What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - MadGeordie - Altis Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boab

Banned
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: PC Boab [6699]

Name of the player(s) you are reporting: MadGeordie

Which server did the incident take place on: Altis Life

Date of the incident: 03/04/21

Time of the incident (GMT): 1658

What best describes this incident ?: VDM/Exploit

Please (in detail) describe the incident: I decamp my ifrit to get ready to shoot MadGeordie out of his as he passes, he decides to ram into my ifrit which is stationary which then causes me to be put into the vdm script, he uses the vdm script to get an unfair advantage and a free kill.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrFpk68-zc
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello since this report is about me I'd like to share my side of things on that situation for a start I don't see why you've waited 2 days to report me? this happened on the 3rd of March and now it's the 5th, as far as I'm aware I thought there was a set time that you can report someone of up to 24 hours however besides that this could've been resolved by now and possibly in a much more suitable manor all you had to do was simply contact me and have a chat with me in a liaison about the situation so I could tell you my side of things. For a start if you watch the clip you can see I drove through smoke which you or one of your gang members deployed moments before, I was first person at the time with the intentions to ram you just like you did to me moments before so not only was my vision blinded by smoke which is fair play and there's nothing wrong with that however you decamped on the left side of the Ifrit where I could not see you, at this point I was third person as I impacted the Ifrit and figured you'd just decamped as I hopped out, more or less I completely agree that was VDM and was unfair of me to do, however you've also reported me on the terms of "Exploiting" Can you elaborate on that because I do not exploit, I have no problem in compensating you for the situation even two days after the event obviously the VDM was my mistake so comping you is not a problem if you're more than happy for that solution to this? Never the less good luck have fun buddy.

@Boab You chose to make the report 2 days after the incident why?  My bad miss read the date format, report made just under 24 hour period.
Why did you also not attempt to resolve the situation?

@MrAnderson Why did you proceed to kill him after you have seen him get struck to the floor after you hit the ifrit? 

Seeing that there hasn't been any update from either side I'm assuming comp wasn't given and you two haven't discussed it further.

Please answer the questions above so I am able to proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty In my perspective I'd figured he'd jumped out at the last possible second, more or less it was a moment of weakness and I completely own up to that mistake however I still don't see why I've been reported on the terms of "exploiting". I'm still happy to comp but haven't heard anything.

I'm going to be reviewing this Report a Player and passing judgement on it around 5pm UK Time on the 8th of March. (Today)

Before I do, I have a few questions I'd like both parties to ask. If no replies are given I'll proceed with what I have at hand;

@BoabIf you could please answer the question that KierT has asked in regard to why you didn't try to resolve the situation with 'MadGeordie'.

@MrAndersonYou don't happen to have a video from your perspective that could prove your claims to be true regarding the whole first person, smoke shenanigans? 

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Sadly not no, I don't use recording software in zones because my FPS just dies with my pc being old tech, obviously I understand that this was VDM however it does disappoint that I wasn't contacted to resolve the matter I feel like this is out of spite obviously I'm not at all condoning the VDM and I still stand by what I said and take full responsibility and still willing to comp the user, just hoping this doesn't back fire on me over a simple situation mistake with a moments notice of him decamping the Ifrit, never the less GL HF all stay safe.

@Boab You chose to make the report 2 days after the incident why?  My bad miss read the date format, report made just under 24 hour period.
Why did you also not attempt to resolve the situation?

@MrAnderson Why did you proceed to kill him after you have seen him get struck to the floor after you hit the ifrit? 

Seeing that there hasn't been any update from either side I'm assuming comp wasn't given and you two haven't discussed it further.

Please answer the questions above so I am able to proceed.
Why would I try to resolve @KeirThe has rammed my ifrit which knocked me over accident or not he still got out and chose to kill me, it's not hard to stop yourself from doing that and I can't really be comped as a cop.

If you put yourself in my shoes though mate we were in an active gunfight over the zone and you literally hopped out at the last possible second, it's easy to resolve things and talk things out but you've jumped straight to the report option which I feel was pretty harsh, re-watching that video a few times over you can really see how it was hard for me to see you initially when you got out the Ifrit, you decamped on the left side and you were hidden by the overall height of the vehicle that being said that doesn't defend the fact that I shot you afterwards if I remember correctly my thought process was that you jumped out at the last possible second as I was informed by past group members if they do this it's "their own fault" if I'm wrong feel free to correct me because I'd like to know if this is fact, never the less gl hf but can you please elaborate on the exploit part please? I'm guessing it either means I abused the VDM script or I'm borderline exploiting just which is it? Thanks.

Hello @Boab @MrAnderson

Once again I'd like to apologise for the delay in the handling of this Report a Player. Just so you know, my comments about dealing with this at 5pm today were clearly lies. I wasn't even awake at 5pm Today. lmao

After carefully considering evidence provided, comments made by both parties, players history from bans, notes, common knowledge etc. I have come to the following conclusion; 

While I can believe that you didn't intentionally VDM his ifrit and had your vision impaired by the smoke, first person or whatever it is, what I can not believe is that you, as a long standing member of this community, think that taking advantage of someone who has been VDM'd and killing them whilst they're on the floor is acceptable. 

You should know that it is not only frowned upon but also considered to be a rule break under the 'Common Sense' Rule, as has been clearly shown in multiple previous reports. You had ample opportunity not to shoot at boab after you clearly saw him on the floor in the VDM Script, yet you persisted and took the shot. 

We will NOT tolerate people taking advantage of those who have clearly been VDM'd. You'd be equally as frustrated if this happened to you.

This is something I highly advise you and others to think before you act. It's not all about the kill. 

Name: MadGeordie
RPUK ID: 5557
Ban Duration: 24 Hours

On behalf of the RPUK Community I'd like to thank you for your efforts to uphold our Server Rules

-----------------------------------------------------

Report ACTIONED

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for playing on our Altis Life Server.

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back