What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Vehicle Speeds

TheCap

The Hobo Of The Police
Lifetime Donator
So this topic is not to create a argument nor is it here to troll or cause problems, this is a genuine and curios topic that I have regarding the vehicle speed nerfs that are raining down Los Santos.

As of now I have noticed how LSPS are crying because they cannot catch up to Super cars and falling behind because their OWN police rules make it strict on pulling out a interceptor to catch these vehicles. I understand that vehicles can get abused by their cheap price and their speed. But there should be no reason to nerf cars that are super expensive and hard to obtain.

For Example, I will use the Audi R8, the base value for it is around 2 million Pounds, that price will only keep going up. The amount of R8's I have seen in total were about 3 active ones. Recently there was a update with the speed nerfs and the R8, which only a certain amount of people own and actively use, has been brought down to a horrible speed. I know for a fact that the police complained about them in the past but no changes were done, why when nothing has really changed, has it been nerfed? 

I understand that with the amount of fast cars there are, its frustrating to catch up to these people, and punish them properly, but its not fair to the rest that the entire vehicle base gets changed to make it not even worth 1 million anymore. I hope I can find a answer to this question:

Why do vehicles which cost alot and only a few people have them get nerfed so heavily but vehicles that I can get for 1.6 times cheaper faster than them? 

Here we are again.

As of now I have noticed how LSPS are crying because they cannot catch up to Super cars and falling behind because their OWN police rules make it strict on pulling out a interceptor to catch these vehicles.
Only 2 of our vehicles are able to match the speeds of most "super cars" the Volvo V90 (RPU) and the BMW M5 (Interceptor).
The Interceptor rules were not initial placed in by the LSPS Command team (At least to my knowledge). Due to the fact in RP we only possess 1 of them, how is it possible to loosen the grip on the rules?
As mentioned only 2 of our vehicles can pursue the top end cars efficiently, how do you expect us, as the LSPS to resolve this? 
Two options.

1. Bring supercars down a bit to keep them as prized possessions for their glitz and glamour instead of being used as the constant Fast and Furious getaway cars.
  2. Buff areas of the Police vehicle fleet to enable them to actually challenge these super cars, either boost speeds or have more interceptors.

LSPS are crying
From my perspective, good luck being taken seriously when your opening statement for your question involves an incendiary comment thrown towards a large chunk of the playerbase who get enough stick as it is from trolls, rulebreakers, the challenge of policing LS especially when they are still learning.
Perhaps come at it from a more diplomatic angle and mention how we have raised concerns regarding vehicles and want to see change.

Only 2 of our vehicles are able to match the speeds of most "super cars" the Volvo V90 (RPU) and the BMW M5 (Interceptor).
The Interceptor rules were not initial placed in by the LSPS Command team (At least to my knowledge). Due to the fact in RP we only possess 1 of them, how is it possible to loosen the grip on the rules?
I understand that, then that is something police will have to bring up to Devs/Staff/Management, because the major difference between the way Police get vehicles out and civilians is, Civilians have to work extremely hard to obtain said vehicles. Whilst police can easily pull it out. 

Bring supercars down a bit to keep them as prized possessions for their glitz and glamour instead of being used as the constant Fast and Furious getaway cars
I agree that not all cars should be extremely quick or fast and furious type, but nerfing vehicles that would normally be extremely hard to obtain/pay for is pretty dang unfair.

Buff areas of the Police vehicle fleet to enable them to actually challenge these super cars, either boost speeds or have more interceptors
That I would agree with, just because a rule has been set in place where only 1 interceptor can be pulled out is also possibly unfair to cops as well. I want to be completely open about this subject, because I fear that they will over power police and will be biased towards civs. 

From my perspective, good luck being taken seriously when your opening statement for your question involves an incendiary comment thrown towards a large chunk of the playerbase who get enough stick as it is from trolls, rulebreakers, the challenge of policing LS especially when they are still learning.
Perhaps come at it from a more diplomatic angle and mention how we have raised concerns regarding vehicles and want to see change.
I am also in the police, and its shit not being able to catch up to a car due to its speed. I should have probably opened with something better, but I was quite disappointed when I learned what happened to the R8

Here we are again.

As mentioned only 2 of our vehicles can pursue the top end cars efficiently, how do you expect us, as the LSPS to resolve this? 
Two options.

1. Bring supercars down a bit to keep them as prized possessions for their glitz and glamour instead of being used as the constant Fast and Furious getaway cars.
  2. Buff areas of the Police vehicle fleet to enable them to actually challenge these super cars, either boost speeds or have more interceptors.

The thing is though there should be something in place for anyone using supercars/hypercars for crime where when you see them you scrap them, the Regara has been nerfed into the floor it does 120mph and get's beaten by a 24k dune buggy now because "Police Cars should be able to catch stuff" when infact that statement is wrong the buggy does 145 fyi. 

A police interceptor would never be able to keep up in a straight line with these kinds of cars and that's a 100% fact, you should have the power to scrap expensive vehicles if they're being used in crime, ive never took chase in a supercar/hypercar purely based on the fact that I value my cars and the speed they did & that I never wanted to loose them (It was 10mph faster in a straight line than the police's fastest car) The R8 was the same, 160mph in a straight line. 

There becomes an issue when cars that did the same speed have been left, some city cars do 170+ but they get left the same and haven't been touched for ages. It's slowly becoming so one sided for the police so they can catch every car and always win situations it's not becoming enjoyable all 99% of people want is cars and to have a small collection, scrap the cars of people that take chase all of the time as that's what would happen leave people with some decently paced cars, after all supercars/hypercars aren't coming back and they aren't adding more, it makes sense for them to be fast and not get out paced by police frontline cars, the interceptor should not be the fastest car on the server but that's just my opinion at the end of the day. 

TLDR: 

• Create an Interceptor Team consisting of 4+ M5's (The police budget would easily support this)
  • Use NPAS more, if the cars managed to outpace the Interceptor the Heli would ALWAYS be able to find them get height, call it in & create barricades / stings to stop the Hyper&Supercars. 
  • If the top bullet point isn't possible remove the M5 create 2/3 different Interceptor teams with High Performance Subaru's & Evo's (The Humberside Police is the force i'm basing this part of the suggestion on) They'd be cheaper on the Police Budget over all and to be fair it makes more sense for these to be the cars that are Interceptors, they're high performance cars anyway the can be crashed and battered a bit and repaired cheaper than an M5 (In RP it'd make more sense toward the budget if you wanted to argue this case) and are used all around England as "Interceptors" 
  • Rules behind the Interceptor being brought out need to be re-worked, they should be accessible to anyone that has completed "Interceptor Training" (If this is already a thing fair enough) there should be teams, there should be no authorisation needed for them it doesn't make sense that this would be a thing at all. Interceptors are always out policing the roads. 

When the Interceptor did 225 and was the fastest thing on the planet the police never complained about how fast any civ car was because they could always catch them the second it was slowed down because realistically a lightly modified M5 running the standard gear ratios would never do 225 is when all of the complaining from the Police came and then that's where cars that aren't even used in crime started getting nerfed for no reason, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Porsche 911 GT2 RS, GT3 RS Etc weren't even in reach for petty criminals & all of the people that were criminals who owned these in the past have been incarcerated for life or sold the cars on. Please just take into consideration that nerfing everyone's cars into the floor is removing a lot of the fun of collecting cars for people & for some people it's all they can do as they don't want to bridge into criminal life and loose the millions they have spent on these cars. 

Please, please, please start punishing those with fast cars with scraps instead of nerfing everything people want to be able to go fast even if realistically that is only 160/170 I agree things doing 200 is too fast and doesn't make sense but please make cars that cost millions quicker, rarity, speed everything adds to the value of these limited edition cars.

(This is my opinion and not that of the staff team)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back