What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Wait times

ItsHolty

Hi, new player here, recently joined earlier but had to leave due to server restart and I've currently been sat in a queue to join back for nearly 2 hours, is there a way to increase priority or are there plans to expand the server allowance? It just sucks with working full time I know a lot of people would struggle to find time out to get on

Priority is given to Staff / Devs due to the role that they play and the server slots have been getting boosted over the past week or so. Id imagine that they will keep going until they find a sweet spot.

A popular suggestion that is being spoken about in this, might be worth giving it a read and adding your piece into it 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
There's 60 more slots than what there was a week ago I believe. Almost 50% increase.

The server seems to be showing some desync issues when full now and again (vehicles/road furntiure throwing themselves about a bit) so I would think, personally, we are at or almost at what the server can take based on the code it is now - so I would think that we should not expect any significant improvements on slots as much as we've seen this week for now until FiveM stops getting stroppy. FiveM can be a bit fragile at times and can do some strange things triggered by unrelated things. The Devs have done a fab job so far to get to where we are.

The queue system is as fair as it's going to get I think. I think if someone had a better queue solution they would have said it by now and we would all be dancing around an open fire celebrating. They could set to particular groups to get priority but most other groups seem to have a good bunch of numbers and adding more to the priority group would only make joining for someone like yourself longer and more tedious. RPUK for as long as I've known it have not wanted to be Pay to Win or have any financial benefit to a members experience so really the "everyone is treated the same" with the exception of those recently disconnected and admins/staff is the best it's going to get.

Dev team as said doing a great job at trimming the fat off previously written code. That could be unnecessary functions in scripts, making them more effecient, or making an SQL query become 1 instead of 3 all helps.

The other issue is the bigger you make the server, the higher it appears on peoples lists. Throw in the fact you don't have to sign up anywhere and can join without whitelisting, applications etc will only encourage players to come along. I think last week on 125 saw at or just short of 100 queing. On current numbers that would only be 50 players, but actually the queue was larger around 70-80 today I think - so more players actively trying to connect. 

Everyone is going to be frustrated seeing the slow moving queue, but it's as fair as it's going to get and no immediate options are available; while still considering that there is no point ramping up the players to 200+ if the server's gonna make that experience buggy, problematic or cause the server to spit it's dummy out and refuse to work. If you think you have something in mind someone might not have thought of already then I'm sure the Dev team are open ears, otherwise in the meantime it's unfortunate you must wait in order with everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also new to the GTA 5 RP,  the que can be annoying sometimes and indeed we have to wait hours to join in. When this happens I just decide to do something else and try again the next day. I also work and have school which means I cant join in after restart. Sometimes I'm home at 23:00 and the que line is 80 XDD.

The good part for this is that people are actually willing to wait and that means the server is just good and popular. Ive noticed they changed the slots. But I agree with Jason. If you make it 200+ more freshies who cant RP join in, which means more trouble for the staff team. Also the bugs and lag wil come to point out. 

There can be an idea of making two servers, but my personal opinion on that is that you devide the GTA 5 RP community which will be bad. It makes it harder for RP if there is 2 ''city's''. 

Guess we all have to be lucky or patience to join in the server. All I know is, if I have a day off, I will be in the city from 08:00 🤣

Its all about the balance, with increased server sizes you dilute the number of people who can RP and the people who are just there to mess about and troll. Provided the queue isnt too long I usually don't mind waiting as it doesn't take up too much processing power to have it running in the background while playing another game/Netflixing it up. The dev team are doing a cracking job keeping the server maintained and getting rid of the riff-raff in a timely fashion. Personally I wait until the restart times and keep my finger on the button to get in as soon as the server is back up but its not always possible given the work/life balance.

Tight lines y'all

Keep safe and keep RPing

Back