What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - jchri - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchri

Unban Appeal for jchri 

In-game Name: jchri

Server: Altis Life

Steam ID: 460519753

The date you got banned: 02/20/21

Member of the team that banned you: James Travers

Reason given for your ban: "Forum Report C1.2(Perm/Perm)"

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I called Greywolf a homosexual to stall for time as he was kidnapping my friend just outside the greenzone.

Why should we unban you ?: Previous appeal:
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/128817-unban-appeal-jchri-altis-life/

My friend spoke to a staff member called "Deathstroke" (I believe) for me, I was in the call as well. I would have spoken to him myself but I was waiting for my new audio interface to arrive. I told him that I think my appeal was misunderstood. he told me to reapply and since then I have thought about what I actually did and rewatched the video.

I think the staff member who denied my appeal misunderstood what I meant.

I said
"
apparently "discriminatory" views.
"

and he said that I did not understand what I did and how it is against the rules.

I put "discriminatory" in quotation marks as it was a direct quote, that is all

I have had some time to reflect, and I acknowledge now that what I did was rude, and I am sorry for any harm and inconvenience I may have caused. As previously stated, my intention was only to stall, I never meant to cause anyone any kind of discomfort, and I am sorry that my actions made someone feel that way.
The staff member who denied my appeal also said

"
You then decided to start insulting him by saying stuff about his mom whilst hiding in a greenzone
"

I again acknowledge how this was rude and unnecessary, and again I am sorry. Greywolf did tell me to continue to insult him and responded humorously to what I said. I didn't feel like that was a big deal because he responded positively to that and told me to continue, but since he has obviously been offended by this, I apologize. I have no excuse and so I am sorry.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @jchriCould you please provide the correct SteamID, it should start with a 7

Right, the one you were looking for was: 76561198881305235

But back to the appeal.

I remember seeing this report up, and might I add that it was just sad to watch really. You claim that you were stalling greywolf, but for what reason? Also, do you understand the issues of doing what you did within a greenzone? I also want to know, why you kept trying to get greywolf to come closer to you and get in the greenzone? 

@Bowen Orion I said in my appeal previously, Greywolf was waiting outside the greenzone for my friend to come out so he could kidnap him. I stalled greywolf so that i could message the police to get them to come and save my friend.

I told Greywolf to come closer whenever he tried to walk away. I did this to stall for time.

What do you mean by "the issues of doing what you did within a greenzone"? Is there a difference between doing what i did in a greenzone vs anywhere else? I understand the issue of what I did, but I don't understand the "within a greenzone" part.

Thank you.

Have a look through the rules and see which rule you think you have broken by using the green zone in such a way.

@Bowen Orion

I presume you mean

(5.1.6) You must not exploit the green zone to avoid ongoing hostile roleplay. Retreating into a green zone is forbidden.

This rule confuses me. 

1.) What is the definition of "hostile" on this arma 3 server?

2.) How am I avoiding "ongoing hostile roleplay"? All I did was refuse to come out the greenzone, he was the one who wanted to kidnap me, why should I have to come out just because he wants to kidnap me?

I am not trying to be rude or anything, and I hope it hasn't come off that way. This rule does genuinely confuse me, I don't understand the definitions or the limitations / contraints.

Thanks.

I take no offence to this, I am more than happy for you to ask questions in order to understand how our rules work.

And yes that is the rule I am looking for along side A1.7 (trolling) and C1.7 (common sense). The issue here is both the language used and the way that you did it. If you wanted to engage the player in roleplay in order tot stall him while you waited for police, you should not be inside the green-zone as this affords your protections that within roleplay that you should not have. We try to keep everything as close to real as possible and should an incident like this happen in real life, you wouldn't be able to stand in the open and taunt a criminal in order to stop them fleeing but somehow be perfectly protected.

Now that you know this, what would you do differently next time something like this comes up?

@Bowen Orion

Next time I would probably not confront him in the first place

But if I did, I would definitely not call him gay or tell him that I did his mother.

I should point out a rule that I forgot to list which is:

[SIZE=medium](A6.0.1) You must not abuse the boundaries of any marked zone on the map. Using the boundary to troll/taunt or temporarily gain protection is forbidden.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Can you see why you would be on the wrong side of this rule?[/SIZE]

Given that this was your first ban you will be given another chance. But this will be the only chance. Think about the things you say before you say them. Also please read through all the rules again before going back onto the server.

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back