What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - Unknown - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McColson

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: McColson

Name of the player(s) you are reporting: Unknown

Which server did the incident take place on: Altis Life

Date of the incident: 03/03/21

Time of the incident (GMT): 1430

What best describes this incident ?: fail rp/hobo initiation

Please (in detail) describe the incident: i landed my Taru at rebel fob sat in co-pilot unknown then hopped in the pilot seat(i understand this is my error) however I believe he had no gear or gun due to just respawning. We flew around for quite some time before he 'initiated' the initiation is shown in the clip linked he told me he will land and let me get out the heli if not I will be shot out of it, I dismiss this as I don't think he has a gun and I feel safe and want to stay with the taru he then flew over to his friends for them to shoot me out, then flew it over to special operations to get it scrapped

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVuOE0czlc&ab_channel=Graphhy%20%20%20%20%20%20https://imgur.com/a/z8wF65x
I'm trying a new recording software for better performance and it hasn't captured my microphone 
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, first of all I think it is a shame that you have waited around 18 hours to report me - when we already had a conversation in liaison yesterday. You went to ask admins for their opinion when we were in liaison from about 15:35 to 162 - most of which several of you were muted up and you left us alone - you didn't bring me to chat to the admins with you and just left me waiting. You didn't come back to me after their chat or back to the liaison so I had no idea we had any issues as you said nothing. As a result I have no recording from my perspective.

I would like to apologise for not saying anything to you until around 3:20 in the video - as you had said nothing to me previously and I believed you had jumped out at rebel FOB or else I would've spoken to you much earlier and we could've had more of a chat. Although I don't feel that would've helped much as you said very little to me at all as can be seen your mic is barely active, and that which was said was of no importance or consequence as it was along the lines of "I'm sad" and "do you have nothing better to do but scrap tarus" and really I didn't feel like I was getting much back from you so the roleplay was pretty stale and there was no even attempt at negotiation or dissuading me from getting your taru scrapped. I gave you plenty of warning to get out and opportunity to say anything at any time to which you said nothing. It becomes pretty evident from around 60 that you were communicating on discord and yet absolutely none of this came back to me. All this time you were in communication and was saying nothing to me. This breaks rule 
"(2.5) You must hot-mic all communications that have been made over TeamSpeak when they are relevant to influencing the course of roleplay. This means that if you are communicating to fellow team members via TeamSpeak and you are in audio proximity range of another player (they can hear you), you must hot mic any commands given so the rival player can overhear. This rule does not apply if both sides are engaged in a gunfight together."

Personally no I did not have any weapon as can be seen when I jumped in when you were sort of inviting me in just sat there so of course I didn't go buy a gun. Even if I had, I cannot roleplay holding it to your head as that is powergaming. Had I never given you the chance to jump out (ss you are in co-pilot so cannot get out unless I land) then that would be powergaming as I was forcing you into roleplay that you could not alter, so I gave you the option and you could've asked to get out at anytime and I would've let you. I gave you plenty of time to dispute what I said when I 'initiated' on you for my friends but you said absolutely nothing to me - if you had an issue at the time then we couldve hovered on the beach and you would've been shot out all the same and probably this report could've been avoided. But you didn't cos you sat there silently.

This is not a hobo initiation to me as I am still perfectly valuing my life. Hobo initiation would be running in to a bank with nothing saying "hands up or my friends will shoot you" with no clear threat presented and then you getting shot from the hills from all my friends. I think it is irrelevant that I do not have a gun as I cannot do anything with it in the heli anyway. This is not a fail RP either as my roleplay is evidently of sufficient time and quality (you gave me nothing back - my roleplay would be better but you were a brick wall so I couldn't have a conversation). It was clear to you when the ifrits arrived that there was a threat and still you said nothing. Personally I feel it is common sense for you to realise I am not giving you an empty threat and you chose to persist with your course ("I dismiss this as I don't think he has a gun and I feel safe and want to stay with the taru&quot, giving me nothing to go in at all. I tried my best with you but nada.
Please now that you are aware of this mic recording issue (which is still suspect to me) fix it because if your side of this conversation came across this would be a whole lot more to talk about but there's very little for me to go on and respond to.
I think you are just trying to pick holes in anything I do because I have already got one of your own tarus scrapped and another from your gang and I feel this is just revenge as you'd rather put a report up than roleplay with my in game and try and prevent it at all.

I had a similar report on me a few years ago (https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/104497-report-a-player-og-reiss-poorlow-quality-rp-report-rejected/?tab=comments#comment-598973) and nothing was ever brought up about me getting my friends to shoot someone else out - this is extremely common for people getting locked in vehicles and shot and I really don't think its a big deal.

in regard to rule 2.5, for the majority of the clip I'm in comms with people not even on the server so I'm not sure that affects much, i later join with people on the server but all i really said was guess what another taru gone to finale, they also came off their own accord as I still had gps and what not .we were kind of just talking generally not much about the sit as id accepted my fate, i probably should of hot mic that my taru was getting scrapped although at the time i was a little bit pissed to lose another one within 24hours so wasn't really thinking. I then didn't feel the need to hot mic the conversation of police holidays as is completely separate to the sit and doesn't honestly affect it same goes for fuss telling me to take controls i simply called him stupid and that i was co pilot

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

I'd like to apologise this has taken so long to be dealt with.

I'll be reviewing this when I wake up tomorrow after garnering opinions from other members of staff.

I believe this has been resolved, I have compensated Tom for the lost gear.

Untitled.png

Good afternoon,

Firstly I'd like to apologise for this taking longer than it should have to be dealt with.

What I've been able to do is speak with both @Tom McColson& @Weiss Tritonregarding this situation and the conclusion we've come to is that instead of bans being issued, instead of people getting into serious trouble (which if we're being honest both parties to an extent have broken some form of server rule) we'll go down the route of 'Alternative Action Taken' 

In this situation, Reiss 'hobo initiated' which in and of itself is poor form and something that such a long standing member of this community should know isn't acceptable. If you're threatening someone's live, you must pose a threat to them. Simply flying around and stating "I'm going to get my friends to shoot you" won't fly. 

However, also in this situation you have Tom who, although he claims for the majority is only out of game chatter, is still talking on an external communication method without hot-mic'ing ingame which is in breach of the following rule; 

• (2.5) You must hot-mic all communications that have been made over teamspeak when they are relevant to influencing the course of roleplay. This means that if you are communicating to fellow team members via Teamspeak and you are in audio proximity range of another player (they can hear you), you must hot mic any commands given so the rival player can overhear. This rule does not apply if both sides are engaged in a gunfight together.

Conclusion:

After carefully considering evidence provided, comments made by both parties & comments I've made above I'm just going to be giving you both a friendly piece of advice. 

In future, @Weiss Tritonwhat you did would be perfectly fine IF instead of hovering above the water for your friend to shoot them out, you instead land and get your friends, with firearms to issue the threats. If Tom doesn't then comply he's quite frankly an idiot and deserves to be shot.

In future, @Tom McColsonanything and everything that is of any relevance to the ingame situation at hand MUST be hot-mic'd ingame for people around you to hear.

If it were not for the discussions I've had with you both on teamspeak this outcome would've been different in so many ways.

This is something you MUST both do better otherwise you might just find yourself here again in the future. 

On behalf of the RPUK Community I'd like to thank you for your efforts to uphold our Server Rules.

-----------------------------------------------------

Report Approved.
Alternative Action Taken.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for playing on our Altis Life Server. 

Your report has been dealt with, but perhaps not in the way you originally envisaged.

Whether this is beneficial or disadvantageous to you will depend entirely on the situation, and staff will have taken the most-appropriate action in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back