vehicles to run over bushes.

Kindest,
Percy

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/810246685036511243/810346215690207252/unknown.png%20https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/810246685036511243/810346222723399690/unknown.png
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

unknown.png
unknown.png

Anyways, they start running over bushes, until they hit one of us. and then proceed to kill us. 
When you say "they start running over bushes until they hit one of us, and then proceed to kill us" thats very incorrect. 

I was there in comms at the time being and Bwenzi was streaming his game the entirety of the time. He didnt ram you then jumped out and killed you immediately after like you say. He waited for you to get up and gave you a chance to reposition. 

Yes he and the other gang members drove down bushes to look for roaches but thats literally what every gang/faction does.

"Groups In Area" feature is a form of metagaming, because you cant sneak up or hide.
It isnt a form of metaming pal. Its been like this for a very long time and i've only ever heard you complaining about it just now.

What best describes this incident ?: VDM/Metagaming/"FailRP"
I dont see any FailRP in your report....

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question is mate, why you trying to report a whole group for vdm/metagaming/"failRP". with no proper evidence
First off, where's your evidence for the VDM.
and personally, and i think alot of people will agree with me, wheres the failRP?
using the "groups in the area" feature is not metagaming

- They hop out of their vehicles only to kill us and then hop back in they kill half of us using this method.
you trying to say this is a rule break?

why have you reported the whole gang? Me and the majority of the gang wasn't even there use your brain and pick there people that was actually involved 

Can you read the rules please before trying to report us for doing nothing wrong, if our gang vdm's you on accident then they will let you get up to give you a chance to fight us.

Pengu

When you say "they start running over bushes until they hit one of us, and then proceed to kill us" thats very incorrect. 

I was there in comms at the time being and Bwenzi was streaming his game the entirety of the time. He didnt ram you then jumped out and killed you immediately after like you say. He waited for you to get up and gave you a chance to reposition. 
Your first point of him waiting for us to get up to reposition, the use of vehicles to expose peoples positions is using vehicles to gain an unfair advantage and the act of intentionally hitting a player is VDM, it does not matter if you allow us to reposition.

(1.1) Vehicle Deathmatch (also known as VDM) - Using any vehicle as a weapon (e.g running people over, causing explosions including while sling loading, ramming, etc)

Yes he and the other gang members drove down bushes to look for roaches but thats literally what every gang/faction does.
Your second point, it does not matter if other gangs do it, breaking the rules is still breaking the rules.

It isnt a form of metaming pal. Its been like this for a very long time and i've only ever heard you complaining about it just now.

I dont see any FailRP in your report....

(3.1) Using out of game information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban, In character forum posts are considered in game information

I would personally consider using the groups in area feature to gain an advantage as to how many people are in the area and there general position I would say that is metagaming, this was more of a personal opinion as morally I think it is wrong and I'm not trying to say that its your fault because its on your screen and there's not much you can do about it. I also would say that the process of the game telling you that the zone is being captured is also a form of metagaming because where are you learning this information, the game is telling you out of character... Again I'm not saying you are at fault I just don't think it is suitable to be in a roleplay server I just wanted to highlight the fact that I thought it wasn't suitable for a serious RP server. I think that you should instead be having someone maned at the zone to hold a high quality roleplay experience that is required of this servers experience. 

And your last point of FailRP to use your vehicles as battering rams to take down bushes made the immersion of the roleplay situation be thrown out of the window and turned the "Gunfight" into a game of hide and seek as to see how long it would take for you to find us.

CrimzonUK

The real question is mate, why you trying to report a whole group for vdm/metagaming/"failRP". with no proper evidence
First off, where's your evidence for the VDM.
The evidence for VDM is the screenshot provided of your leader admitting that your group intentionally VDM's people when they are within bushes in the red zone. Now I personally would say a written confession to VDM is evidence.

and personally, and i think alot of people will agree with me, wheres the failRP?
Copied and pasted answer from above

FailRP to use your vehicles as battering rams to take down bushes made the immersion of the roleplay situation be thrown out of the window and turned the "Gunfight" into a waiting game as to see how long it would take for you to find us. Just because we are in a red zone does not mean that RP is null void.

using the "groups in the area" feature is not metagaming
Again it is more of a personal opinion playing the game ethically I think using this information is morally wrong as the information gained can 't be explained.

you trying to say this is a rule break?
My issue with this is not the fact that you killed us, my personal opinion is that the use of armoured vehicles to get close enough to us and then jump out of the vehicle is FailRP as in a real life situation I personally don't think that's how people would conduct an operation as this. I understand that in Red zones you do no have to initiate but I do feel that does not exempt RP and the way we conduct ourselves within the zone.

Techno

why have you reported the whole gang? Me and the majority of the gang wasn't even there use your brain and pick there people that was actually involved 
I chose to report the whole gang as you can see in the screenshots your Gang leader has stated that your whole gang has been instructed to behave in this manner.

xvRexzii

Can you read the rules please before trying to report us for doing nothing wrong, if our gang vdm's you on accident then they will let you get up to give you a chance to fight us.
I personally do not see this as an "accident" as there is no legitimate reason to be running over bushes, the only reason you are doing it is to expose players and the act of doing so is using your vehicle as a weapon which is counted as VDM. 

My issue with this is not the fact that you killed us, my personal opinion is that the use of armoured vehicles to get close enough to us and then jump out of the vehicle is FailRP as in a real life situation I personally don't think that's how people would conduct an operation as this. I understand that in Red zones you do no have to initiate but I do feel that does not exempt RP and the way we conduct ourselves within the zone.
just to clarify, jumping out of a vehicle to kill someone is a real tactic, it happens IRL, such as in a police chase when a suspect drives down a dead end, the police need to decamp quickly. it is not failRP at all, in fact, its a feature of arma.

just to clarify, jumping out of a vehicle to kill someone is a real tactic, it happens IRL, such as in a police chase when a suspect drives down a dead end, the police need to decamp quickly. it is not failRP at all, in fact, its a feature of arma.
I dont think were going to see eye to eye, I would say this is FailRP/Low RP to use a real life situation doesn't justify it in my eyes there are people who in the real world would Shoot someone without warning that doesn't mean its allowed on this server, a real world example does not justify it in my eyes and we clearly wont agree. I wont be saying much more on the situation and ill just leave it to the admins to decide. 

I dont think were going to see eye to eye, I would say this is FailRP/Low RP to use a real life situation doesn't justify it in my eyes there are people who in the real world would Shoot someone without warning that doesn't mean its allowed on this server, a real world example does not justify it in my eyes and we clearly wont agree. I wont be saying much more on the situation and ill just leave it to the admins to decide. 
rp redzone ?

The rules no where state that there is no RP within Red zone the only rule that does not apply within a red zone is RDM

(5.3.1) All other server rules apply in the Red zones with the exception of the RDM rule.
You know that the Redzones are KOS (Kill on sight) right? Why in hell would we want to roleplay when we go there to kill people. So no you do not have to roleplay inside the redzone. 

You know that the Redzones are KOS (Kill on sight) right? Why in hell would we want to roleplay when we go there to kill people. So no you do not have to roleplay inside the redzone. 
You are missing the point, FailRP isnt just talking to other people within a redzone, FailRP in this context My issue is not the fact that armoured vehicles to get close enough to us and then jump out of the vehicle is FailRP as in a real life situation I personally don't think that's how people would conduct an operation as this. I understand that in Red zones you do no have to initiate but I do feel that does not exempt RP and the way we conduct ourselves within the zone.

You are missing the point, FailRP isnt just talking to other people within a redzone, FailRP in this context My issue is not the fact that armoured vehicles to get close enough to us and then jump out of the vehicle is FailRP as in a real life situation I personally don't think that's how people would conduct an operation as this. I understand that in Red zones you do no have to initiate but I do feel that does not exempt RP and the way we conduct ourselves within the zone.
just rip the vehicle, its a game its not real life as in any game there is a meta, the meta here is jumping out of mraps killing and getting back in

Right, this report has clearly gotten out of hand and quite honestly the report itself is a little confusing. First, @Percydo you have any video evidence to prove the gangs were actually breaking rules. Furthermore, using the 'Group in Area' feature to deduce how many people in a zone isn't metagaming, as that is precisely why its there.

@Jolly,

Thank you for establishing that the "Group in Area" feature is not metagaming.

My first question is,

Is using an armoured vehicle in a red zone to run over bushes & by extension hitting other players in said bushes for the sake of "exposing them" to kill them considered VDM.

my second question is,

Given that hitting a player with a vehicle. will knock them over, Is doing this and waiting for them to reposition just to kill them considered fail RP as it disrupts the "flow of roleplay".

Kindest,

Light [RZE]

@Jolly,

Thank you for establishing that the "Group in Area" feature is not metagaming.

My first question is,

Is using an armoured vehicle in a red zone to run over bushes & by extension hitting other players in said bushes for the sake of "exposing them" to kill them considered VDM.

my second question is,

Given that hitting a player with a vehicle. will knock them over, Is doing this and waiting for them to reposition just to kill them considered fail RP as it disrupts the "flow of roleplay".

Kindest,

Light.
listen we never killed one of you when vdmed we never vdmed one of you we just ran over all the bushes because we where in zone for 15 mins before someone shot 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back